Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Trick-Or-Treat & Birthday Sweets! Oct 2013 PTR *NEW* 11/4 TR Link Posted!

What do you do when you wrap up another fun Disney World Trip Report? Start a Pre Trip Report for your next trip, of course! With only a little more than 200 days to go until our trip, this seemed like just the right time to start planning, and I hope you will want to follow along with our plans too.

JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR

Last edited by khertz; 11-04-2013 at 01:20 PM.
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

I'm in!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #3
khertz

But First, an Introduction...

Some of you may know me from my previous TR's (links for them all are in my signature), but for the newbies, here's an introduction to the cast of this PTR and eventual TR.

First up, myself & DH! Here's a little about us.

I'm khertz 27 years old, wife & mom. I earn money to fund our Disney trips by working as a pediatric nurse at a local hospital. This will be my 11th trip to Disney World, and I was also blessed enough to be given to opportunity to visit DL not just once, but twice last year! I love everything Walt Disney World, most of all, trip planning! My all time favorite attraction is Splash Mountain. My favorite characters are Mickey, Rapunzel, and Stitch. My favorite Disney movies are Tangled, Monsters Inc., the Lion King, and The Little Mermaid. Besides just all things Disney, some of my other favorites include reading, Hanson (Yes, the band who sings Mmmbop), the New Orleans Saints, and scrapbooking.

DH is dduck4life here on the boards, but he doesn't post too much. He works as an engineer in the oil field to fund our Disney obsession! This will be his 10th trip to WDW, and has visited Disneyland 3 times. His absolute favorite character is Donald Duck (in case you didn't figure that out from his screen name), and he loves collecting all things Donald. He also has a large Vinylmation collection and likes collecting and trading them, both in the parks and online. I know his favorite attraction was once the Mad Tea Party, but that may have changed. I honestly don't know which movies he'd call his favorites, but I know he enjoys watching them! DH's other favorites I would say include the NFL and fantasy football, photography, action movies, and Mardi Gras parades.

Rounding out our little family of 3 is our adorable, bright, hilarious, and energetic DS! He is two and a half, and definitely keeps us on our toes. During our trip, we will be celebrating his 3rd birthday. This will be his 3rd trip to WDW, and he traveled with us on one of our DL trips last year, so he is no stranger to Disney vacations. However, I think this trip will be different than last year's trip because of how much he now knows about the Disney Universe! He now recognizes TONS of characters outside of the Fab 5, and can instantly recognize attraction music when it comes on in the car. In fact, his favorite thing to listen to as we go back and forth to daycare every day is the Dream Along With Mickey castle show! His favorite attractions are the WDW Railroad, It's a Small World, Disney Jr. Live on Stage, and the Mad Tea Party. And he LOVES meeting the characters! His favorite Disney characters are Mickey Mouse, Lightning McQueen, Mater, and Buzz Lightyear. So as you can imagine, his favorite Disney movies are Cars, Cars 2, Toy Story, Finding Nemo, and he is crazy about Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. His other interests are trains, Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends, race cars, stickers, and parades (he inherited that from his daddy!).

Here's one more of the 3 of us! One of my favorite Photopass pictures from our last trip.

So now that you have met us, here are the other basics of the trip!

We will be traveling from October 22nd through October 30th. We decided on mid week to mid week for the cheaper airfare now that we have to book three tickets for both flights (last year since we traveled to Disney a few days before his second birthday, DS flew free on the way there!). And we wanted to be home before Halloween so that we could trick-or-treat with DS at home.

We will again be staying in a 2 bedroom unit at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, but with a twist! Our first night will be at the Royal Pacific Hotel at Universal Orlando so we can spend a day at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure with the benefit of the unlimited Express Pass for resort guests! More on that later, but a bulk of our trip, 7 nights to be exact, will be at Bonnet Creek. We bought into Wyndham there while on our Disney World honeymoon in 2007, and have stayed there on all of our Disney trips but one. We still feel close to the magic there since it is smack in the middle of Disney property, and never have felt like we were missing out on anything by being "offsite."

Our ticket situation will be one day park hoppers for US/IoA, 5 day park hoppers for WDW, and we are also attending our very first Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

That's the framework of our trip, and I hope you will join in as I fill in all of the details.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR

Last edited by khertz; 04-04-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

A little over 200 days????

It's almost ADR time!
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #5
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel View Post
I'm in!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
So happy to see you here!!
Old 04-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
A little over 200 days????

It's almost ADR time!
204 to be exact!! Let the ADR madness begin!! I'm ready!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Hey there khertz - you know I'm in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
of my other favorites include reading, Hanson (Yes, the band who sings Mmmbop), the New Orleans Saints
No what, really! You? Hanson? Really? The Saints too? Wha....? Next thing you know you'll be telling us you enjoy Mardi Gras!

I think the likelyhood of our trips overlapping are pretty low. Arrows are pointing more and more in an early November direction for us. Though out "Plan B" would be overlap with the first half of your trip.

Still, looking forward to following along.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #8
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I'm glad to see that you're going to finally get to make that trip over to IoA. I think that is a great idea to stay at a Universal resort for a night to get the front of the line privleges. You should have no problem getting through all the headliners in both parks that way!
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #9
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Hey there khertz - you know I'm in.

No what, really! You? Hanson? Really? The Saints too? Wha....? Next thing you know you'll be telling us you enjoy Mardi Gras!

I think the likelyhood of our trips overlapping are pretty low. Arrows are pointing more and more in an early November direction for us. Though out "Plan B" would be overlap with the first half of your trip.

Still, looking forward to following along.
I know, I know, what a shock to my loyal readers! But I gotta throw out those "other thing" to any new followers who might be confused when a random Hanson or Mardi Gras post shows up in a Disney PTR/TR!

Well, November will still be a lot of fun for you, but it will be a bummer to have our trips just miss each other yet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm glad to see that you're going to finally get to make that trip over to IoA. I think that is a great idea to stay at a Universal resort for a night to get the front of the line privleges. You should have no problem getting through all the headliners in both parks that way!
I'm so so so excited!! I pitched the idea about the one night stay on property to DH and he was hesitant. But really, it only makes sense for us since we only have one day and will have to ride a lot of rides separately. It will get us through those headliner attractions a lot faster! Plus, I think we get early entry into WWoHP that morning, so another plus for staying onsite there.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #10
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

I'm in.

We may run into each other, as our trips overlap. We'll be at WBC from October 27 through November 2. And we're also celebrating a birthday (DGD...will be 5).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #11
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

I'm here too!

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:12 AM   #12
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Can't wait to hear about your plans! Great intro!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #13
khertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
I'm in.

We may run into each other, as our trips overlap. We'll be at WBC from October 27 through November 2. And we're also celebrating a birthday (DGD...will be 5).
LadyBeBop! I actually had your PTR thread open in another tab yesterday when I was searching for other October PTRs to follow, but I hadn't gotten a chance to read through it yet. Going to do that now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
I'm here too!
Happy to see you, Dave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm here! Can't wait to hear about your plans! Great intro!
Yay, Jen, glad you are here!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #14
Leger13
DIS Veteran

I am a bad DISer and I suck at following your reports but I'm here non-the-less
Old 04-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #15
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Haven't been on the dis lately..but your PTR's are worth checking in regularly for!! Looking forward to reading and planning along with you!!

Follow our Progress For March 2015http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50810740
ash-n-brensmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: