Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #106
jlsmith376
Mouseketeer

Well that's great news if you are going after November 18th! Hopefully those of us going sooner won't be left out...I'm still crossing my fingers for it to be open in October!
Old 05-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #107
FlipHipster
Blackbelt in Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts

Thanks for the heads up!

There were times available for booking on 11/18 like the blog said, but every day after that until the 24th at least, said nothing was available. Hopefully someone just forgot to open the later dates.

Good Luck
FlipHipster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #108
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipHipster View Post
Thanks for the heads up!

There were times available for booking on 11/18 like the blog said, but every day after that until the 24th at least, said nothing was available. Hopefully someone just forgot to open the later dates.

Good Luck
Pre-180 day availability can sometimes be pretty wonky, even when it isn't for a high-demand restaurant or one just opening/reopening. Combine all of the above and making a reservation will almost certainly be an adventure.

Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #109
Disney_Aggie
Earning My Ears

Tried to make an Oct. 23 ressie and was told they aren't accepting ressies yet.

1975 - First trip to the World - Off Site
1982 - Original Treehouse Villas
2002 - Honeymooned the World
2004 - Christmas in the World WOW the crowds!
2006 - Two family adventure (Ms. Heimlich recapped at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1202340) I'm DB in her posts.
2010 - Just another hot August trip!
2012 - Graduation/40th Birthday Gift trip.
Disney_Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #110
jlsmith376
Mouseketeer

It is kind of interesting that Disney hasn't made an official announcement that they have started accepting ADR's after November 16th. They haven't updated the California Grill web page. The only place I've seen the announcement is on Disney Food Blog. Maybe this is how they plan to avoid overtaxing MDE.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #111
bobbins
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsmith376 View Post
It is kind of interesting that Disney hasn't made an official announcement that they have started accepting ADR's after November 16th.
This is frustrating for us as we leave for home on the 16th so our last night is the 15th. We're going to get caught here as once the dates release they'll be gone in an instant.

However I just called Disney Dining and the person I spoke to flatly denied they are giving any ADRs for Cali Grill. She said she checked the system for the 15th onwards and there's nothing for any date.
bobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #112
seasidespences
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbins View Post

This is frustrating for us as we leave for home on the 16th so our last night is the 15th. We're going to get caught here as once the dates release they'll be gone in an instant.

However I just called Disney Dining and the person I spoke to flatly denied they are giving any ADRs for Cali Grill. She said she checked the system for the 15th onwards and there's nothing for any date.
I'd be persistent...call back...try talking to someone else and see if that works. Hope you get the ADR you want!!
seasidespences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #113
jenbelles
Mouseketeer

I spoke to two different people yesterday. One said that they were taking reservations as of the 18th. He actually told me that he did not think they would ever take reservations before that day. Which I find unbelievable.
The second person I spoke with through the DVC line told me that they were not taking ADR's at all.
My conclusion is that there is no set plan in place! Lol!!!
jenbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #114
FlipHipster
Blackbelt in Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts

Seems like there is only 1 day open for booking, 11/18

I can book the 18th online no problem but want the 23rd. Nothing before or after the 18th shows up so I called this morning. The person I spoke to, the live one, agreed that they were supposed to be taking reservations after the 18th but she couldn't book them either. She didn't know why and I didn't see any reason to press her. She said maybe they are only releasing a few days at a time and keep checking. Yeah but just 1 day?

It's like whoever set it up forgot to check the box that said "open the 18th and every day after" and only opened the 18th and the right person hasn't been told yet there is a problem.
FlipHipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #115
LuvClarice
Mouseketeer

I think it might be that CMs have not been officially informed of the availability yet. When I first saw this post, I checked and there was nothing for any dates around the 18th. This morning (6:15) there was availability on one day around the the 18th. I don't remember the specific day. My guess is that the people who know about it, are savy enough to book up each day Nov 18th on as it becomes available (180 day mark). By the time people call at 7, could be that newly released day is full. Not sure if I'm explaining this correctly, I can just tell you that 1 mid Nov day had availability early this AM. My guess would be the 180 day will be available online early tomorrow as well.
LuvClarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #116
lobsterkmd
Mouseketeer

As of this morning still showing availability on the nov 18th but nothing after. Aggghhh I want it for the 21st or 22nd not Nov 18th. I spoke with a CM both days and they both couldn't figure it out.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #117
gawrsh2008
Mouseketeer

It could be that those days are already booked.

I was able to book on the 23rd for a guest Monday night. I'll check the venue tonight to make sure, though.

I'll update when I get home, but it won't be until after 10:30 pm.
gawrsh2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #118
bobbins
Earning My Ears

I'm beginning to feel quite annoyed by this.

If it was closed while we're there, then that's fair enough. But it looks certain to be open, and we're already past the +10 days advantage we should get for booking our trip early.

It's now down to sheer chance whether we can get a reservation or not and it means having to check every day whether reservations are available. Of course I'll forget one day, and that'll be the day they're all released, and then I'll end up being cross with myself!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #119
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbins View Post
I'm beginning to feel quite annoyed by this.

If it was closed while we're there, then that's fair enough. But it looks certain to be open, and we're already past the +10 days advantage we should get for booking our trip early.

It's now down to sheer chance whether we can get a reservation or not and it means having to check every day whether reservations are available. Of course I'll forget one day, and that'll be the day they're all released, and then I'll end up being cross with myself!
I certainly understand that it's frustrating. If it were me, I'd call in the morning and again in the afternoon. I'd probably check online periodically, too. I know it's frustrating, but sometimes that's the only way. I've had good luck getting hard to get reservations in the past by doing this.
This page is showing availability for 18 Nov--use the blue box and ignore the "info" in red on the left. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...ifornia-grill/
It might be updated in the coming days, worth keeping an eye on, maybe.
I can't figure out why Disney doesn't hire some truly capable employees who are able to fix the website.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #120
bobbins
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
This page is showing availability for 18 Nov-.
Yep, it works for me on the 18th - thiat must be day 180 from today, anything beyond that requires a resort reservation and the system seems to know we leave on the 16th as it won't let me make any ADR past the 16th if I tie in my resort reservation.

Maybe Disney have messed up and by accident have made the 18th bookable, when the shouldn't have?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: