Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
disneycrazy01
Mouseketeer

Non-driving family - getting around without a car.

I'm planning my July 2 week vacation. Most likely it will be Bonnet Creek. No one in my family drives and since we live in New York we really don't have to.

I'm really leaning towards staying at Bonnet Creek, but there are 2 other places that are possible. Either Sheraton Vistana Resort - Cascade section or Star Island. The price for Star Island in a 2-bedroom is cheaper than a 1-bedroom at Bonnet Creek.

In the 2 weeks we are planning on going to 3 parks - 1 day in each park. We plan on going to Disney Magic Kingdom, Universal and SeaWorld.

I know Bonnet Creek would be convenient going to Disney even with the $5.00 roundtrip shuttle fee. Which timeshare resort would be good to go to SeaWorld or Universal?

I've never stayed at Sheraton Vistana Resort, but with 7 pools, I know the kids will be entertained.

I've spent a week at Star Island at it was nice, but it only has 2 pools. The kids had a good time, but I don't know how entertained they would be staying there for 2 weeks. I thought about spending 1 week at Bonnet Creek and 1 week at Star Island, but I think switching hotels will end up costing more, especially since we will have to move food from one timeshare to the other.

If I had to base my decision on the cost of cabs to get around which resort would be more economical? Approximately how much would a cab cost from Star Island or Sheraton to Disney?

How much would a cab from Bonnet Creek cost going to Universal or SeaWorld? Approximately how much would a cab be to SeaWorld and Universal from Star Island or Sheraton?

Thank you for your advice.
disneycrazy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

bonnet creek is your best bid.

for getting to US or SW. okay you can get to SW on Lynx
http://www.golynx.com/plan-trip/rout..._entry_id=1239

universal is harder to get too - that says know that Mears has shuttles they will send to your hotel.

before you do this - would call bonnet creek and ask there was a time when they did go US/IOA - but pretty sure the demand was just not there.

secondly it would much cheaper to spend the entire time at WDW. So check how much one day tickets will cost you.

but if you really want us/ioa

http://www.mearstransportorlando.com/#services

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
suffieldhockeymom
DIS Veteran

Bonnet Creek has a shuttle to the other parks for a little larger fee than WDW. They also have a shopping shuttle as well. We stayed at Star Island about 8 years ago and it is quite a drive to either park and I don't think they had shuttles. We rented a car.

8 Magical Nights on the Magic 7/28/12- 8/5/12

WDW 2013 10 Wonderful days 7/22-31
suffieldhockeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
ChristmasElf
Will be packing TP in her purse if Sheryl Crow gets her way!

Don't stay at Star Island as the location is just not convenient to Sea World or Universal.

The Sheraton Vistana is very nice. Several pools, lots of different activities for the kids and you ar closer to Sea World as well as Universal.

If anyone in the family has a license, you might want to consider renting a car as things will be a LOT easier!
ChristmasElf is offline   Reply With Quote