Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #496
lolobug
DIS Veteran

I called, they won't book for jan yet
lolobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #497
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicGoofy View Post
Just out of curiosity, when making an ADR, my mom and me don't like to eat late, which would mean, not being able to 'see' wishes from the restaurant. If we had an earlier dinner (5:30 or 6:00), could we wait on the observation deck once our dinner was over to see Wishes? Assuming that dinner would take around 1 1/2 hrs.

Thanks!!
assuming the policy doesn't change, as long as you had a meal there at some point in the day you are allowed to come back later to watch wishes from the observation deck. So you could eat early and leave and come back or eat and then hang at the bar until wishes starts

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #498
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angey77 View Post
Three years ago, we had an earlier ADR and was told we were more than welcome to come back later to view Wishes on the observation deck. We had plans that night and did not go back, but it was nice to know it was available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reighngold View Post
Yes this is standard practice, and also why the bar fills up for wishes and you can't get a seat without having had a reservation earlier

If you do want to stay in the restaurant after dinner, instead of sitting out on the observation deck, I would recommend going to the bar and having a leisurely after dinner drink, or maybe doing a monorail bar crawl and ending up back at the contemporary for wishes? Better yet stay at the contemporary that night, go back to your room and relax and then go up for Wishes

Whatever you do, you don't have to stay there unless you want to, you will be allowed back up for wishes if you had a reservation.

Thank you both for this info!! Nice to know we can leave and then come back. Not into eating late, so will be nice to either hit the other monorail resorts, OR just hit up the bar until Wishes starts.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #499
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
assuming the policy doesn't change, as long as you had a meal there at some point in the day you are allowed to come back later to watch wishes from the observation deck. So you could eat early and leave and come back or eat and then hang at the bar until wishes starts

Thanks as well Glad to know we can do this, as it has been past practise. Looking forward to seeing the knew place, and if any menu changes have happened
Old 07-27-2013, 06:50 AM   #500
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Nothing this morning.
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Cobern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #501
Mills1878
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

I wonder why news is so silent on this.

For people who remember similar refurbs, is this common?
Old 07-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #502
sueg

DIS Veteran

Spoke with DVC member services this AM. She said that they are not taking reservations because the refurbishment changed the number of tables in restaurant and they don't know the final number yet. I was booking a trip for January, asked about CG for our October trip.
sueg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:27 PM   #503
angey77
DIS Veteran

I'm glad my stay falls on the day ADRs are being taken. I booked that sucker immediately! I would be going nuts if I was still waiting this late to see what my date night plans "may" be if I had kept scheduled the night we wanted later in our trip in November. Now, I'm just keeping an eye out to help a friend who is going in October.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #504
DVC92
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm glad my stay falls on the day ADRs are being taken. I booked that sucker immediately! I would be going nuts if I was still waiting this late to see what my date night plans "may" be if I had kept scheduled the night we wanted later in our trip in November. Now, I'm just keeping an eye out to help a friend who is going in October.
Are you saying that you were able to make a ressie for Cali?
DVC92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #505
angey77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC92 View Post

Are you saying that you were able to make a ressie for Cali?
Yes! Back in May! You have to call. I called the day I found out and the CM had to double check, but we were able to do it for Nov. 18.
I thought I saw it originally on the Disney Parks Blog, but guessing it was here instead:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...-in-fall-2013/
Old 07-27-2013, 04:26 PM   #506
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes! Back in May! You have to call. I called the day I found out and the CM had to double check, but we were able to do it for Nov. 18.
I thought I saw it originally on the Disney Parks Blog, but guessing it was here instead:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...-in-fall-2013/
I called and was told that they were taking NO reservations for ANY dates [even in December] Anyone else having luck?
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014
Back to Alaska on the Wonder in 2015

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Karlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #507
angey77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlzmom View Post

I called and was told that they were taking NO reservations for ANY dates [even in December] Anyone else having luck?
Wow, that is crazy! Maybe call back and see what another CM says. I just checked MDE and I still have that ADR in my profile, so it's there.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #508
Simba22
DIS Veteran

I called yesterday to book for October and the CM told me they can't make ADRs until the restaurant confirms an opening date, which they haven't yet.
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #509
angey77
DIS Veteran

This is interesting. Appears ADRs stopped being taken shortly after I booked mine:
http://www.disneycontemporary.com/co...lifornia-grill
Old 07-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #510
angey77
DIS Veteran

If you read the replies to the food blog I posted, I just saw Nov. 18 seemed to be a glitch, and I just happened to get in. I will be calling regardless when it opens back up, just to make sure it stays. But I would THINK to avoid a total nightmare on Nov. 18, that Disney would just be sure the current ADRs for that day stay in their system.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: