Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
halfmonkey
Mouseketeer

Star Wars Weekend (updated 6/16/13)

So I know that it's not in DLR but in WDW but I was wondering if anybody knows if any of the merchandise will be available for purchase at DLR or online? I'm interested in the die cast car set that resembles the Star Wars characters.

Last edited by halfmonkey; 06-17-2013 at 01:06 AM.
halfmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
halfmonkey
Mouseketeer

bump.

Does anybody know or has anybody seen the Cars die cast characters as Star Wars characters for sale at DLR or is it only available at Star Wars Weekend in FL?

I can't figure out how to post a picture as it asks me to post a url link but an example of one of the items is Mater is Darth Vader and the tractors that he tips is a Storm Trooper and the porsche is Princess Leia.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
Gatordude
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfmonkey View Post
bump.

Does anybody know or has anybody seen the Cars die cast characters as Star Wars characters for sale at DLR or is it only available at Star Wars Weekend in FL?

I can't figure out how to post a picture as it asks me to post a url link but an example of one of the items is Mater is Darth Vader and the tractors that he tips is a Storm Trooper and the porsche is Princess Leia.
Will be in park Saturday and will let you know.

Hope that helps.
DD, 14
DS, 10

And, they all love DISNEY !!!

Quote:
It all started with a mouse....
Gatordude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
Epek
Mouseketeer

Bumping because I would love to know too! Ds is a Cars fanatic and is starting to get into Star Wars.
Epek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
rocknroll
Mouseketeer

Yes, the Cars SW(2013) cars will be sold in DLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epek View Post
Bumping because I would love to know too! Ds is a Cars fanatic and is starting to get into Star Wars.
And meant to quote the other posters, but not good enough on this board to figure out how to do it, so hope they get this information.

Here is a link for the merchandise available this year. I took the liberty of pasting the "blog" question and answer for the Cars SW die-cast cars.

Cheers!

Roehl

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...ywood-studios/

18Frank on March 27th, 2013 at 4:19 pm
Steven,
Very excited about the Cars Star Wars die-cast cars! Will these be available online or through guest services after SW Weekends? Thanks!

Steven Miller on March 27th, 2013 at 5:32 pm
@Frank – These items will be introduced during Star Wars Weekends. The plan is to carry them beyond the event at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts. They won’t be offered online. I don’t have item numbers for them yet but our Merchandise Guests Services team may be able to help you once released.
rocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #6
JalenJade
Mouseketeer

May the 4th Be with You!
Available on May 4, 2013, While Supplies Last

The force is strong with Limited Time Magic! In honor of Star Wars day, Disneyland Resort is selling special edition Star Wars-themed pins and tees. With messages like "May the Fourth Be with You" and "Revenge of the Fifth", you can wear all the hyperspace hilarity on your sleeve! So do, or do not… but if you do, do so while supplies last at Disney Pin Traders in Downtown Disney District or Little Green Men Store Command in Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park. Only a Sith would miss this magic event!
JalenJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:44 PM   #7
goooof1
Mouseketeer

YES.... I saw them at the World of Disney the day after Easter!!
very cool!!
goooof1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:06 PM   #8
disneydreamerbelle
We love Buzz LaLa

Anyone know if these are being sold individually or as a set? Also, how much are they? TIA
disneydreamerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #9
halfmonkey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goooof1 View Post
YES.... I saw them at the World of Disney the day after Easter!!
very cool!!
Are you responding to my question about the Cars die cast cars as Star Wars characters or the post above about the pins?
Old 04-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #10
goooof1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Are you responding to my question about the Cars die cast cars as Star Wars characters or the post above about the pins?

Yes, it was the Cars die cast cars as Star Wars characters that I saw at World of Disney right after Easter. I think they were in 2-packs.
goooof1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #11
Epek
Mouseketeer

Thanks rocknroll!
Epek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #12
halfmonkey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll View Post
And meant to quote the other posters, but not good enough on this board to figure out how to do it, so hope they get this information.

Here is a link for the merchandise available this year. I took the liberty of pasting the "blog" question and answer for the Cars SW die-cast cars.

Cheers!

Roehl

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...ywood-studios/

18Frank on March 27th, 2013 at 4:19 pm
Steven,
Very excited about the Cars Star Wars die-cast cars! Will these be available online or through guest services after SW Weekends? Thanks!

Steven Miller on March 27th, 2013 at 5:32 pm
@Frank – These items will be introduced during Star Wars Weekends. The plan is to carry them beyond the event at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts. They won’t be offered online. I don’t have item numbers for them yet but our Merchandise Guests Services team may be able to help you once released.
Thanks for this information. I'll be calling the merchandise number today to see what they tell me. I tried calling this weekend but they were closed and I tried calling the World of Disney store but it just went to a recording saying that they were busy helping people in the store.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #13
rocknroll
Mouseketeer

Enlarged picture of Cars SWW 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epek View Post
Thanks rocknroll!
You are welcome. We usually go down to DLR because it is easier for flights, so just a fluke that I will be in WDW for this merchandise.

Quote:
Thanks for this information. I'll be calling the merchandise number today to see what they tell me. I tried calling this weekend but they were closed and I tried calling the World of Disney store but it just went to a recording saying that they were busy helping people in the store.
Welcome! I have learned so much on DIS that I am trying to pay it forward. I hope they actually put these for sale online as well because I have friends and family here in Canada that want them. (And I don't want to bring back a dozen sets either. LOL.)

And to whet yours and Epek's appetite here is an enlarged picture of Cars SWW 2013:

http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.co...09376LARGE.jpg

(Hope that link works).

Cheers!

Roehl
rocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #14
lego606
Mouseketeer

If you're interested in them, email merchandiseguestservices@disney.go.com, they can help you
Old 04-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #15
halfmonkey
Mouseketeer

I just called the Disney merchandise telephone number and the person on the other end said that I wasn't able to purchase the products until they're officially released. (confused because someone on here said they've seen them at the World of Disney store in Anaheim.) She then said that once they're officially released, you have to wait until the event actually ends before the merchandise dept can actually sell them and that won't be until June 9th.

I just emailed the merchandise email address to ask them about it to see what they say.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: