Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
princessap
DIS Veteran

question about 180+10 adr

I have never booked using the 180 +10 rule before...how exactly does this work?? Do I use our check in date as the 180 and then the 10 is the 10 days after that?? so if we check in November 1 when could I call to book? we did BOG last time and our girls really want to do it again so am hoping to be able to get it!!! It is really the only one we want, maybe Tepan Edo too but not sure yet.
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

For arrivals on November 1, you can book ADRs on May 5.

The 180+10 means that on May 5, you may book ADRs for the first ten days of your trip, assuming you already have a resort reservation/confirmation.

I advise planning on doing so over the telephone rather than online, because the website has not been cooperating with the +10 part.

And don't sweat over Teppan Edo, this one almost never books up.
PictureJumpr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

this link takes you to the Dining Date calculator.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...dispscalc.html
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PictureJumpr View Post
For arrivals on November 1, you can book ADRs on May 5.

The 180+10 means that on May 5, you may book ADRs for the first ten days of your trip, assuming you already have a resort reservation/confirmation.

I advise planning on doing so over the telephone rather than online, because the website has not been cooperating with the +10 part.

And don't sweat over Teppan Edo, this one almost never books up.
thanks....will I be able to get BOG if I wait the hour after they go live online vs calling right at 7am??? should I plan to call earlier and just wait on line?
Old 04-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
princessap
DIS Veteran

My other question is "if we check in on November 1 but dont want the reservation till the 5th, I can do that as part of the plus ten right?"

I read somewhere else that you can book ten days prior to your reservation in order to get your arrival night....I came to the experts here as even I knew that was wrong!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
princessap
DIS Veteran

how does online know about the plus ten?? will it link in with my reservation? guessing I should be online around 545am just in case??
Old 04-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #7
GoofyHusband
Earning My Ears

Good luck with trying to book online for the ten days out. My 180 day mark was yesterday and I woke up early to book all of our ADRs. Online would only let me book the first day. I waited until 7 am eastern and called in. They helped me book all my ADRs with no problem. Except I didn't get into Narcoossee's or the Californian Grill.
GoofyHusband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #8
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
how does online know about the plus ten?? will it link in with my reservation? guessing I should be online around 545am just in case??
When you choose the date and time to look for availability, the software recognizes that the date is more than 180 days into the future. It will come up with a warning:
We noticed that you requested a day more than 180 days in advance. Only resort guests have the benefit of reserving dining reservations that far in advance. If you have a resort reservation, please confirm it now.
The link will take you to a page where you enter your resort reservation number, last name and check in date. Once you provide that information, you will be able to make your ADRs for 180+10. You will only need to enter it once per session. If you close your browser and visit the website again at a later time, you will need to re-enter the information.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #9
princessap
DIS Veteran

Thanks....I liked it before when you could look for a week at a time! Can you still do that with the plus ten?? or do you have to search for every day?? I am hoping that by only wanting one reservation I will be okay!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #10
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
thanks....will I be able to get BOG if I wait the hour after they go live online vs calling right at 7am??? should I plan to call earlier and just wait on line?
There are no guarantees that you will get the reservation, even if you are right online at 6 AM EDT or if you are the first to call at 7 AM EDT. There are people who are arriving before you who will have had the opportunity to book their 180+10 as well. It's possible that they will have booked all of the available seats at BOG for the first 9 days of your stay.

Quote:
My other question is "if we check in on November 1 but dont want the reservation till the 5th, I can do that as part of the plus ten right?"

I read somewhere else that you can book ten days prior to your reservation in order to get your arrival night....I came to the experts here as even I knew that was wrong!
You can book the ADR for 11/5 as a part of your 180+10 if you're arriving on 11/01. You cannot book for your arrival night until 180 days before you arrive. In other words, you cannot call at 190 days prior to your arrival and be able to book an ADR for your arrival night. It doesn't work that way.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #11
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

I just did the 180+10 this morning online. I got to the computer at 5:45am, just to be safe. I logged into my account, and clicked the link given, entered all my information and it was then allowed to book for day 184, 186, etc... I worked really well and was easy! Just make sure you click the link and enter your information.
I had TONS of availability at BOG and CRT. Yippee! (then went back to bed. 5:45am? seriously? I must be a Disney nut!)
Unfortunately you can only search one day at a time.
Good luck!
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:07 PM   #12
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post
I just did the 180+10 this morning online. I got to the computer at 5:45am, just to be safe. I logged into my account, and clicked the link given, entered all my information and it was then allowed to book for day 184, 186, etc... I worked really well and was easy! Just make sure you click the link and enter your information.
I had TONS of availability at BOG and CRT. Yippee! (then went back to bed. 5:45am? seriously? I must be a Disney nut!)
Unfortunately you can only search one day at a time.
Good luck!
what link do you mean??

Am excited that there was lots if availability for bOG!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #13
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star

Quote:
what link do you mean??

Am excited that there was lots if availability for bOG!
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_GB/

It links to the old website but it's still active. The new website is working for 180 days out but not for the +10.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #14
Disney Obsession
Earning My Ears

Don't be discouraged if you don't get BOG at the 180+10 mark. My 180 day mark was 3/27, and there was no availability for the 3 days I was searching for. However, I kept checking availability daily, and today was able to book a table of 6. So don't lose hope if it doesn't work out the first time!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #15
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!

I don't know why it's so hard to wrap my brain around this....so if my arrival date is 11/17, I can call or get online on 4/20 (180 days out) and book dining reservations for 11/17, 11/18, 11/19 etc up to 11/27? right?

What happens if I have to change anything about our vacation plans? If we have to adjust our dates, do I lose my dining reservations?

And so the online system goes "live" at 6am EST and call in at 7am EST?
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

PoppyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: