Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
DVCMikey
DIS Veteran

Standard 1BR at Boardwalk

We have stayed at BWV before but never in a standard. what do they overlook and how are the rooms?

Thinking of a trip in September and they have it available and you can't beat it for the points.
DVCMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

I believe that the DVC rooms that you get through Disney for Boardwalk all say standard but I fact are really the garden/pool view.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
Denise W
Boardwalk DVC Member

If you are booking a standard view at BWV on points you will overlook the front driveway area.

Denise
Denise W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCMikey View Post
We have stayed at BWV before but never in a standard. what do they overlook and how are the rooms?

Thinking of a trip in September and they have it available and you can't beat it for the points.
They overlook the driveway or the parking lot. There's a map showing the different BWV view locations in this post:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...5&postcount=28

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #5
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:

do you do steps well - or do you need the elevators? If elevator - then put near the elevator first

now if you can do steps (there are lot more stair cases than elevators in BWV) - you have choices. Love the creek view - it is on the end near the HC and valet parking. like this area because it is near the buses and studio - the nearby stair case - have another door that goes to the community pool/hall. to get to Epcot - you go out this door - then you go thru the main pool - to get to the courtyard in front of the boats...

so yes love standard view

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:08 AM   #6
DVCMikey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
do you do steps well - or do you need the elevators? If elevator - then put near the elevator first

now if you can do steps (there are lot more stair cases than elevators in BWV) - you have choices. Love the creek view - it is on the end near the HC and valet parking. like this area because it is near the buses and studio - the nearby stair case - have another door that goes to the community pool/hall. to get to Epcot - you go out this door - then you go thru the main pool - to get to the courtyard in front of the boats...

so yes love standard view
We do stairs well, but we do have a baby so we will have a stroller. Walking the extra distance for how low the points are wouldn't be a problem for me. Especially with the creek view. I would love to get that. I believe there is a quiet pool over there too.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #7
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
We do stairs well, but we do have a baby so we will have a stroller. Walking the extra distance for how low the points are wouldn't be a problem for me. Especially with the creek view. I would love to get that. I believe there is a quiet pool over there too.
You don't get a pool view with standard points stay at BWV. Those are preferred view (non-BW view).

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:49 AM   #8
DVCMikey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
You don't get a pool view with standard points stay at BWV. Those are preferred view (non-BW view).
I knew that. I just meant there is a quiet pool on that side of the hotel near the river towards DHS
Old 04-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #9
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
I knew that. I just meant there is a quiet pool on that side of the hotel near the river towards DHS
Yes, it's lovely over there and I think a pretty quick walk along the waterway. That's also where the Community Hall is.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #10
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
. Especially with the creek view. I would love to get that. I believe there is a quiet pool over there too.
well by the map it is not that close - but when you walk it - because of the way the resort is designed it is not far at all.

just learn where all the stair cases near you go.

quiet pool are now called community pools - so guests will not complaint about the noise saying they through it was a quiet pool......

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #11
DVCMikey
DIS Veteran

well we booked it for the near end of september. 5 nights. We have stayed at BWV before, can't wait to be there again!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: