Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
disneymore2
Mouseketeer

Contemporary bfast

Planning our trip for early June! Ok so my wife and I are on eating healthy kick.. We know we will do the best we can at the parks, but would like to start our morning off right. We eat 4 hard boiled eggs(whites only) and old fashioned oatmeal with blueberries every morning. Can anyone help me figure out the most economical way to eat this at our hotel??
disneymore2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate

Are you driving? If you are, bring the ingredients and store in your room refrigerator and make each morning. You can hard boil the eggs at home beforehand. Make the oatmeal with hot water from your coffeemaker.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
disprincessatheart
I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08

Does your title mean you are staying at the contemporary? If so it would be easy enough to buy a dozen eggs in the mini mart on the 4th floor and keep the extras in your fridge. Bring the oatmeal and make do on the berries. There are a couple of microwaves in the food court area by the tables that you could use to cook your egg whites, and then get hot water from the drink area for the oatmeal. The bonus is you get to watch the monorail go by as you eat! They do sell prepackaged cut fruit there, so you may just want to grab what's there to make up for the blueberries.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #4
cndij
Mouseketeer

What about bringing dehydrated blueberries? I think I have seen them at Trader Joes near the trail mixes. If you're driving I second the idea of pre-boiling the eggs and bringing them with you, same with the oatmeal, as I assume you are talking instant oatmeal, if you're on a health kick.
cndij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
disneymore2
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the tips.. Will probably bring the egg precooked... Did not realize that we had access to microwave. That will make things easier. Also did not realize there was a mini Mart! Can I assume they have most of the basics. Bread, milk, meat, chesse, etc?? I figured the hotel would just have the traditional "gift shop" foods.
disneymore2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #6
pearlieq
They can sit & spin
Imagine my shock when my cat slipped me the tongue
I've never been all that worried about getting cooties
I don't need chewy chunks

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymore2 View Post
Can I assume they have most of the basics. Bread, milk, meat, chesse, etc?? I figured the hotel would just have the traditional "gift shop" foods.
Yes--because the Contemporary includes a DVC resort where people have full kitchens, they have the expanded grocery section. The selection is limited and somewhat pricey, but it's convenient and still much cheaper than eating out!
Your underpants!
~TSA 2010
pearlieq is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: