Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
FairyCC
Earning My Ears

Good Alternates?

Any thoughts/feedback aprpeciated.... DH & I are getting "gifted"/renting a timeshare week from some friends. They own at Bonnet Creek ( I think, since that's where they always stay) But they said something about thier wyndham & rci points getting all changed around? We are meeting up with them to confirm/book our trip for this fall (Sept 21-28)
That's the only week DH can get from work & we already bought flights. I am seriously hoping we're not screwed here....
Our friends told us that we could pick anywhere on Disney in thge DVC resorts... so I asked over on the DVC board & they told me HIGHLY unlikely that it's even a possibility, never mind there even being any space.
With that being said, I looked more into BC & it seems REALLY nice. Especially since we are going to be traveling with a 20 mon old & will be spending lots of time at the pool.....
However, I am worried now that even there wont' be available.... so I started looking at other alternates... some of the Hilton Grand Vacations are nice (DH &I stayed at the one on Idrive in 09 & 10 and liked it) that will definately be our backup... I was just hoping to be a little closer to the
DH says I'm over thinking it and it will be great no matter where we stay... we definately need a 1 bedroom not a studio (DS will need a separate sleeping area, so much so that I am considering paying for the upgrade to a 2 bedrm) Anyway....
I guess I am asking outside of BC & the hilton & dvc properties, what would you recommend keeping in mind traveling with a toddler? (we will have a car and I know the area fairly well)
2009- "Disneymoon" 2 weeks!
2010- August (1st Anniversary)
2011- May & September
2013- September! DS's 1st WDW trip!

FairyCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
littlestar
DIS Veteran

I'd include Sheraton vistana and the other two Hilton's at parc soleil and sea world.
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #3
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

I was very impressed with vistana on I drive and I also had a good experience at parkway international.
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #4
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

At Silver Lake Resort in a one bedroom now..... Although I prefer WBC, I would return to SLR again for price and convenience to the park. It is right next to AK and easy to access road to Disney property via Sherberth (avoiding 192 and popping the Disney "bubble"). If you book through RCI, be sure to book Silver Lake Silver Points. This guarantees that you will get the 800, 900, or 1000 buildings that are newer and there is a zero entry pool right next to them. The condo is nice and kids have been comfortable on the pullout, no problem.
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote