Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
seyoung1992
Earning My Ears

Professional Intern looking for advice on housing/roommates!

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the board, but here goes. I just accepted a PI as a Conservation Education Presenter and will be starting work at WDW in June! I've done a lot of research on off-site housing, and have decided that I probably want to live in Ashton Chase apartments. But does anyone have any other places that are nice and not too expensive? I just want to make sure I have all the information I need.

I'm also looking for 2 roommates who are also doing professional internships. I am a pretty clean person, but not a neat-freak. I love hanging out with my friends and have a very laid back personality. If anyone else on here is looking for a roommate or has any suggestions on how to more effectively find a couple, please let me know. I'm very new to this whole "real life" renting an apartment with roommates thing. Thanks in advance!
seyoung1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
jewjubean
You can call me Bean
My vote "the TG" is a Mutant ninja fairy ranger. Fighting for crazy people everywhere!!:D

I know that a ton of my friends live in Bella Apartments and Cagan Crossing... They are also super close to dak. The only reason I'm at Alexandria parc vu is because it is a mile from work.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #3
eadavis
Mickey is my Homeboy

I used to live in Camden World Gateway, its not even 5 minutes from property. A 2/2 cost about $1100/month.
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
Devux
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by seyoung1992 View Post
Hey everyone!

I'm new to the board, but here goes. I just accepted a PI as a Conservation Education Presenter and will be starting work at WDW in June! I've done a lot of research on off-site housing, and have decided that I probably want to live in Ashton Chase apartments. But does anyone have any other places that are nice and not too expensive? I just want to make sure I have all the information I need.

I'm also looking for 2 roommates who are also doing professional internships. I am a pretty clean person, but not a neat-freak. I love hanging out with my friends and have a very laid back personality. If anyone else on here is looking for a roommate or has any suggestions on how to more effectively find a couple, please let me know. I'm very new to this whole "real life" renting an apartment with roommates thing. Thanks in advance!
Hey! Congrats on the acceptance.
I've been accepted for a Management internship for Lodging!
I'm looking for some roommates as well. I have tons of information I've already researched. I won't put it all here because it is quite a bit lol

If you're interested shoot me a message and we can talk
https://www.facebook.com/nicole.suarez
Devux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:39 AM   #5
karliebug
DIS Veteran

I have heard that the commute from Ashton Chase can be much longer than you would think. So keep that in mind. Traffic can be a bear in Orlando as there are so many tourists that don't know where they are going coupled with locals who speed and zip in and out of traffic.
karliebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #6
seyoung1992
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devux View Post
I'm looking for some roommates as well. I have tons of information I've already researched. I won't put it all here because it is quite a bit lol

Nicole, I just saw this! This is really funny that you posted on here and we found each other separately on facebook!
seyoung1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #7
stau0237
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devux View Post

Hey Nicole! I just added you on Facebook - Jenna Stauffer
stau0237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #8
Wishes Count
I Make the Magic! CP 2010

Hi everyone! If anyone else is looking for roommates please let me know, I just accepted an offer for Guest Relations! I am looking to stay in the $400 per person price range (not including utilities) I'd like somewhere safe, close by that offers amenities like a pool and gym. Onsite laundry is important whether it be in the unit or a laundry room is fine

I'm 23 and I will be graduating from Penn State University (I am willing to room with Ohio State and Michigan fans ) I do not smoke, but I don't mind if roommates smoke outside I drink socially, I like to go out occasionally, but I'm over the party scene and would much rather hangout at home and watch movies and order takeout than get trashed at a bar. That being said I am still a lot of fun! I love all things Disney and like to go to the parks during days off. I am also interested in doing non-disney things in FL too!

I keep common areas extremely neat, and would expect roommates to do the same. I don't leave dirty dishes or garbage laying around common areas. I have no pets, I don't mind if you do as long as they are well trained.

I've done some research on some places nearby, so if you are interested or would like to chat please message me or add me on Facebook! If you don't have a place in mind we can look together!! I'd like to make this a permanent move to FL!

My facebook is http://www.facebook.com/kate.leigh.75 Please send me a message if you add me so I know you aren't some random person1

Tags
apartment, housing, orlando, professional internship, walt disney world

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: