Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
cruisingmickey
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Hotels for Gay Days??

Hello,

Fiance and I are taking a honeymoon cruise out of Port Canaveral and planning a post-cruise stay at Disney during Gay Days (1 night / 2 days) Other than staying at the host hotel, what are some of the other hotels (within walking distance of the park(s), hopefully or on-site) where people have stayed and would recommend?

Thanks

Last edited by cruisingmickey; 04-01-2013 at 12:38 PM.
cruisingmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
RedsDrew
Mouseketeer

There are a lot of us staying on-site at Disney at the Port Orleans Riverside hotel. There are also quite a few staying at the sister property Port Orleans French Quarter hotel. If you prefer to be off-site but still nearby to Disney, you can probably get cheaper rates checking other hotels like the Best Western near Downtown Disney, although you wouldn't have the convenience of Disney's free resort shuttle buses to and from your hotel. The Best Western is less than a mile from Downtown Disney (but more than a half a mile).

The host hotel is actually at Universal Studios, not Disney. If you prefer to be closer to the host hotel and Universal, you could always stay somewhere like the Comfort Inn and Suites which is more value priced and within a mile of Universal.
June 2014 - BWI; May/June 2013 - POR; May/June 2012 - POFQ; Sept 2011 - POFQ for MNSSHP; Nov 2010 - AKL for MMVCP; July 2010 - Pop Century for 4th of July; May/June 2010 - Contemporary; Apr 2010 - CBR; Nov 2009 - POR for MMVCP[/B]
RedsDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
cruisingmickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsDrew View Post
There are a lot of us staying on-site at Disney at the Port Orleans Riverside hotel. There are also quite a few staying at the sister property Port Orleans French Quarter hotel. If you prefer to be off-site but still nearby to Disney, you can probably get cheaper rates checking other hotels like the Best Western near Downtown Disney, although you wouldn't have the convenience of Disney's free resort shuttle buses to and from your hotel. The Best Western is less than a mile from Downtown Disney (but more than a half a mile).

The host hotel is actually at Universal Studios, not Disney. If you prefer to be closer to the host hotel and Universal, you could always stay somewhere like the Comfort Inn and Suites which is more value priced and within a mile of Universal.
Oops, my boo-boo, I should have mentioned that we're not going to be there for GayDays until May 30-31, 2014
cruisingmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
DOPEYLUVER
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey View Post
Oops, my boo-boo, I should have mentioned that we're not going to be there for GayDays until May 30-31, 2014
I THINK GayDays is determined by the first Saturday of the June. That would mean the Disney GayDays would be June 5 - 8, with Saturday the 7th being the Magic Kingdom Day.

DOPEYLUVER is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: