Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #16
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac25 View Post
Does anyone know if this means you still have to forfeit the disney photography in your package if you have an outside photographer?.
We're having an escape wedding and we're thinking of having randy chapman (we're meeting him this week) for the ceremony then using our disney photography for our DP. But can we now ask randy to do it all but have disney as a second photographer?
I'm only asking as we want the MK shoot and I thought you had to use disney photography for the wedding to have this?

No. Disney no longer sends the photographer included with its Escape package as a second shooter (even if you've swapped the ceremony photography for dessert party photography). However, you do not have to be using Disney Photography in order to book the Magic Kingdom bridal portrait session. They just let you book it *sooner* if you use Disney's photography.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #17
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

RANDY CHAPMAN can't say enough wonderful things about him. He has been shooting Disney weddings since before Disney had an official wedding business. He has grown with the times and he loves changing with the times and growing as a photographer. He will do your wedding justice.

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 01:33 AM   #18
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Whoa! This is a huge deal!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:48 AM   #19
Ember
I've also crazy glued myself to many things
I'm calling it a victory. At least until next time

Congrats, future Disney brides! This is great news for you!!
Ember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #20
jshora
Mouseketeer

So, can you use outside photographers for the photo shoots that happen before the park opens? Or is this only for events that are occurring park hours?
jshora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #21
lurkyloo

You still can't use outside photographers inside the parks for just photo shoots. They have to be shooting a ceremony, reception, dessert party or other wedding-related event (whether or not the park is open doesn't matter).
Old 04-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #22
jlmclaughlin
Earning My Ears

I highly recommend RANDY CHAPMAN!!! He is amazing - he was our wedding photographer in 2004 and we have also done family photoshoots with him in 2009 and 2011... such great pics, cannot wait to do another photoshoot with him in EPCOT!!

Soooo exciting for future brides!!!

- Jamie
jlmclaughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #23
Steph2527
DIS Veteran

This is great news!! We are planning our DFTW for May 2014, and are considering using Randy Chapman b/c of all the amazing things we've heard about him.
Steph2527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #24
disneydreamer79
Earning My Ears

This is wonderful news!! We are having Stephanie Harris Photography do our wedding this fall. She does destination weddings and the price was very reasonable. I just found this board and I'm so excited to have a place to share and get ideas with other Disney brides
disneydreamer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #25
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Wonderful news!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #26
aristocatz
DIS Veteran

Randy Chapman is awesome!! VERY talented photographer, affordable prices, & just an all around nice & relaxed guy.

Does this mean they are now allowing outside photographers into Illuminations Dessert Parties?? If so, that is awesome! We really wanted to have Randy at our DP, but were not allowed at the time & Disney Photography was not reasonably priced

aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #27
kmg148
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
No. Disney no longer sends the photographer included with its Escape package as a second shooter (even if you've swapped the ceremony photography for dessert party photography). However, you do not have to be using Disney Photography in order to book the Magic Kingdom bridal portrait session. They just let you book it *sooner* if you use Disney's photography.
I'm not getting married, but this is awesome news for everyone that is! I have always thought the MK photo shoots are awesome and was sad for those who weren't happy with their pictures considering the cost.
kmg148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:25 AM   #28
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

Oh, Lord. I need to get engaged fast, before they change the policy again!
Mel*Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #29
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmg148 View Post
I'm not getting married, but this is awesome news for everyone that is! I have always thought the MK photo shoots are awesome and was sad for those who weren't happy with their pictures considering the cost.
Just to clarify, my response was about the ability to book the Magic Kingdom portrait session when you're using an outside photographer for your wedding. You still have to use Disney Photography for the in-park bridal portrait sessions like the one in the Magic Kingdom. You just don't have to use them for wedding-related events (ceremony, reception, dessert party).
Old 04-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #30
Mel*Pie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Just to clarify, my response was about the ability to book the Magic Kingdom portrait session when you're using an outside photographer for your wedding. You still have to use Disney Photography for the in-park bridal portrait sessions like the one in the Magic Kingdom. You just don't have to use them for wedding-related events (ceremony, reception, dessert party).
What if you have an early morning Epcot ceremony and you arrive an hour or so early to take photos? Can you use your own photographer then? Does that technically fall under the category of "ceremony?"
Mel*Pie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: