Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #286
minniesota
Land is a good thing, too
Glad to be of service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjje View Post
From their Caring Bridge site I get the impression Chase is at Children's in Minneapolis. If that's the case then they're in great hands. I've seen first hand how amazing the doctors and nurses are there.
I believe Chase is at Children's in St. Paul (an awesome hospital!) and they are hoping to move him to Gillette Children's next week. Gillette provides highly specialized pediatric care to children who have disabilities and complex conditions and is known nationally for its expertise in pediatric neurology. Our family continues to pray/support the entire Lykken family.
minniesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #287
m&mfamily
Mouseketeer

A friend of mine sent me this article about a little boy's near drowning. Wish this could happen for little Chase. Also, I wish his parents would post more about what his prognosis is.

http://www.today.com/id/36190954/ns/.../#.UWghhLU4uSo
m&mfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #288
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&mfamily View Post
Also, I wish his parents would post more about what his prognosis is.
Chase's father did post the medical staff at Arnold Palmer presented that Chase's current level of functioning "may be as good as it gets." This is why everyone with a medical/clinical/healthcare profession background posted to translate the MRI results. AND, that is why everyone is continuing to pray for Chase, his parents, and siblings.
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #289
m&mfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post
Chase's father did post the medical staff at Arnold Palmer presented that Chase's current level of functioning "may be as good as it gets." This is why everyone with a medical/clinical/healthcare profession background posted to translate the MRI results. AND, that is why everyone is continuing to pray for Chase, his parents, and siblings.
Yeah, I remember seeing that. I guess maybe I'm still in a little bit of denial myself about it. Still hoping and praying for a miracle for the little guy.
m&mfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #290
mom of a lil pirate
Mouseketeer

Quote:
A friend of mine sent me this article about a little boy's near drowning. Wish this could happen for little Chase. Also, I wish his parents would post more about what his prognosis is.

http://www.today.com/id/36190954/ns/.../#.UWghhLU4uSo
Yes, another little boy's story is here that used the same hypothermic theropy after drowning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfAKoFzYwzE"
I think it is worth remembering incase you ever find yourself in this position.

I am praying daily for Chase and his family. Miricales do happen. I have posted this before, but my son fell into our pool and was unresponsive when he was 10 months old. He is now a normal happy 4 year old. (who can swim quite well these day too). I am praying that with therapy and time Warrier Chase can get there too!
Old 04-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #291
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
Yeah, I remember seeing that. I guess maybe I'm still in a little bit of denial myself about it. Still hoping and praying for a miracle for the little guy.
Sometimes, we tuck reality away and leave our hearts open for a miracle. (and yes, they do happen).
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #292
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:

I certainly wouldn't write him off yet! Kids are resilient and are fighters! I continue to follow the Caring Bridge & am hoping for the best. They have a long haul ahead of them.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #293
DesertGal
Mouseketeer

I have such admiration for the family. Their updates show their fighting spirit and strength. I constantly think of them throughout the day and we include them in our prayers. I think their story will touch thousands of lives in multiple ways.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Our dreams come true:
DS Alec 7
DD Olivia 5
DesertGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #294
Fielhol
Mouseketeer

My day always ends with me filling in DH on Chase's progress. And I have talked to my 3 children about Chase and imperative it is to always be aware of your surroundings and others around you in any situation. I even showed them Chase's Facebook site so they could put a face to his name. Kind of drilling it home that this is in fact life and has actually happened and not just one of mom's stories I am always sending the Lykken's positive thoughts and miracle wishes.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:44 AM   #295
Princess Disney Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fielhol View Post
My day always ends with me filling in DH on Chase's progress. And I have talked to my 3 children about Chase and imperative it is to always be aware of your surroundings and others around you in any situation. I even showed them Chase's Facebook site so they could put a face to his name. Kind of drilling it home that this is in fact life and has actually happened and not just one of mom's stories I am always sending the Lykken's positive thoughts and miracle wishes.
Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
2006 - CR X 2/ DoubleTree WDW/ POFQ/ Music Resort
2007 - POP X 3/ Double Tree WDW
2008 - Disneyland/ BoardWalk / Off Site WDW
2009 - Offsite/Doubletree at WDW/CR/Boardwalk
2010 - Disneyland/ Doubletree WDW/HBC/ Music Resort
2011 - Hilton Bonnet Creek/ Port Orleans Riverside
2012 - Hilton Bonnet Creek
2013- Disneyland / Grand Floridian
2014 - Offsite/ Grand Floridian
Princess Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #296
Fsugirl24
Earning My Ears

Thoughts and prayers for him and his family.
Fsugirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:47 PM   #297
DesertGal
Mouseketeer

Tonight's update sounds promising.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Our dreams come true:
DS Alec 7
DD Olivia 5
DesertGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:29 AM   #298
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Chase has so much love and support. The Lykken family is truly an inspiration...so much strength and faith.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #299
Disneyqueendenmark
Mouseketeer

Just thought I would share this Facebook update from Chase's family, some of you might be interested:

"We know our little Captain America has a long road of recovery ahead of him. The entire family has been feeling the power of prayer since Chase's accident happened but we would like to super size that power.

We are asking that you take a moment of your time tomorrow evening, Sunday the 21st at 7pm, to say a prayer of healing and recovery for our Chaser. Feel free to light a candle if you wish. We want to see the power of prayer in mass!"
(Its from today, April 20th)

I will certainly try to stay awake to light a candle and pray for Chase and his family! (I'm in a different time-zone, 7 hours ahead of Minnesota - so its after my bedtime ) The Lykken family have been in my thoughts every single day since the accident and I hope the best for all of them.
(Sorry if the quote has some spelling errors! I couldn't copy/paste, so had to write it)
Disneyland Resort - Christmas 2011
Walt Disney World AOA & FQ - January 2013
Upcoming Disneyland trip, Christmas 2014
Disneyqueendenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:57 PM   #300
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

I am hoping for a miracle, but I think we have to be realistic about what a "miracle" will be ...

I think some posters think he's going to just "wake" up and be the little boy he was before this and...that's highly unlikely.

Everything he gains now is a "miracle" and we may have already had some. Don't expect big jumps, it's a LONG slow climb and every gain will be a miracle considering the damage. (And don't give up when there are setbacks as there may be)
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: