Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2013, 11:19 PM   #31
Kafka
Earning My Ears

Minority Business Development PI

Hello all, I'm first timer!! I've received my first phone interview invitation today, which is a week after I've submitted my PI application. I have the interview tomorrow and I'd like to know how the process is like. How many rounds of interviews are there for PI positions? Thanks, you all. Hope our dreams will come true!
Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #32
doitforlove
x0x0 Disney Squirrel

So yesterday I got an email asking me to fill out an "Application DWSS Pro Intern FL." It was basically asking about my eligibility to work in the US, if I had any criminal charges against me and if I'd submit to a background check/finger printing. It seems some others on the Facebook group have received this as well. Hoping to hear back from Disney again soon :D

Spring 2014 Group Sales Professional Intern
Recent Trips:
Sept'11 @ CBR; Sept'12 @ POP; Sept'13 @ CSR
doitforlove is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #33
sigxmike
Earning My Ears

Talking Hey Y'all!

Hey guys! I'm a first timer to this forum. I am so excited and proud to say that I received my offer the other day for the Disney PI in Finance and Accounting! The process was surprisingly fast for me. I believe this was because they were having on campus interviews at my University. Overall the 3 interviews spanned nearly 2 weeks, and I heard back from them a few days after my last interview. In regards to the previous person who posted about the form they e-mailed you asking to submit, I think that's good news! I got that form 2 days before I got the call from HR congratulating me on being accepted, so here's hoping the same goes for you! I submitted my housing reservation, as I will be driving up from Miami and don't really know the orlando area too well. But if any of y'all are looking for roommates for relatively the same price as what I'd be paying at Falcon Square, let me know! I'd prefer to have my own room anyway lol.
sigxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #34
Joeywarhorse
Mouseketeer

Has anyone else out there filled out the "Application DWSS Pro Intern FL."?

I'm wondering how long it takes to hear anything after you submit it.

I hope it's a good thing like sigxmike said.

Any other info anyone could provide would be really appreciated!
Joeywarhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #35
TheWickerMan
Earning My Ears

I just filled mine in! Super excited to get it, since I didn't make it to that point last time around. Just wondering if you're able to see which PI you got it for? A lot of people on the facebook group can see on their dashboard which position sent it to them, but I'm not seeing it on my dashboard?
Old 10-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #36
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Congrats everyone for getting accepted! I hope you will share your experiences with all of us!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #37
smlopez13
Earning My Ears

First Post =]

Hello everyone. I'm new to the boards but not new to the professional internship application process. This is my third attempt at getting a management professional internship and so far it has gone well.

I had my second interview yesterday afternoon with two leads from WDW. It went well (at least I hope it did) but I wonder what the next step is going to be? Any advice???
smlopez13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:15 PM   #38
waltfreakingdisney
Earning My Ears

Filled out my background check authorization form and received a call that afternoon for a phone interview. 3 days later I had my phone interview (second one, technically, as I passed the screener one). I don't think I did badly, but not as well as I did for my last PI. My friends tell me I probably did fine and am just reading way too much into things.

I suppose the good news is, even if I didn't make this one Dashboard still shows me as In Progress for 3 other PIs. Assuming Dashboard is accurate, anyhow…
waltfreakingdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #39
Cais
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltfreakingdisney View Post
Filled out my background check authorization form and received a call that afternoon for a phone interview. 3 days later I had my phone interview (second one, technically, as I passed the screener one). I don't think I did badly, but not as well as I did for my last PI. My friends tell me I probably did fine and am just reading way too much into things. I suppose the good news is, even if I didn't make this one Dashboard still shows me as In Progress for 3 other PIs. Assuming Dashboard is accurate, anyhow…
That's an assumption I would never make heh.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 10-18-2013, 03:01 AM   #40
doitforlove
x0x0 Disney Squirrel

Was contacted to set up second interviews for TWO internships yesterday. Very excited and I hope they go well.

Spring 2014 Group Sales Professional Intern
Recent Trips:
Sept'11 @ CBR; Sept'12 @ POP; Sept'13 @ CSR
doitforlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #41
AliSW
\

I haven't gotten anything I'm in progress for youth events (and since I didn't get a second interview I assume I'm out) and then the alumni only and alumni events. I guess they might not be doing much for alumni only yet but I don't feel like I have a chance anymore!
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #42
AWM
Earning My Ears

Still in Progress?

Hi all,
So I am a non-traditional PI candidate working on my Masters. I applied for the Theme Park Ops. MI and two other PI's back on August 26. I had my phone screen on September 06 and have been placed "In Progress," on all three positions.
I am reading that a few of you have already had your second interviews for the MI and I am assuming that there are some not on these boards that might have been contacted as well.
We are approaching almost two months since I applied and a month and a half since my first interview. Should I be concerned? I was told that the final date for decisions was going to be Nov. 26. I am just concerned because there has been no activity or movement on my dashboard. I am still cautiously optimistic. Any thoughts?
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #43
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWM View Post
Hi all,
So I am a non-traditional PI candidate working on my Masters. I applied for the Theme Park Ops. MI and two other PI's back on August 26. I had my phone screen on September 06 and have been placed "In Progress," on all three positions.
I am reading that a few of you have already had your second interviews for the MI and I am assuming that there are some not on these boards that might have been contacted as well.
We are approaching almost two months since I applied and a month and a half since my first interview. Should I be concerned? I was told that the final date for decisions was going to be Nov. 26. I am just concerned because there has been no activity or movement on my dashboard. I am still cautiously optimistic. Any thoughts?
I am in the same position and unfortunately if you did not get a second interview you are pretty much no longer in consideration.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #44
AWM
Earning My Ears

If that is the case, why not NLIC all three positions on the Dashboard rather then make you wait and sweat it out? I was under the impression that if you were not being considered they would automatically NLIC you so you were not kept waiting.
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #45
Tilabe
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
I am in the same position and unfortunately if you did not get a second interview you are pretty much no longer in consideration.

I don't think this is true. I just received my offer as of yesterday afternoon. I had originally applied to the Fall 2013 PI in May of 2013. I received my first phone interview in mid June, after the Fall PI starting date. There was a bunch of miscommunication from that point onwards up until mid-July when I completely stopped getting any communication from them. I thought I was NLIC. However, low and behold, I got my offer yesterday.... 3 months after the last email I received from them.
Tilabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pi spring 2014, professional internship

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: