Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 04:36 AM   #1321
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brios86 View Post
We just ate there tonight and it was amazing. I was a little hesitant due to the menu. I didn't think there was anything I would like. Everything we ordered was incredible. I'll have to list it out later. Eating there will have to change how we dine at WDW.
Looking forward to reading in more detail what you ordered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesA1 View Post
I wish it was possible for me to say the same things as the PP. Yes the appetizer was good but that is all I can tell you about. It was the execution that was an issue for me. My entree could not be prepared to the chef's satisfaction. Credit there. The 45 minutes before the issues was brought to my attention. No credit there. The alternate was not even a close second.

When the manager came to speak to me he offered me a dessert. Wait I have not even had an entree. No thank you my check please. They did take care of my appetizer.

My hope is that they work out their issues and execution improves.

One other thing and now it makes sense. The table next to me said as they were leaving. "Good luck getting you meal."
This is interesting to me because though this is not a scientific sampling at all, out of two opening night reviews in a row here, they match with our past experiences over the years at CA Grill. In general, our experiences have been great half of the time and not-so-great the other half (mostly in regards to waitstaff). I am hopeful the timing issues will evolve, though it's possible that they may have set themselves up for "timing" failure with certain dishes. Taking into consideration your timing issues, how would you rate the service and food quality? Will you be posting a review?
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:42 AM   #1322
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

for those interested, full review posted at Disney Food Blog:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...porary-resort/

pretty positive spin (not surprisingly) so getting some "real world" takes as well is good

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2013, 08:00 AM   #1323
MarianoC
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know how does the new menu work with the Dining Plan ?
Do you have to chose one from the Entrees menu and a desert plus the beverage ? Does it include sushi ?

Thanks
MarianoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #1324
marshwiggle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
for those interested, full review posted at Disney Food Blog:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...porary-resort/

pretty positive spin (not surprisingly) so getting some "real world" takes as well is good
Calling it a review (DFB's term) is a bit of a stretch. It's content from the preview/junket carried over to a second post.
marshwiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #1325
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshwiggle View Post
Calling it a review (DFB's term) is a bit of a stretch. It's content from the preview/junket carried over to a second post.
yeah, it's just a larger story covering that - It's definitely more of a review of the restaurant / the changes, vs. a review of a meal there

She did say she wasn't too impressed with the dessert sampler (well, 2 of the 3 components) so that was one negative

Other interesting thing I saw was her say that the former wine room is now decored like the rest of the restaurant but is available fore people who would like a quieter meal there

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
Old 09-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #1326
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Has anyone seen a children's menu yet?

LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #1327
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
Has anyone seen a children's menu yet?
wdwinfo has it (updated 9/13): http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...nt.id=105#menu

Appetizers/Starter:
  • Baby Iceberg Wedge Salad - with curled Carrots, Baby Tomatoes, and Fat-free Ranch Dressing - $5.00
  • Grilled Seasonal Vegetable Lettuce Wraps - with Hummus Dip - $5.00

Entree/Main Course:
  • Mickey Check Meals: Grilled Beef Tenderloin - Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Baby Carrots, crushed Sweet Potatoes and Ketchup Sauce, and Seasonal Fruit Kabobs with Freshly Made Yogurt Dip. Choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DasaniŽ Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitution - $18.00
  • Mickey Check Meals: Grilled Chicken Breast - Citrus-glazed Grilled Chicken Breast with Baby Steamed Carrots, crushed Sweet Potatoes, and Sesaonal Fruit Kabobs with Freshly Made Yogurt Dip. Choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DasaniŽ Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guildelines for Complete Meals without substitution - $15.00
  • Mickey Check Meals: Pasta - Whole-Grain Macaroni Pasta with Oven-fired Tomato Sauce served with Seasonal Fruit Kabobs with Freshly Made Yogurt Dip. Choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small DasaniŽ Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guildelines for Complete Meals without substitution - $14.00
  • Provolone and Fresh Tomato Pizza - served with choice of Small Lowfat Milk, Small DasaniŽ Water, or Small Minute MaidŽ Apple Juice - $9.00

Dessert:
  • California Grill Signature Puffed Rice Sushi - . - $6.00
  • Cookies and Cream - Fresh-baked Petite Chocolate Chip Cookies with Vanilla and Chocolate Pop Rocks Ice Cream - $6.00
  • Seasonal Fruit Kabobs - with Freshly Made Yogurt Dip - $5.00

Old 09-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #1328
Beth
Just happy to be here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post

Other interesting thing I saw was her say that the former wine room is now decored like the rest of the restaurant but is available fore people who would like a quieter meal there
So, the wine room survived? That is such good news - we LOVE it in there!!!
Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #1329
budafam
DIS Veteran

I can't believe no one has posted a review of it yet. I was so hoping for a live post last night I want to see if the Kazan Roll is the same or changed at all... also what the Duck In All Its Glory really looks like plated... I've only seen pictures of the giant board full of meats and I doubt you get all that for an appetizer!
DxDP 12/3/13-12/10/13
Upcoming Trips: 9/21-9/29 POR & 10/25-10/31 BWV 10/31-11/3 DREAM

budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #1330
want2bminnie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by budafam View Post
I can't believe no one has posted a review of it yet. I was so hoping for a live post last night I want to see if the Kazan Roll is the same or changed at all... also what the Duck In All Its Glory really looks like plated... I've only seen pictures of the giant board full of meats and I doubt you get all that for an appetizer!
I agree!
I am also waiting to see some photos of the actual plated items so I can see portion sizes, etc.....this way I can decide in advance what I am going to order!

Please someone show us some pics!!

Old 09-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #1331
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

There's one on the "Coming to you live" thread on the Dining Reviews board.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #1332
bedogged
Choose parents that aged well

Quote:
Originally Posted by budafam View Post
I am interested in knowing if the Kazan Roll is still an appetizer on the Deluxe Dinning Plan?
bedogged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #1333
MarianoC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianoC View Post
Does anyone know how does the new menu work with the Dining Plan ?
Do you have to chose one from the Entrees menu and a desert plus the beverage ? Does it include sushi ?

Thanks
Anyone ?
Anybody knows how did it work with the old menu ?
Thx
MarianoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #1334
budafam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedogged View Post
I am interested in knowing if the Kazan Roll is still an appetizer on the Deluxe Dinning Plan?
Yes, I'm interested in that too! I've seen two different versions of the menu and one had it listed as an entree (which I really hope is not true)...
DxDP 12/3/13-12/10/13
Upcoming Trips: 9/21-9/29 POR & 10/25-10/31 BWV 10/31-11/3 DREAM

budafam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #1335
mmkenn
Earning My Ears

There are two reservations for CG on 10/28 for 4 people that I have to cancel. Please the see the October cancellation board and PM me if interested.
mmkenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: