Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #1
mommy2adisneygirl
Earning My Ears

Help me plan our visit to Vancouver, please!

We will be on the June 17th Alaskan cruise - our first DCL cruise! We have picked our port adventures, so now what to do in Vancouver? We will have 1 day before the cruise and 1 day after (both full days), first trip to Vancouver. Will be myself, DH, and our DD 4. Obviously we don't have enough time to "do it all" and reading all of the information available on this board is making my head spin, so I'm hoping someone (or better, several people!) will help me out. We are staying at the Fairmont Waterfront hotel. DH is really interested in seeing the suspension bridge, I think Grouse mountain, Stanley park, and Granville island sound like fun, and we would like to visit Chinatown (DD is Chinese). I'm guessing that's way too much to actually do - so what would you do? And what is the best way to get around? Any suggestions would be great - obviously I need lots of help! Thanks!
mommy2adisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
The Lorax
Impossible is nothing

To get some good advice from local Vancouverites I would suggest that you post your question in the Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board forum - Certain that you will get many greats tips there.

I would offer some suggestions, but it has been many years since my last visit to Vancouver.

03/01/2014 7-Night Western Caribbean - Fantasy
05/08/2011 4-Night Bahamian - Carnival
The Lorax is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
DillWaters
Mouseketeer

There's a recent thread here that has some tips in it titled "Vancouver realistic agenda with charter tour?"

I'd post a link but I can't figure out how to post a link to another thread using my iPad.

EDIT: Switched to my laptop. Click here: Vancouver realistic agenda with charter tour?

Last edited by DillWaters; 04-02-2013 at 09:35 PM.
DillWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2adisneygirl View Post
We will be on the June 17th Alaskan cruise - our first DCL cruise! We have picked our port adventures, so now what to do in Vancouver? We will have 1 day before the cruise and 1 day after (both full days), first trip to Vancouver. Will be myself, DH, and our DD 4. Obviously we don't have enough time to "do it all" and reading all of the information available on this board is making my head spin, so I'm hoping someone (or better, several people!) will help me out. We are staying at the Fairmont Waterfront hotel. DH is really interested in seeing the suspension bridge, I think Grouse mountain, Stanley park, and Granville island sound like fun, and we would like to visit Chinatown (DD is Chinese). I'm guessing that's way too much to actually do - so what would you do? And what is the best way to get around? Any suggestions would be great - obviously I need lots of help! Thanks!
We did the suspension bridge. It was so cool. To hike the park took about 2-3 hours. We also did Granville Island. We took public transportation to all. Right out your hotel is a great area to walk around. We rented bikes and rode all around (very flat) the city along the coast. It was great. Vancouver was one of our very favorite cities to visit. Plenty of bars/restaurants nearby and public transportation was very easy.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #5
kgsmith
DIS Veteran

We used Landsea Tours in Vancouver in 2011. We combined two tours for the day before our Alaska cruise. We thought they were great-- We had a terrific tour guide. They picked us up from our hotel (We stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront.) We made stops at several downtown hotels to pick up other guests. In the morning, we did the North Shore tour which included the Capilano Suspension bridge, Grouse Mountain, and a salmon fishery. Our driver/tour guide was nice enough to drop us off for lunch (on his way to drop off other guests at their hotels) and picked us up from the restaurant to begin the second tour. The second, afternoon tour was through Downtown Vancouver (including Chinatown, Gastown), Stanley Park, and Granville Island. With the short amount of time we had in Vancouver, we never would have seen so much without these tours. I read some not so great reviews of the hop on-hop off tours, so I'm happy we went with Landsea.

If we had another day or two, I think we would have added another tour with them.

http://www.vancouvertours.com/

kgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #6
meajuly5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2adisneygirl
I contacted landsea tours with the same list of "hope to see". They had lots of suggestions. They have standard tours and custom tours. I also got fine great advice from people who live in Vancouver or have traveled there in the thread that is linked below. I am working with landsea to tweak our tour. Although it seems fairly accessible, a private tour will work best for my group as we have a diverse group of ages and will likely all get frustrated with each other if we don't have a set plan.
meajuly5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: