Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #1216
Buzzsgramma
DIS Veteran

Got up at 4:45am (CST) and was able to get GC for Dec 13th...7:15pm for celebration dinner for our 49th Anniversary!
Buzzsgramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #1217
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisgirl View Post
While I realize I am committing CG blaspheme, after looking over the menu, I decided not to make an ADR.

Lacquered belly? Blistered tomato? At least nothing had foam on it. Wait! I spoke too soon, the beef had Parmesan foam!

Actually, the menu reminds me of an AJC article years ago when Julia Childs visited Atlanta. She was the guest of honor at the Ritz and dined, surrounded by Atlanta's best chefs.

She casually inquired who made a creme brulee and what was their recipe. One after one, the chefs described in excited detail how their goat milk/burnt sugar/lavender/foam creme fresh etc etc creme brulee was the talk of the town. She listened, as she sipped her soup, and quipped in her delightful accent, "Well then....it really wouldn't be creme brulee anymore, would it?"

I live in Atlanta and eat at nice restaurants. No chains. But...this one was a little over the top for me. I look forward to hearing all of your reviews after your dinner. Congrats on getting reservations!
Not blasphemous and I share your observation. Having dined almost every trip at CA Grill, I anxiously booked Christmas more out of ritual and curiosity than culinary fascination. I've noticed a disturbing Disney trend toward less and less culinary excitement each visit. I unfortunately suspect CA Grill may fall into this same Disney Dining trend, but I'll be sure to post a review to my CR/BLT thread after Christmas.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #1218
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Photos..

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/calif...e-new-menu.htm

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #1219
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana~n~Joseph View Post
Can't get anything on December 2nd. It's like the restaurant is closed or something on that day All other dates are available but that's the one I need (of course!). Oh well!
Could be a special event. They actually cancelled an ADR i had a few years back for a "special person" wanted the whole place.

I am fine with hosting a the restaurant, but don't allow ADR and then cancel them! I am still a bit miffed about that when I think on it! No apology , no offer to book another hard to get ADR....just " sorry, we have the Crystal palace if you want that!

True tale!
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #1220
BeastsFlower
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
Looks great! I love how you can see the castle in the background!
Old 08-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #1221
jk and ek
Mouseketeer

i'd just like to extend a great big THANK YOU to those who created and tirelessly updated this thread. because of your help, i knew when to log on and make a reservation and was able to get our exact preferred day and time.

fwiw, i live in nyc and worked for 4 years as an editorial food photographer visiting the newest and the most famous restaurants around and i'm still not so jaded that the new CG doesn't excite me.

01/09 @ POP
12/11 @ OKW & AKL Kidani
02/14 @ BLT & AKL Jambo (+1 night AOA for a pool day!)

now planning for first disney cruise in feb. of 2015
+ 5 more days in WDW @ BWV
jk and ek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #1222
tiggerlvr27
Mouseketeer

Made my ADR for November 11!
'06 - POP (NoJ)
9/08 - WL -25th Anniversary
11/13 - POR/AK - 30th Anniversary:

tiggerlvr27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #1223
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
Glad you got your ADRs KOOK!
You, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfan4life777 View Post
It's 3 am and I'm excited about my dinner reservation in December. Are we crazy?
Yes, we are crazy, this has been confirmed by my DH who reminded me that we can't use TiW on Christmas or Christmas Eve. However, in our defense, my DD-14 completely 'gets it' and is excited and as triumphant as Mom. It was the first thing I told her this morning. I got a "Way to go Mom!" I'm two feet taller this morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby's Dad View Post
Well. we could always plan the ultimate DISmeet - an "Official California Grill Open ADR Watch Thread" reunion meet ...........

I will miss checking in with y'all a couple of times a day, as has been the case for months now.
Love this and is there a special wink or signal we can use when we walk into the dining room? Maybe a modified Van Buren Boys signal from Seinfeld

WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #1224
luvindisneyworld
Fireworks then a sundae - good stuff
Glad to hear you wll be spending more time here

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Got my 2 reservations for there. Sept 9th at 9:10 PM and then Sept 12th at 8:55 PM. So excited I cant wait.
luvindisneyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #1225
fauntleroy53
If It Weren't For My Mood Swings I Wouldn't Get Any Exercise At All

By 6:05,there were only 3 times available for 2/4..7:15,7:30 & 7:45. So I snagged the 7:30.
I've read here, that in the past, they would let you leave your table to watch wishes,then you could return to finish your meal.
Has anyone heard if they will continue to allow that?
I'm figuring,with a 7:30 dinner start, Wishes will be starting sometime soon after,that time of year,while we're still eating..
fauntleroy53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #1226
luvindisneyworld
Fireworks then a sundae - good stuff
Glad to hear you wll be spending more time here

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

From what I was told this morning that is correct. They will hold your course while you go out and watch the fireworks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauntleroy53 View Post
By 6:05,there were only 3 times available for 2/4..7:15,7:30 & 7:45. So I snagged the 7:30.
I've read here, that in the past, they would let you leave your table to watch wishes,then you could return to finish your meal.
Has anyone heard if they will continue to allow that?
I'm figuring,with a 7:30 dinner start, Wishes will be starting sometime soon after,that time of year,while we're still eating..
luvindisneyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #1227
Abby's Dad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by budafam View Post
I can't wait to start seeing pictures of the food! The Spicy Kazan Roll is by far my favorite thing to eat in all of Disney. I was only able to eat about 1/3 of it and took the rest back to our resort... the spice is different.. it's hard to describe. I'm not sure what I would order for the entree. I got the filet last time and wasn't impressed but it had BBQ sauce on it then and I thought that was a little weird. Pretty sure I have the dessert figured out.. I wish they would post the kid's menu
I'm just starting to venture into sushi, but I'm thinking about trying the Spicy Kazan Roll this time, if I can get my wife to split it with me (she probably will, she is a pretty good sport - after all, she married me ). Sounds delicious. Still working on the rest of the menu (well, not all at one time ......).
WDW: October 1976 - Offsite, January 1979 - CR, September of 2007 - POFQ, Christmas 2011 - CR, MNSSHP and F&W - October 2012 - AKV, Flower & Garden - April 2013 - BLT, and MNSSHP and F&W - October 2013 - BLT (our DVC home resort) AKV-Kidani.
Abby's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #1228
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby's Dad View Post
I'm just starting to venture into sushi, but I'm thinking about trying the Spicy Kazan Roll this time, if I can get my wife to split it with me (she probably will, she is a pretty good sport - after all, she married me ). Sounds delicious. Still working on the rest of the menu (well, not all at one time ......).
The wife and I are big fans of sushi, and we dream of this roll.

It's a must do every year for us.

Trust me, if you are going to enjoy sushi, you're going to enjoy this.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #1229
Abby's Dad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Love this and is there a special wink or signal we can use when we walk into the dining room? Maybe a modified Van Buren Boys signal from Seinfeld

Excellent Now really - I've got to get going on the or I'm in trouble when DW gets home from work.
WDW: October 1976 - Offsite, January 1979 - CR, September of 2007 - POFQ, Christmas 2011 - CR, MNSSHP and F&W - October 2012 - AKV, Flower & Garden - April 2013 - BLT, and MNSSHP and F&W - October 2013 - BLT (our DVC home resort) AKV-Kidani.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #1230
Abby's Dad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructsean View Post
The wife and I are big fans of sushi, and we dream of this roll.

It's a must do every year for us.

Trust me, if you are going to enjoy sushi, you're going to enjoy this.
Thanks - that does it - This is definitely on our order come the 29th of September!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: