Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #1
Promomx2
DIS Veteran

Questions about airtran/sw change

We do not have sw out of Richmond, we have airtran and jetblue. I have used both and not much difference. I don't mind paying to get a assigned seat. When is sw taking over airtran? If I make reservation now and pay to get a assigned seat for nov, if sw takes over before them will I still get my assigned seat? Will sw change the flight schedule?
Promomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Please go to Southwest's web site; the scheduled dates for the merge and how it will work are explained there.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
We do not have sw out of Richmond, we have airtran and jetblue. I have used both and not much difference. I don't mind paying to get a assigned seat. When is sw taking over airtran? If I make reservation now and pay to get a assigned seat for nov, if sw takes over before them will I still get my assigned seat? Will sw change the flight schedule?
Southwest has already "taken over" AirTran. They are moving flights as each schedule release comes out, it's a gradual process that will be taking place through 2014. If your November flight is AirTran, it will stay AirTran.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
Madzac
Mouseketeer

It will still be airtran unless they change your flight...

I booked our flights in Dec for our June trip at airtran. I paid for seats. Recently they switched our flights going down and the first leg is now a SW flight. So we no longer have seats on this flight. We do still have them on the second leg. They wont allow me to do the early bird since I booked on airtran so I am hoping for the best to get to sit together since we have young children. The perk they tell me though is because the one leg is a sw flight now we wont have to pay for bags going down.
Previous trips: WDW:CBR 3/93, ASMo 5/99, POFQ 5/06, WL 5/09, windsor hills 10/12. DL: Offsite 2/07, 3/10. DCL Dream 4 night bahamas 6/13 (trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3131854)... next up Magic 7 night Western 3/2015
Madzac is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: