Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #1366
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I just saw a pretty good review on the Coming to you live on the dining review thread.

I think it was yesterday so a page or 2 back.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #1367
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

I just cancelled my 10/6 7:30 ADR and booked Flying Fish. I KNOW I'll enjoy my meal there! We will perhaps try CG next trip and give them more time to get their act together.
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2013, 12:08 AM   #1368
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystery222184
Geez some of the reviews have been disappointing.

Being from northern NJ and eating good sushi all the time I wasn't going to get the Kazan roll (seemed very expensive for what it is) but that looks like the only item that people STILL like. For those that are used to high quality sushi-- is the Kazan roll worth ordering?
I am from NY and have had good sushi in and around the city and the Spicy Kazan roll is one of the best I have ever had. Also while it isn't cheap it is pretty darn big and never felt cheated

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:11 AM   #1369
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
I am from NY and have had good sushi in and around the city and the Spicy Kazan roll is one of the best I have ever had. Also while it isn't cheap it is pretty darn big and never felt cheated
If you aren't a huge eater do you think you could make a meal out of it?
Old 09-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #1370
mystery222184
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you that's good to know!

Summer 1998: {Grand Floridian} ~ Summer 2001: {Polynesian CL} ~ Spring 2010: {Grand Floridian} ~ Summer 2010: {Grand Floridian} ~ Christmas 2012: {Polynesian CL} ~ Summer 2013: {Grand Floridian SL} ~ Christmas 2013: {Wilderness Lodge CL} ~ Summer 2014: {Polynesian CL} ~ Fall 2014: {Yacht Club CL/Grand Floridian RPC}
mystery222184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #1371
ammag
DIS Veteran

I was thinking the same about sushi....we are thinking of sharing the Kazan roll, maybe also the California or the tuna. Along with maybe two appetizers looks like enough food? The cost is literally insane though.
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #1372
ammag
DIS Veteran

Will they box up the kids sushi if we want to take it back to the kids? D you think it will be okay/ not stale or fall apart if we give it the next day?
ammag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #1373
PenelopesMommy
Earning My Ears

I have a California Grill for 9/30 at 5:00 p.m. for 3 people that will be canceling, please let me know if anyone wants to coordinate.
PenelopesMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #1374
cw21726
Chillest Fool on Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post
I think this may be a bit too far...there are plenty of kids who have no issues with sweet potatoes and carrots. If they don't like that, the flatbreads, salads and soups are always an option as well.
As fired up as people got about this place it's interesting to see how many don't like it. My solution is simple - don't read the reviews. People are more likely to post about bad experiences than good. My reservation for next weekend isn't being canceled because someone in Winnipeg or Phoenix said the food was bad.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #1375
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame

If you aren't a huge eater do you think you could make a meal out of it?
I think if you had that and bread and dessert that might be enough. Definitely if you did like that and an app or flatbread or even shared a flatbread with someone

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
Old 09-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #1376
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammag View Post
I was thinking the same about sushi....we are thinking of sharing the Kazan roll, maybe also the California or the tuna. Along with maybe two appetizers looks like enough food? The cost is literally insane though.
Yeah, at $26 its priced like an entree for sure! one of the large specialty rolls here is usually $10-12 and is usually enough for for me - especially if I get a nigiri with it or miso & salad. When we go out my husband and I are usually stuffed if we get two entrees to split; an appetizer and an entree is usually enough as well. Heck, when we get take out curry ONE is enough WITH LEFTOVERS. lol!
Old 09-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #1377
snausman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw21726 View Post
As fired up as people got about this place it's interesting to see how many don't like it. My solution is simple - don't read the reviews. People are more likely to post about bad experiences than good. My reservation for next weekend isn't being canceled because someone in Winnipeg or Phoenix said the food was bad.
I really hope you have a wonderful meal.

Laura
***Oct. 23 - 29, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Dec. 10 - 15, 2014 BoardWalk Inn Club Level***Jan. 15 - 19th 2015 Disneyland Hotel Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend***Feb. 18 - 24th 2015 Contemporary Resort Princess Half Marathon Weekend***

All the Wonderful Places we have stayed
***Grand Floridian***Polynesian***Contemporary***BoardWalk Inn***Yacht Club***Beach Club***Wilderness Lodge***Disney Inn (now Shades of Green)***Port Orleans French Qtr.***Port Orleans Riverside***Dolphin***Swan***Pop Century***
snausman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #1378
cattrix
Look deeply into my eyes...you're getting sleepy....now tell me where the Fancy Feast is.....

I just got back from our trip last Monday, I am STUNNED at some of the bad reviews that CG is getting. Out of the 4 of us we agreed that it was the best place we ate while at DW....we took at cruise to the Bahamas so it didn't beat Palo in the grand scheme of things. We ate there the 2nd night it was open and everything was better than it has been in the past.

We have eaten at CG every year when we go to DW and we were very happy with the menu, the changes, and how our food was prepared. I have gotten the filet before and was not very happy with it but this time it was perfect. The SK roll was top notch as always.

Please don't cancel your dining reservations based on a few reviews. We will book it again next year.

"All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater things." Bobby Knight
cattrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #1379
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattrix
I just got back from our trip last Monday, I am STUNNED at some of the bad reviews that CG is getting. Out of the 4 of us we agreed that it was the best place we ate while at DW....we took at cruise to the Bahamas so it didn't beat Palo in the grand scheme of things. We ate there the 2nd night it was open and everything was better than it has been in the past.

We have eaten at CG every year when we go to DW and we were very happy with the menu, the changes, and how our food was prepared. I have gotten the filet before and was not very happy with it but this time it was perfect. The SK roll was top notch as always.

Please don't cancel your dining reservations based on a few reviews. We will book it again next year.
Thanks for your comments and glad you had a good meal. What were your thoughts on portion size?

Old 09-21-2013, 03:57 PM   #1380
cattrix
Look deeply into my eyes...you're getting sleepy....now tell me where the Fancy Feast is.....

Quote:

Thanks for your comments and glad you had a good meal. What were your thoughts on portion size?
We were on the DDP so we were stuffed at the end of the meal, but to me portion size was exactly the same as it used to be. We didn't see any difference in that aspect of the meal.

"All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater things." Bobby Knight
cattrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: