Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
rrali33tt
Mouseketeer

More questions about American Adventure Rotunda

In light of DFTW's recent announcement of allowing outside photographers into the parks for wedding events, I am not revisiting the posisibility of hosting a reception in the AAR. I was hoping someone could answer these questions...

1. I know a reception must start after 7pm but what time does it have to end? If Epcot closes around 10 after illuminations, does your party end that time?

2. Is AAR buffet or plated menu only?

3. In regards to the DJ "lighting package" can you have that at AAR and what is it/how much?

4. How do they know that you have met the 100 person minimum, what if 90 people show up (ex 10 cancel last minute), will they move your event?

5. How far are the bathrooms from the venue? I am going to assume the bride has to go outside to use the bathrooms too? If you rent the upstairs parlor too is there a bathroom there?

thanks!

rrali33tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrali33tt View Post
1. I know a reception must start after 7pm but what time does it have to end? If Epcot closes around 10 after illuminations, does your party end that time?
No, you would have a traditional 4-hour reception and then pay more if you wanted to extend the time.

Quote:
2. Is AAR buffet or plated menu only?
Either.

Quote:
3. In regards to the DJ "lighting package" can you have that at AAR and what is it/how much?
The DJ price includes a standard lighting package at no extra charge.

Quote:
4. How do they know that you have met the 100 person minimum, what if 90 people show up (ex 10 cancel last minute), will they move your event?
It's based on the guest count that's due a few days before your wedding. Neither you nor Disney can control whether or not all your guests will show up—they're not going to move you at the last second.

Quote:
5. How far are the bathrooms from the venue? I am going to assume the bride has to go outside to use the bathrooms too? If you rent the upstairs parlor too is there a bathroom there?

thanks!
The bathrooms are outside and all the way at the back of the pavilion, on the Italy side, beyond the ATM. There is a bathroom in the upstairs parlor that you can use when you rent it.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

How does the cost of the DJ at AAR compare to that of ADH?

What does typical decoration costs run? Are there chair and table rental fees?

What other fees am I forgetting that would be associated with AAR?
Cmdbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
rrali33tt
Mouseketeer

Thanks Lurkyloo!

Cmdbuddy - great questions...I totally forgot about the table rentals. I might go back to the original ADH plan lol

Old 04-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
rrali33tt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdbuddy View Post
There is a $2000 venue rental fee for the rotunda and $800 for the upstairs parlor if you want that too.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #6
lurkyloo

Quote:
How does the cost of the DJ at AAR compare to that of ADH?

What does typical decoration costs run? Are there chair and table rental fees?

There is also an $800 greens package required if you have so many guests that you need to seat them on the second level (i.e., more than 150).

There are no fees for standard chairs and tables. Bringing in Chiavari chairs or extra tables will incur fees starting at around $200.

Unfortunately, there is no typical price for the various floral and decor elements Disney creates because they are all custom-designed to your specifications. However, you can use the numbers in Pricing document that's in the Wishes packet Disney sends as a ballpark (i.e., Centerpieces from $75, Chair covers with bow from $8.50, etc.). Or you can tell Disney Floral that you want to spend $[X] on centerpieces that look like [Y] and ask them what they can do for that price.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:44 AM   #7
Cmdbuddy
Mouseketeer

Just got some answers from Disney. Even though you can't host an event till after 7, it really never happens that way. 7 is when they would close the attraction, and then they have to clear it and then flip it for your event. They really prefer the reception to start after Illuminations (around 9:30 PM). You can use Illuminations as your cocktail hour if you want to pay the rental fee and spend enough on the food and beverage minimum (shouldn't be a problem with 100 guests).

DJ package is $1750 ($250 more than ADH)

Remember that every guest has to have chartered transportation into and out of the park.

And to wet your appetite just a little...

Beautiful Wedding in AAR

Cmdbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #8
rrali33tt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You can use Illuminations as your cocktail hour if you want to pay the rental fee and spend enough on the food and beverage minimum (shouldn't be a problem with 100 guests).
Do you still have to pay the illuminations viewing fee for guests?

btw ..its SO gorgeous, but I am not sure if I am comfortable my guests eating dinner at 10pm :/

Last edited by rrali33tt; 04-05-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #9
PrincessAllie5678
Earning My Ears

Yea, it is pretty late. I'm going to do a substantial amount of food at the cocktail hour/Illuminations and skip the appetizer course at the dinner so the food comes out quicker.

Yea, you do have to pay the Illuminations fee. Basically everything is the same as a dessert party except you're serving hors d'oeuvres instead of desserts.
PrincessAllie5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #10
lurkyloo

You don't have to pay a viewing fee for guests who have park admission, as long as they're willing to use it. Guests with multiday passes but no park hopping might not want to, but if you had annual passholders, for example, that would be ideal.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: