Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #1231
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauntleroy53 View Post
By 6:05,there were only 3 times available for 2/4..7:15,7:30 & 7:45. So I snagged the 7:30.
I've read here, that in the past, they would let you leave your table to watch wishes,then you could return to finish your meal.
Has anyone heard if they will continue to allow that?
I'm figuring,with a 7:30 dinner start, Wishes will be starting sometime soon after,that time of year,while we're still eating..
I am sure its same as always!
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #1232
Stephensmom
First Timer!

I just got reservations for Nov 3 at 9 PM! I'm so excited. We get there that day and I had always planned to go there for dinner so we could watch Wishes and have a really nice dinner. I'm so excited it's actually happening!! It's a bit later than I was hoping for but WHO CARES!

Thanks for this thread!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #1233
ArmyVet80
Mouseketeer

Got reservations today at 7:00 am for 11 November 2013 at 5 pm. Same day as our MVMCP and Veterans Day. We are excited since we didn't think we would get to eat at California Grill this trip.

POFQ: June 2009
All-Star Music: Dec. 2010 thru Jan. 2011
CSR: Sept. 2012
POFQ: Nov. 2013
POFQ: Sept/Oct 2014
ArmyVet80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #1234
BonnieF
Earning My Ears

Smile

Hi - new poster here. I just booked CG for 1/13 - 6:55, Wishes is at 8:00 - so happy!! I love seeing the fireworks on the roof with a glass of wine and my hubby!
BonnieF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #1235
Alexsandra
Proud mom of two redheads

I got an ADR for 5:15 on the 15 of September, can't wait! They had nothing later but was told I could leave the restaurant when done and come back there later in the evening to view fireworks. Cool
Alexsandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #1236
brndnhtchns
Earning My Ears

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieF View Post
Hi - new poster here. I just booked CG for 1/13 - 6:55, Wishes is at 8:00 - so happy!! I love seeing the fireworks on the roof with a glass of wine and my hubby!
Bonnie, I got the same time :P. I've been reading if you get 3 courses the meal could take 2 hours. They had 7:15 for the longest time and I booked it this morning first thing. I saw 655 and grabbed it because that should give us time to eat at least get started. Some people on here have said the CM's at CG will hold your table while you watch wishes.
brndnhtchns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #1237
wishesUT
Mouseketeer

Thanks to everyone who kept checking and updating this thread for the past several months. Thanks to the heads up I was able to get reservations for our group of 18 in November. I'm usually more of a lurker than a poster, but I did want to say thanks.

Many childhood visits to Disneyland. Port Orleans 1993 & 1995, Dixie Landings 1997, Yacht and Beach Club in 2002, Off Property 2004, Disneyland 2006, Christmas at Disneyland 2007, Polynesian in 2007, Caribbean Beach in 2008, Pop Century 2009, POFQ 2011, POFQ November 2013
wishesUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #1238
JenniD44
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbagnall View Post
I didn't get room only discount, but I got CG on Thanksgiving 7:45pm!
Me too at 9:05. A little on the late side, but I think we'll be able to see Wishes.

I made my ressie at 7:30 this morning and just checked the thread now. Wow.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #1239
jheltz27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMars View Post

They had nothing for that date at 6:00AM, which is why I think that the place is booked for a private event or they didn't open up that date for some other reason
Great. That's pretty much the only night we can swing it that week as it is also EMH at MK and we planned on dropping kids off at Simba's Cubhouse to have some Mommy & Daddy time.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

jheltz27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #1240
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

I have a question about my ADR time. I originally booked CG for our last night (10/8) at 7:20pm but since we are going to be at Epcot that day for F&W festival, I decided that I wanted to switch out the ADR to our off day (10/5) so we could actually enjoy our meals rather then going there pretty much full from all the wonderful F&W goodies. Now my question is, I originally wanted to get a 5pm ADR but noticed when I went to the drop down bar, it said the earliest time I could reserve was 5:30pm, however when I plugged that in, a 5:20pm ADR showed up (which I snagged). Just curious if the first seating is actually at 5:30 or are they allowing for earlier ADRs then what the actual online dining is showing? Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with our ADR time, I was just curious about it.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #1241
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Another time question. :O

I started a thread, then it occurred to me the CG obsessed may know.

I booked an 8:50 ADR, because we like to dine late. Hallowishes is scheduled for 9:30 pm. After giving it some thought, I'm now concerned that people will hold onto the tables until Hallowishes is over. I don't want to be waiting an hour on a table. Anyway, should we expect to wait a very long time on a table with an 8:50 ADR? If so, I'll keep trying for a better time. What's the best time for an ADR, when the fireworks are at 9:30 pm? FWIW, I'm more concerned with being seated in a timely manner than seeing the fireworks.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #1242
laura428
DIS Veteran

Anyone else not seeing their ADR showing up in MDE? Haven't gotten an email confirmation, either, and I'm starting to get a little nervous. Added layer of compilation is that I flew out on business shortly after the call and left the reservation written in a piece of paper in my car. The car that's parked at a big Chicago airport, which is very far from the NY hotel I find myself in at the moment.

Cause for alarm? Or simply a delay in processing? Kicking myself now for putting that paper in my bag before jumping on the airport shuttle. It'll be late Wednesday night before I can try to link the reservation on my own. :/
2014 Princess Half Marathon
laura428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #1243
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndnhtchns View Post
Bonnie, I got the same time :P. I've been reading if you get 3 courses the meal could take 2 hours. They had 7:15 for the longest time and I booked it this morning first thing. I saw 655 and grabbed it because that should give us time to eat at least get started. Some people on here have said the CM's at CG will hold your table while you watch wishes.
Just an FYI that not only will they hold your table but can hold your next course as well.

Just tell them when you are seated that you want to go out to watch Wishes and they will time the firing of the courses so that they don't bring your food out right as you were going to head out and then the food is cold when you get back

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #1244
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura428 View Post
Anyone else not seeing their ADR showing up in MDE? Haven't gotten an email confirmation, either, and I'm starting to get a little nervous. Added layer of compilation is that I flew out on business shortly after the call and left the reservation written in a piece of paper in my car. The car that's parked at a big Chicago airport, which is very far from the NY hotel I find myself in at the moment.

Cause for alarm? Or simply a delay in processing? Kicking myself now for putting that paper in my bag before jumping on the airport shuttle. It'll be late Wednesday night before I can try to link the reservation on my own. :/
not to make you more nervous but my reservation showed up in MDE basically instantaneously and I got an e-mail confirmation pretty quick. Might want to call when you get a chance to confirm

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #1245
bobbins
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura428 View Post

I would make another resi if you can. If you do it online while logged in to MDE it'll tell you if you've already got one. If you end up with two then just cancel one.
bobbins is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: