DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #16
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best

We just got back from a studio at OKW. I didn't notice any particular noise, although I have to sleep with ear plugs in due to my husband's snoring

Me Dh Dd 6 Ds5 (he made me pick this avatar!)

My Disneyland Trip Report
zeferjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #17
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

We stayed at OKW twice...once with carpet and once post-carpet...and the post-carpet was noisy. We were 1st floor and an end unit 2BR...could hear every little sound above us...also was building 14 and could hear the buses a lot.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #18
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

We stay in studios and always find them loud - can always tell when there are small kids next door. We thought SSR would be different because I read somewhere that they were sound prooffed but that didn't prove to be true. However, we stay in hotels everywhere else and the hotels are just as noisy so we figure it's part of vacationing.

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #19
ParkHoppers
Earning My Ears

If most of the noise is coming from the connecting door it would be cool if Disney could come up with some sort of sound proofing mat that could easily be attached to the four corners of the door you wanted to sound proof. Just thinking out loud.Might not work anyway.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #20
iluveeyore
DVC Member - Disney is my second home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkHoppers View Post
If most of the noise is coming from the connecting door it would be cool if Disney could come up with some sort of sound proofing mat that could easily be attached to the four corners of the door you wanted to sound proof. Just thinking out loud.Might not work anyway.
I agree with this - at any resort we've stayed at with the connecting doors, sound comes through - we stayed for a week at AKV in a studio, and the connecting door opens into the 1 bdrm kitchen beside us - every morning early (and we had no park passes, so tried to sleep in), we could hear the sounds of the family next to us clanging around in the kitchen getting breakfast, heard every word, the little girls singing and running - it was awful, but we did not want to move after getting settled - they arrived two days after us, and were still there when we left - not fun or relaxing. You would think with a double door you would hear nothing, but there is not a proper seal around the doors, so you might as well have it open - same thing with the doors into the units - hear everything going by outside all the time, and people do not realize (or they don't care) that when you are yelling at your kids who are 30 feet ahead of you, voices carry!
When we stay at OKW now, since we are still fairly mobile, we ask for top floor villas, because you do hear every scrape of the chairs and footsteps with the wood floors. We don't have small children anymore, but I am still mindful of how much noise we are making too, although I can't remember having to yell at my husband to stop running around our villa in his shoes

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: