Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #31
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmyann View Post
Okay, good to know. The drop isn't bad at all (here Busch Gardens Escape from Pompeii is 80ft). From the sounds of it & the video I watched this shouldn't be nearly as bad as Dinosaur at Disney was for me. You can drop me, jerk me, flip me around on any ride & it's all good, but make me face down dinosaur's & I freak out. I do admit though that drop, water rides are my least favorite.
You did see the huge T Rex before the drop, right and the spitters on the way up the lift?
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #32
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Hahaha, that's why I don't like Dinosaur either. It has such potential that is so wasted. Indy is one of my favourite rides anywhere.

i have secret hope that the now 'dumbed-down' indy show @ MGM will be torn down and the indy ride transported overfat chance lol

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #33
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I'm too scared to scream but I think it.

I like the padded bars on the JP boats. I feel more secure somehow. Dudley looks much worse than both Splash and JP put together which is why I've never ridden it.
Oh, I liked Dudley more than JP. I hate the drops, but the Dudley one was just funny seeing the building at the bottom of the drop. And you can hold on the side rails, and put your feet on the side. My kids laugh at me. They are the one's with their hands up. Dudley's a ride I only do once too.

I don't feel like I'm gonna die on any flume ride. I am not a drop fan wet or dry. Lucky my kids didn't get that gene. They are ride junkies.

And Metro, I did NOT want to know the height or how veritical it was. All I heard was we're not gonna make it, the T-Rex staring at us, then we hang for a few seconds before the drop. I was like hurry up already. It does make a really big splash, even when it was only myself and my 2 kids in the boat.
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #34
kimmyann
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You did see the huge T Rex before the drop, right and the spitters on the way up the lift?
Ha, yeah I saw it. I'm holding on to the hope that it's not the same feeling as Dinosaur that they are chasing me down. Like I said before, it will probably all depend on what kind of mood I'm in that day. My DH & kids don't get my "mood thing". Sometimes I'm in the mood & sometimes I'm not , even on rides I have rode many times.

2007(June)- HoJo Maingate East. Our first & cheapest trip to Orlando. Platinum Pass holders for Busch parks. Seaworld and BGT.
2009(June)- Disney. Port Orleans French Quarter.
2010(June)- The Palms Hotel & Villas. Seaworld, Aquatica, BGT & Clearwater beach.
2011(June)-Quality Suites LBV. Seaworld, Aquatica, BGT & Wonderworks.
2013(May)- RPR & Comfort Suites Maingate East. Universal, Seaworld & who knows what else.
kimmyann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #35
Lyndye
Mouseketeer

I know these posts are a couple weeks old but I had to comment...

I totally think I'm gonna die on ToT. I usually only ride it so my mom doesn't have to go alone.

I used to think I was gonna die on Dinosaur (and I am a huge dinosaur fan, but I hated that ride). I decided last fall I was gonna be an adult and just do it again because I love dinosaurs and it's ridiculous not to ride it. I requested to be in the middle of the back row and it was MUCH, MUCH better. I wasn't scared like I had been the other 2 times I rode it and the jerking/dark wasn't as bad to me.

JP doesn't bother me at all. I loved it!
14 Disney World visits, 1 Disneyland Oct 2013--Pop Century Oct 2012--All Star Music; MNSSHP, F&W Oct 2010--Pop Century; MNSSHP, F&W Mar 2010--Off site Jun 2009--All Star Sports Mar 2009--Disneyland Jul 2008--Off site Feb 2008--Pop Century; Pirate and Princess Party Oct 2007--All Star Music; MNSSHP, F&W Feb 2007--Pop Century; Pirate and Princess Party Jan 2007--Pop Century and Nick Hotel Dec 2005--Coronado Springs Jan 2005--All Star Music May 2004--All Star Movies Oct 1993--Off site
Lyndye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #36
Paigemitchell
Earning My Ears

I read that JP was going to be closed in May ????
Paigemitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #37
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paigemitchell View Post
I read that JP was going to be closed in May ????
Yes, it will be down for refurbs from May 4 - 22.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #38
tchrchgo
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Yes, it will be down for refurbs from May 4 - 22.
I'll be there may 24-27, yay! We love that ride!
tchrchgo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: