Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #16
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
Is it something you would do for a three and five year little girls or something you would wait on until their a bit older?
My cousin took her daughter along with me and my aunt, and my little cousin-once-removed was an old 3 or early 4 at the time. She's not known for being quiet and dainty when around her brother or my son (second cousin to her and her brother), but the setting settled her down. While the adults got things a la carte, she got the Mrs Pott's Tea, which involves little sandwiches, a couple little pastries, and a pot of chocolate milk. She was perfectly behaved.

And this last time when we had the same 4 of us plus the men&boys, the boys (who are not known for being perfect when all together...to the point where when we were on the cruise together we sat across the room from each other so the kids could actually eat) were CALM and QUIET and amazing.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #17
RevFrHeinz
Earning My Ears

My wife and I absolutely love it! We took tea during our honeymoon at the Grand Floridian in 1997, and have been back a couple times.

Perhaps the best tea we have taken is at the Drake Hotel in Chicago, but an afternoon at the GF is a wonderful experience!
Devoted Husband & Father of one

July 1997 -- Honeymoon at Grand Floridian
Feb. 2000 -- Contemporary
Sep. 2002 -- 3 night cruise: Disney Wonder
Oct. 2004 -- All Star Music
Oct. 2007 -- (Animal Kingdom Lodge one night)
Land & Sea (3 night/4 night)
Polynesian & Disney Wonder
Dec. 2008 -- Pop Century
RevFrHeinz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #18
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

My 2 DDs (11 and 9) and I love the Afternoon Tea. This is a must do for us while DH goes off and does something else. Like others have already mentioned, the Tea room is really small and tables do fill up fast, so I would highly suggest making an ADR for there, however walk ups reservations can happen too. Have a great time
Old 04-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #19
jjsmom
DIS Veteran

A friend of mine did it a while ago. She was very disappointed and considered it a huge waste of time and money. Her daughter was unimpressed. Of course, that's only one person's opinion.
jjsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #20
lisatav
Mouseketeer

I took my Mother as her Christmas present last year. I enjoyed how relaxed it was. The food was good. We both did the The Grand Tea and i thought it was enough for a meal. I would definitely do it again but someone like my mother, who is cheap, wouldn't just for the cost. I say, its fun to do but would wait with children less then 9.

Our Vacation Video- July 2013- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnZb5ySFhB8
My WDW trips
1993, 1994, 1995, 1997, 1998, & 2002- OFF
Dec. 02/Jan 03- All Star Sports
April 2007- Coronado Springs
Feb 2009 – OFF (Royal Plaza)
Aug 2009- POFQ
Jan. 2010- Pop Century
Jan 2012- Pop
Dec 12/Jan 13- Pop
July 2013-POR-Royal Room
Oct. 2013- OFF, MK + EP
lisatav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #21
Peepster

Earning My Ears

It took me many years to talk my partner into trying it but once I did...well, suffice to say we both enjoy it immensely.

Trying new teas and the sandwiches, scones and pastries are all so wonderful. The atmosphere is so relaxing and it's never stuffy in our opinion. It's a wonderful break from the parks and the frantic pace we usually set for ourselves.

Can't wait to go back. On our next trip we have an 8 year old "Princess in training" and we're taking her to the Princess Tea Party in the morning. Hope she enjoys!

Everyone has their own tastes. You should give it a try at least.

Auntie Peep
Peepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #22
jess20k
DIS Veteran

We have done the tea twice, and really enjoyed it. It is a wonderful time! The only thing is we now have a great tea room here by my home, which is actually better, so now it is not as special as it once was. So, I would say it is definitely worth giving it a try, there are many options to choose from, and it really is a beautiful atmosphere, well worth a try!

jess20k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #23
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

We went on our last trip and absolutely loved it. They only had four other tables seated when we went, and we could hear the piano as well. It was very relaxed and beautiful. The food was delicious as well - the trifle... oh I have had dreams about it!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #24
Suelala
Mouseketeer

I am thinking of a solo trip...would I be out of place in the tearoom by myself? Since no one can go with me, I am going to try to do things I haven't done before.
Suelala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #25
mtfarlin
Mouseketeer

I've been solo here several times and I have enjoyed it. I seem to get more "attention" from the servers too by being by myself. I found out I can take my time and am not rushed. Found it to be a very relaxing few hours doing something I can't do at home.
mtfarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #26
Suelala
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtfarlin View Post
I've been solo here several times and I have enjoyed it. I seem to get more "attention" from the servers too by being by myself. I found out I can take my time and am not rushed. Found it to be a very relaxing few hours doing something I can't do at home.
Thanks! I know I will feel a little sorry for myself sometimes, being alone, but giving myself little treats (I love tea! and scones!) should make me feel better! I am thinking of a massage in the spa also...
Suelala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #27
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
Is it something you would do for a three and five year little girls or something you would wait on until their a bit older?
If you feel your DDs aren't quite ready, there is also a "Wonderland Tea Party" at the Grand Floridian for children. It's hosted by characters from "Alice in Wonderland", & the children decorate & eat cupcakes, have tea w/ the characters, & make a craft. It's also not as expensive as the "My Disney Girl Perfectly Princess Tea."

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 4 years)
Wendy31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #28
VelvetGloves
Breadstick Fairy>
Enjoys sitting back and watching the Tag Fairy debate, popcorn anyone?
Bob Dole Loves You!

I have been thinking about doing this with my husband. He loves tea, and I think he would enjoy the experience. I'm assuming you can make reservations for it, but I haven't been able to find it on the Disney site. How do I find it on the site to reserve, or is this one where you have to actually call?

Thanks for your help!!

VelvetGloves
Old 04-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #29
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

You have to call, velvet. I can't help but wonder if it's because of confusion between the mega-expensive Princess tea party, the Wonderland tea, and this. That they want to actually speak to you to make sure you know what you're booking.

Having fancy tea in my family was sparked by DH! It was the ONE excursion we booked through the cruiseline when we went to Alaska, a tea at a garden place. So I was very happy to take him and DS, and they enjoyed it just as much as I did.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #30
lightmoonstone
Mouseketeer

I found it to be a really nice, quiet experience in Disney. The curry sandwich was my favourite and I tried the Princess Tea, which was incredible.

The only con was that when the sweet plates arrived they were, for me, at least, overwhelmingly sweet. I did not enjoy them at all and I am someone with a sweet tooth.

But I would definitely go again for the crumpets, tea, variety of sandwiches and tranquil ambiance.
2012- Art of Animation & All Star Movies
lightmoonstone is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: