Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 05:51 AM   #1
nutty4wdw
DIS Veteran

tipping debate

what is the normal tip one would leave if you only receive a towel and trash service one day(DVC resort). i know some members who leave nothing. i am not use to leaving nothing at all.

Last edited by nutty4wdw; 04-02-2013 at 06:15 AM.
nutty4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:07 AM   #2
angelabrezovsky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutty4wdw View Post
what is the normal tip one would leave if you only receive a towel and trash service one day. i know some members who leave nothing. i am not use to leaving nothing at all.
We always did $3-$5 a day per person

JUNE 2010- POFQ NOVEMBER 2013- ALL STAR MUSIC Septmber 2015- Caribbean Beach Resort

me (27) DD (8) DD (6)
angelabrezovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 06:35 AM   #3
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

We leave a couple of dollars also. But that also depends whether we have a studio, or 1 or 2 bedroom also. With a bigger unit we have more towels and more trash. So we leave $2-5 dollars on T&T day. Since we would normally tip someone if we called down to get a blender or extra pillows or hangers delivered to our room, we feel anyone bringing the clean towels to our room falls into the same category.

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
dp911
Mouseketeer

Nothing
dp911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Unless something was done that was out of the ordinary? Nothing. I stay DVC, usually in studios, a lot. I refuse to tip someone for coming into my room, replacing some towels and emptying the trash. Now, if I stay long enough for a full clean? Then sure, I may leave something. But certainly not a pp/per day thing. Why would I tip someone $3 a day for just myself?? That would be a tip of about $15 just for replacing some towels. That takes about 8 mins...I highly doubt the housekeeper is in my room for longer than 10 mins when doing just trash/towel service. If everyone did that, do you realize what that housekeeper would be making an hour?? In just one day, if a housekeeper services 5 rooms in an hour? Over $35 an hour. They already make, at least, $10 an hour and most make more than that!
Disney doesn't consider it's housekeepers to be a tipped position. Do I normally tip? Again, it depends on the service I get. I tend to make my bed before leaving for the day, I wipe down the vanity area, there may be trash to empty but that's about it. I hang up my towels, really don't need them replaced every day.
I now tend to hang out my 'privacy please' hanger.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #6
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

For trash and towel service, unless you have a giant mound of trash, they will be in and out of your villa in less than five minutes. They take out the dirty towels, empty the trash, replace shampoo, soap, coffee. And that is all. No real need to leave anything for a tip.

Don't expect towel animals, extra towels, extra shampoo because you left a tip. They need to get in and out to get on to the villas they do have to fully clean. They won't be straightening up your bed linens or sprucing up the kitchen.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #7
butterfly71076
DIS Veteran

We normally don't tip on trash and towel day. I will tip on full cleaning day, around $5-$10, depending on the room. If its really messy, closer to $10. But, one time we had a wonderful housekeeper who adored my DS and would leave him towel animals, even on our non service days. He was so tickled by those little towel animals, on our full cleaning day, I left her $20. It's totally up to you, however you see fit. But, I never base my tip percentage, or whether I leave one or not, on what I think they make an hour.
First trip Aug 1992 POR April 1995 ASSp June 1997 ASMu DH First Trip Oct 2004 CBR DS First Trip May 2009 ASMu May/June 2010 ASMo Nov 2011 SSR Dec 2012 SSR March 2013 ASMo July 2013 CSR Sept 2013 CSR March 2014 CBR Hoping! CSR Oct 2014 June 2015 CSR

Last edited by butterfly71076; 04-02-2013 at 10:50 AM.
butterfly71076 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: