Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 07:22 AM   #181
jlsmith376
Mouseketeer

Same story today - no availability.

joybeth - Congrats on your anniversary..mine is also October 22nd (8 years)! We are celebrating it a few weeks early though - hopefully October 12th at CG. I'm still crossing my fingers that it will be open then.

jlsmith376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #182
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Just called and they do not have any info yet on when we can begin making reservations. CM did check, though. She said that they will get an email when reservations are available and they haven't received anything yet.

I'll continue to check each morning online, but at least I know I Dining is still in the same boat as we online checkers, LOL.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2013, 09:34 AM   #183
mjstaceyuofm
Mouseketeer

Ok - when they do open the system to reservations, how many of us trying to get reservations will flood the system and will it be a situation where the first 3 months of reservations fill up in a matter of minutes? hours?

That's my biggest fear. It's our favorite and we're headed down for a quick 2-day / 3-nt trip to activate annual passes in November and I can see a situation where the few nights we have will fill up before I can book reservations... Definitely want to try the new version of this restaurant!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:40 AM   #184
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstaceyuofm View Post
Ok - when they do open the system to reservations, how many of us trying to get reservations will flood the system and will it be a situation where the first 3 months of reservations fill up in a matter of minutes? hours?

That's my biggest fear. It's our favorite and we're headed down for a quick 2-day / 3-nt trip to activate annual passes in November and I can see a situation where the few nights we have will fill up before I can book reservations... Definitely want to try the new version of this restaurant!
Probably the times people book to watch WISHES will fill quickly, but I've not had a problem booking earlier meal times even during some of the busier periods. So I don't think it will be a huge problem if all you realty want to do is try it out again. You can come back later in the evening to watch WISHES from the CG deck if you want, but we never have.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #185
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

we are waiting too! plan on eating there for Thanksgiving with friends, have made back up ADR at O'hanas just in case!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #186
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
we are waiting too! plan on eating there for Thanksgiving with friends, have made back up ADR at O'hanas just in case!
OH shoot!! I didn't even think of this!! I need a back-up plan!! Uh oh...

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #187
donnishobson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post

Probably the times people book to watch WISHES will fill quickly, but I've not had a problem booking earlier meal times even during some of the busier periods. So I don't think it will be a huge problem if all you realty want to do is try it out again. You can come back later in the evening to watch WISHES from the CG deck if you want, but we never have.
If you have a reservation after WISHES, are you allowed to go up early to watch?
donnishobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #188
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnishobson View Post
If you have a reservation after WISHES, are you allowed to go up early to watch?
Yes, I think so although we haven't done it ourselves. Just check in at the second floor desk and tell them what you want to do.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #189
donnishobson
Mouseketeer

Thanks. It's just me so far. Going to a conference. I'm in California, so 10 pm dinner is 7 to me, at least the first couple of days. Wish i could do all my continuing education at Disney World or Disneyland.
donnishobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #190
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Folks, I've got some rumors to share! On a recent trip to WDW, we ate at Kona multiple times and it appears that is where much of the CG staff have been relocated to. Anyways, we were consistently told that the restaurant would be opening for "friends and family" on August 17. During that period, friends and family of CMs will be invited to test the restaurant. Then (drum roll please), on August 24 or 25 (we heard differing dates), the restaurant would reopen to the general public. Now, obviously, this is second-hand and should be treated as a rumor until we receive official verification.
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #191
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
Folks, I've got some rumors to share! On a recent trip to WDW, we ate at Kona multiple times and it appears that is where much of the CG staff have been relocated to. Anyways, we were consistently told that the restaurant would be opening for "friends and family" on August 17. During that period, friends and family of CMs will be invited to test the restaurant. Then (drum roll please), on August 24 or 25 (we heard differing dates), the restaurant would reopen to the general public. Now, obviously, this is second-hand and should be treated as a rumor until we receive official verification.
thanks for the update
Old 06-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #192
duffdo
Mouseketeer

duffdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #193
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the update! That would be good as we are hoping for an ADR on October 15th!

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #194
tx2tn
"What fortuitous circumstance be this"

Quote:
So if CG opens on August 24 or 25, did any of those CM's mention when they would start taking ressie's?

Old 06-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #195
seasidespences
Mouseketeer

Quote:
What an awesome update! Finally a little something to keep my hopes for September alive...Thanks so much for posting this!!
seasidespences is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: