Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
supercarrie
DIS Veteran

All Dining Reservations Showing as Guaranteed

I just logged into MDE and noticed that now ALL of my reservations are showing as guaranteed by credit card. This is including many that were made prior to the policy going into effect, where I did not provide any CC info.

Is this is a glitch, or did they take my CC info from a previously made (and guaranteed) reservation and apply it to all my reservations?
Old 11-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Same thing happened to me. I think they took my credit card that I made the previous ressie with and used it.

No grandfather clause!!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
skimama
Earning My Ears

Very interesting ... seems like they couldn't get away with this because you did not expressly consent to the use of your card. I'm sure you could easily argue out of charges for a cancellation.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
rimomma66
Mouseketeer

Mine are too. BUT the ressies made before that don't require it only say "Your reservation is guaranteed by credit card" The ones that I gave the CC number for say "Your reservation is guaranteed by Mastercard ****) So I don't know if it's a glitch or what.
rimomma66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #5
Roxy13
Mouseketeer

I hope it's a glitch. I made my reservations prior to the guarantee except for signatures and character meals and now they all say CC guaranteed.
Roxy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #6
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If you did not provide any CC info with the reservation they can't charge you. The restaurant system cannot "pull" your credit card number from another reservation or from your room reservation.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #7
Roxy13
Mouseketeer

I was not able to do all 5 days meals on 180th day online, so I had to call dining and they did them. As we were going down my list she would say that is a guarantee, that is not a guarantee. After we were all done I went into MDE and the ones that needed a guarantee said so and the others said nothing. Now all of them say CC guarantee.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #8
Roxy13
Mouseketeer

I just talked to Disney dining and they checked my reservations and told me I would be charged 10.00 per person if not cancelled 24 hours ahead. These are for non signature or character meals. I asked her why they changed my ADR's to being guaranteed when it was not the case when I booked and she said the system updated it automatically, using my credit card used for signatures and character meals. My worry is for breakfasts at Kona Kafe two mornings at 8:00AM, I hope we can get early enough bus, we are using ECV's so driving/cab is not an option.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #9
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998

Mine all show this now too and most of my reservations were made months ago. I can't believe they can get away with this. I plan on calling tomorrow, but I am also sending an email to Disney tonight.

Another concern I have - this is what it says when you hover over the i in the circle next to where it says "Guaranteed by Credit Card".

"For dinning reservations guaranteed by a credit card, Guests who cancel within 48 hours of their reservation time or fail to show will be charged a $10 per person fee for each Guest on the reservation."

Where did the 48 hours come from and if I didn't agree to this when I made the reservation how can they hold me to it now?

DVC4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #10
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimomma66 View Post
Mine are too. BUT the ressies made before that don't require it only say "Your reservation is guaranteed by credit card" The ones that I gave the CC number for say "Your reservation is guaranteed by Mastercard ****) So I don't know if it's a glitch or what.
Mine all say "guarenteed by credit card" regardless if they were booked before or after the Nov. 19 and regardless if they were booked with or without a card (before Nov. 19).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC4US View Post
Mine all show this now too and most of my reservations were made months ago. I can't believe they can get away with this. I plan on calling tomorrow, but I am also sending an email to Disney tonight.

Another concern I have - this is what it says when you hover over the i in the circle next to where it says "Guaranteed by Credit Card".

"For dinning reservations guaranteed by a credit card, Guests who cancel within 48 hours of their reservation time or fail to show will be charged a $10 per person fee for each Guest on the reservation."

Where did the 48 hours come from and if I didn't agree to this when I made the reservation how can they hold me to it now?
You're right, the 48 hours doesn't match the dinning FAQs or the restrictions I agreed to on a reservation I just made tonight. Both said the following (this is copied from the FAQs):

"Your credit card wont be charged before you dine with us unless you either dont show up for your reservation or cancel after 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the day before your arrival. So, we encourage you to keep your reservation and enjoy your dining experience!"

Last edited by kddisney502; 11-22-2013 at 10:40 PM.
kddisney502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #11
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998

Yeah, I saw that in the FAQ's. I sent an email to Disney tonight and I will be calling tomorrow so we will see what they say.

DVC4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #12
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl

What I have also noticed is that if I click on the "Details" of a reservation I have guaranteed with a cc, the last four digits of my cc # are displayed. On those reservations that I did not guarantee, the last four digits of the cc are not displayed.

Either way, I am very unhappy and, quite honestly, disturbed by this development. I did not agree to a credit card guarantee on most of my ADR's. I am going to have to call to see what they have to say about it.
antmaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #13
peppercc02
Earning My Ears

I called to cancel a dining reservation this morning and asked about the new policy. the CM told me that the new policy of requiring a CC guarantee for all table service restaurants began on 11/20/2013. She said that if a reservation was made prior to 11/20/2013, and the restaurant did not require a CC guarantee prior to the change, that there was no CC attached to the reservation and therefore would not be charged for a no show. However if you changed the reservation the new policy would go into effect.
peppercc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #14
antmaril
DIS Veteran
The elephant topiaries near MK have a special meaning for me
I'm a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercc02 View Post
I called to cancel a dining reservation this morning and asked about the new policy. the CM told me that the new policy of requiring a CC guarantee for all table service restaurants began on 11/20/2013. She said that if a reservation was made prior to 11/20/2013, and the restaurant did not require a CC guarantee prior to the change, that there was no CC attached to the reservation and therefore would not be charged for a no show. However if you changed the reservation the new policy would go into effect.
Thank you. That is the answer I was looking for and really is the way it should be handled.
antmaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #15
Boardwalk Tigger
DIS Veteran

Disney needs to clear this up! This is ridiculous and it should not read that it is guaranteed by a credit card when you didnt give them a credit card regardless of what a reassuring CRO tells you.

How would Disney like it if you cancelled the credit card you did give them to hold a particular dining reservation???? Two can play that game! Plus you could turn them into the Florida Attorney Generals Office under their consumer fraud unit if they try to charge a credit card when you did not give them permission to do so . Really dont think Disney wants to do this.

Hopefully it is another Disney glitch and it is rectified soon!
Boardwalk Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: