Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
disneycrazy01
Mouseketeer

First time renter in need of good advice

I'm planning a 2 week vacation in the month of July. No one in my family drives so I have to rely on cabs and shuttles. We plan on going to 3 parks, 1 day each. Disney, Universal & SeaWorld. We have been to all the parks before. A few years ago I spent 17 days at Disney Pop Century and did 10 days at the parks.

Two years ago I spent a week at Star Island with a friend who is a timeshare owner. Her family couldn't go so we went with her. Since then we are hooked on timeshares because of the amount of room and the convenience of having a full kitchen because we like to cook most of our meals and I really enjoy the evenings on a balcony. We have a very hyper 3 year old so the room to run around is important. We also want a safe place for the 13 year old to venture out on his own to the game room or basketball courts. He loves playing basketball.

Since I am trying to rent for the first time I joined Tug2.net & Redweek. I looked at rates on My Resort Network, Vacation Strategy, Vacation Upgrades. I think I looked at too many places that I am really confused now.

I haven't booked my airfare yet because I haven't decided on the exact dates, but the fares are really going up from NY to Orlando.

I don't know of anyone that has rented before so I can get the name of a reliable owner to rent from. I got a quote of $1858 for 14 days from Vacation Strategy. That quote is for a 1-bedroom.

I found an ad on My Resort Network and the same person has an ad on Redweek - Kevin Wiseman. He quoted me 1099 for a 2-bedroom for a week in July. Has anyone rented from him before?

I also found an ad on Redweek for a week in July in a 1-bedroom for $900 from Julie Schroyer. Has anyone rented from her before?

There is an ad for a week in a 2-bedroom at Bonnet Creek which is advertised on My Resort Network, Redweek & Tug2.net from a Patrick McLaughin for $1195. His price was higher, but he really got my attention because when he sent me an email concerning a 1-bedroom instead of the 2-bedroom as advertised he gave me good advice about renting. He told me never to send any money before I have paperwork in my hand. He also stated that he would wait until my vacation started for the balance. He said that he trusts people. He has a lot of ads for other timeshares.

Has anyone rented from him before? He also suggested renting a 2-bedroom at Star Island and he could get it for $845.00. It is cheaper than Bonnet Creek. I am also thinking of booking a week at BC and a week at Star Island, but I have a feeling once we are at BC we won't want to go to Star Island.

What should I do? Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.
disneycrazy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

sorry don't know any of these people.

might ask on tug for the renters there.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
ampc3
DIS Veteran

Know this is an old post but wondering if anyone... has ever rented from Kevin Wiseman off of My resort Network??? He quoted me a great price for our trip end of May, much cheaper than anyone else.... But have never done this before so alittle worried...

Has anyone dealt with him or off of My resort network? TIA

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
ampc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #4
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycrazy01 View Post
We also want a safe place for the 13 year old to venture out on his own to the game room or basketball courts. He loves playing basketball.
Our son is also a basketball fanatic. When we were researching possible properties for our August 2013 trip, we looked into Bonnet Creek based on all the positive reviews here on the Dis. That's when we discovered that BC doesn't appear to have a basketball court onsite. And that's when it got crossed off the list .

Another property that might give you all the features you are seeking is the Sheraton Vistana Resort. The basketball courts are fabulous, plus there are sand volleyball courts, several wonderful playgrounds for your 3 year old, 7 pools (one with a slide, two with waterfalls, one with poolside movies, etc.), onsite mini golf, and a whole host of daily scheduled activities with their FUN team. Villas are huge....2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, full kitchen, washer & dryer, screened in balcony, 3 flat screen TV's, etc. and all redone (right down to the studs) within the last few years. Worth a look .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
sersee05
DIS Veteran

His name came up when I wad looki ng as reputable. I think its in the we love bonnet creek thread. I bet if you ask that thread ...you will get the answer .
Old 12-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #6
ampc3
DIS Veteran

Thanks I will try and repost over there...

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
ampc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #7
sersee05
DIS Veteran

Ya..that is where I got his name. Thru have a few other names that they throw around in that thread too.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #8
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

if no one in your family drives, it would appear you're going to be spending quite a bit on cabs unless you get on the Lynx bus route somewhere. I personally would not stay off property without driving.