Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #76
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetTheInventor View Post
Taking up half the pool for a new zero-entry area is just insulting if the sole purpose is ADA compliance. They would have had an easier time just putting in a sloped ramp with a hand rail. MANY senior pools do this, and I view it as a good addition to having a lift. The zero-entry refurb. is just overkill in my mind and provokes even more backlash against those in wheelchairs. (Wheels in the family and on Disney trips so I get to have a strong opinion)

The expansive zero-entry area is for all the munchkins and obese people who struggle up the ladders...plain and simple.

I support the OP in that I feel there should be places available for lap swimming. Maybe even have a rule that one pool at each resort is for lap swimming only before a certain hour. I know of many adults and older teens that swim laps to relax and it is their vacation too. Disney caters to most other sports, so why not adult swimmers?
I am an adult swimmer and swim daily laps, swam competitively for years. having a pool that i could do that in while at Disney world be great. however looking at this one before the change i don't think it was a great lap pool to begin with. i doubt it would have occurred to me to use it as such. i would love to see a pool at a fitness center....is there one on property?

2015June6 days akv- club levelMarch- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL July: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #77
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetTheInventor View Post
Taking up half the pool for a new zero-entry area is just insulting if the sole purpose is ADA compliance. They would have had an easier time just putting in a sloped ramp with a hand rail. MANY senior pools do this, and I view it as a good addition to having a lift. The zero-entry refurb. is just overkill in my mind and provokes even more backlash against those in wheelchairs. (Wheels in the family and on Disney trips so I get to have a strong opinion)

The expansive zero-entry area is for all the munchkins and obese people who struggle up the ladders...plain and simple.

I support the OP in that I feel there should be places available for lap swimming. Maybe even have a rule that one pool at each resort is for lap swimming only before a certain hour. I know of many adults and older teens that swim laps to relax and it is their vacation too. Disney caters to most other sports, so why not adult swimmers?
What percentage of resorts have lap pools? People are going on vacation not to a swim meet.

No trips planned for now but fingers crossed for DCL in 2015.
darnheather is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #78
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

It's been years since we stayed there. I just remember thinking the courtyard pool seemed very uninviting. We didn't use it, even though it was closer to our room. We used the theme pool. I think the photos linked by the OP make it look really nice.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #79
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post
It's been years since we stayed there. I just remember thinking the courtyard pool seemed very uninviting. We didn't use it, even though it was closer to our room. We used the theme pool. I think the photos linked by the OP make it look really nice.
We were just the opposite. When we stayed at GF several years ago, we had a direct view of the courtyard pool from our room. I could sit on the balcony and watch my son and husband at the pool. We used it all the time because the themed pool was just too small and crowded. And it was nice then.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #80
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnheather View Post
What percentage of resorts have lap pools? People are going on vacation not to a swim meet.
Yea not many, Dolphin does though.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #81
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnheather View Post

Ok perhaps a lap pool is a bit much for the GF, but by taking a foot or two off he deep end really stinks. Can't have the same amount of fun when a pol goes to 4 feet or so.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: