DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
FairyCC
Earning My Ears

Please help, where to rent?

Dh & I are "renting" points from a friend for our trip this Sept... they told us we should come up with a 'wish list' of sorts of the different DVC properties before we get together with them and book our lodging... I have no idea about the different points, etc... I do know some are more than others and some are going to be out of the question (BLT probably)
We are pool people, will likely only spend 3 out of our 7 days in the parks. 1 water park day. DS will be 20 mons on our trip. We will have a car.
SO with that being said, what advice do you have for order or resorts to choose from?
I think BCV has to be our first choice, since we will be in the pool A LOT... plus it's closest to our fav park

After that I'm lost.... I don't really 'know' the DVC properties well at all and would appreciate help & advice! THANKS!!
2009- "Disneymoon" 2 weeks!
2010- August (1st Anniversary)
2011- May & September
2013- September! DS's 1st WDW trip!

FairyCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Your friend doesn't want to share their thoughts with you? Seems like they would be a good source for info.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
FairyCC
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the reply Bill they do not technically own a dvc,they stay at Bonnet Creek Resort , but told us the points could be used anywhere on Disney.... is that not true ? they really don't understand the time share themselves I don't think....
2011- May & September

Old 04-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #4
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCC View Post
Thanks for the reply Bill they do not technically own a dvc,they stay at Bonnet Creek Resort , but told us the points could be used anywhere on Disney.... is that not true ? they really don't understand the time share themselves I don't think....
It sounds as though they should provide you with a list of DVC Resorts they will have access to using their Bonnet Creek ownership.

Most resorts in the Orlando area are blocked from exchanging into WDW DVC Resorts and Bonnet Creek is usually included in that blackout. You may be best off to enjoy a stay at Bonnet Creek. It is as close as one can get to staying on Disney property without actually being in a Disney resort.

Good luck!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #5
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCC View Post
They need to check what is available at RCI and then they can give you ideas of what is even available, which might be nothing for September. Also, I think they would need to purchase a guest certficate. Otherwise, it could be cancelled by RCI and Disney with no refund to them or you.

They need to get familiar with trading out of their timeshare into another timeshare before they go offering you a trip to WDW.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #6
FairyCC
Earning My Ears

thank you for the replies & info.... maybe it is best to just stay at Bonnet Creek... it looks like its right near Epcot anyway. I know it's not technically Disney but it's really close based on the replies I'm guessing since they own there it would be easiest to just stay there
2011- May & September

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: