Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #1
Andrea_loves_Disney
DIS Veteran

Coronado Springs - mini review! 3/23-3/28 Business Class room

Hello Dis Board Friends!!

Just thought I would share my thoughts on our stay last week at Coronado Springs!! First a little background on us! Andrea (51) Kyle (51) Megan (17) Evan (12). We have been going to WDW almost every year since Megan was born...and some years twice. So we are seasoned WDW people! We have only stayed on property about 7 times out of all those visits, however. I guess that's because when my kids were younger I wanted a suite-type room with separate sleeping areas and 2 TVs, and we couldn't afford a WDW on property suite!

So anyway, we have stayed at Pop a couple times, in a FW cabin a couple times, and a 2 bedroom unit at Disney Institute (which is now Saratoga Springs). This was our first time staying at a moderate resort!

We had a Business class room - in the Cabanas - 9B. The resort is beautiful!! We loved the water and the pool looked amazing! (sadly, it was very cold last week - low 40's in the mornings and breezy and chilly in the evenings too) I did see people in the pool one evening but it was too cold for us! The room was ok... I didn't think it was anything special really. It actually didn't seem that much bigger than the rooms at Pop! I don't know the exactly dimensions, but with 4 of us we really did use all the space there was for our bags, etc. I like the sliding doors that close off the sink area since I am usually the first one up to shower and get ready while everyone else is sleeping! The shower curtain smelled mildew-y (I hate that!!). So I was not overly impressed with the room...beds were comfortable however and we had no issues with mousekeeping!

The Business lounge- Coconino Cove - was very nice. Smaller than I thought it would be (the pictures make it look bigger than it is) but it was never crowded at all. There must not be very many rooms booked for this right now. The breakfast offerings were great - not a lot of choices but AWESOME fresh fruit, bagels, peanut butter, cereal, yogurt, coffee, cappucino maker, juice...really plenty for us to start our day.

We did end up making it back there before 10 pm a couple nights to enjoy snacks and drinks too!! Again there's not a huge selection but good stuff! They put out bowls that are pretty small (I get it, the smaller bowls you put out, the less people will take..who wants to take the last chip, cracker or pretzel??) I am sorry to say this but I was not overly impressed with the castmembers in the lounge... some were really friendly and nice, but others seemed bothered when we asked for something. I don't get it...I would think the people that were put there would super friendly! It isn't a bad gig...waiting on a handful of people... 3 hours in the morning, 5 hours in the evening... I really expected more from them- not necessarily in service but just being talkative and friendly!

Also we ate at the Pepper Market twice. It was not crowded and the food was fine. I guess I would not want to eat there every night, however...it was a little disappointing to order an $11 sandwich and the side it comes with is regular potato chips..like Lays or a generic equivalent. Blah.
The Mayan Grill was out of our price range! Ouch!!

I feel kind of bad pointing out some negatives here but I just wanted to be honest! But overall we really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend the Business Class experience - I forgot to mention how close the rooms are to the main building and the bus stop! Awesome! We felt the price difference we well worth it for us-saved us some $$ in the long run on breakfasts and we ate healthier - no greasy egg or hashbrowns! And I enjoyed a few free beers to boot!

And a little side note on the parks...the most crowded I have EVER seen them... 3 hour wait for Peter Pan??? Really??? We just got fastpasses for what we could and lived by them... The best thing we did was go to MK on our first night... after 10 pm... the lines in the new Fantasyland were zero!!! Thank goodness we did them then!! We really enjoyed lunch at the Beast's castle!! The wait wasn't bad at all and it is a whole new experience for quick service. I was impressed!

So that is my mini review! Hope I wasn't too negative! Just giving my thoughts! We had a great trip overall!

Andrea_loves_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Thanks for the review! Glad you had a great trip for the most part. We love csr so much. The beds are luxurious. Best night's sleep I get all year! Never stayed business class or in cabanas, just casitas so far. The rooms there have all been very new. We request building 4 which is not preferred and have gotten it. We have also paid for preferred before, but it's really not necessary.

We too were not impressed with the pepper market at all. Mediocre food for not very reasonable prices! We actually ate at Maya Grill (scored a walk up for 2), and it was one of the best meals of the trip! Big surprise! I guess it depends what you order because I got a soup and salad and it was $7 for the salad and $8 for the soup I believe. To me that is reasonable, but here in NY prices are comparable to wdw so we are used to it. My husbands taco platter was like $18 and so big even together we couldn't finish! Next time give it a whirl and share some dishes! We too loved lunch at Be Our Guest. What an atmosphere! Thanks for sharing!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: