Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
alyssa'smom
Mouseketeer

discovery cove which day

hi i am visiting discovery cove in beginning of nov i have an autistic child so am always looking for quiet days crowd wise i have the choice of sat 9th nov or mon 11th will it make a difference or at that time of year theres nothing much in it, many thanks for any replies
alyssa'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

I would go with Monday, but DC only sells a set numbers of passes each day so even if you go with Saturday there will not be all to wall people there.

If you can I would also suggest a cabana and request one of the older ones, waterfall would be nice, that way you hae a quiet place to retreat too as well if you need to get away from the noise and crowd. The older ones I feel are more private, while the newer ones open out to the reef.

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
alyssa'smom
Mouseketeer

brilliant thanks for the quick reply i was toying with the idea of a cabana as an extra back up in case of meltdowns nice to know which location to ask for if available to make it extra quiet well till we get there anyway, thanks again
alyssa'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #4
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

Not a problem, we rent one every trip when possible. Make sure to have them note that on your reservation, especially the reason why so that you have a better chance of getting one.

Last year we had one of the newer ones and even through it was nice it was not as private and easier for the little one to get into the water since it walked out into the reef area.

Hope you have a great time! We will be there in May and can't wait

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
Dawn557
Earning My Ears

I will be there on Nov 11 and have reserved the cabana package. My son is autistic and we reserved this so he has a place to go in case he needs the private space and to avoid meltdowns. We are all looking forward to it!
Dawn557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #6
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn557 View Post
I will be there on Nov 11 and have reserved the cabana package. My son is autistic and we reserved this so he has a place to go in case he needs the private space and to avoid meltdowns. We are all looking forward to it!
We'll be there the same day

****** DL Feb/02, DL Feb/07, WDW Nov/13, DCL Nov/13 ******
Next trip WDW Jan 2016 Marathon weekend here I come!
dizzyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #7
brownhaired_girl
Mouseketeer

You haven't mentioned if you are going to Disney on this trip....
If so the Disney parks are the busiest on Saturday so that would be a good day to go to Discovery Cove since they set a limit as to how many people are in the park.
brownhaired_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #8
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

We went to Discovery Cove on our last trip October 2012 and I chose to go on a Saturday. I picked Saturday because DC limits how many ppl they let in. Max 1,000 ppl per day so a Monday or Tuesday will not be any more crowded than a Saturday or Sunday in most cases. But the parks however do get very crowded on Saturdays. SO I picked Saturday for DC.

We did not rent a cabana and would not rent one if we ever went back. We stayed busy all day doing the different activities and if we had rented one it would have been wasted money.

When we needed a break we went to the restaurant and sat down and had another meal. We ate 3 meals that day.

The only way I would rent a cabana is if it were VERY HOT outside and I had little kids that might need a break from the heat and sun. If they were too little to do the Dolphin swim a cabana might be a good place to keep them occupied.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: