Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #256
Shell54
DIS Veteran

The title of this thread is "positive thoughts and prayers"... I continue to send mine to little Chase and his family.

Disney Magic 8/12

Shell54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #257
blu
Mouseketeer

Agreed that the pools are always the place that will draw kids but because of slides etc its next to impossible to see you child at all times in a place like that. On our trip The row of parents standing around the pool made it equally difficult to see and yet one had to do that to optimize viewing. Kind of reminded me of people standing around the luggage carousel. No one can get their suitcase off because there are too many people there. My DD got crowded between two adults in a hot tub who both turned their backs and thought they were against each others back. She slipped under them and If she were smaller couldn't have touched from the center and with the hot tub swirling no one would have seen her. We all need to watch out for the little ones.
blu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #258
anna08
DIS Veteran

Let's all agree to take what has been a horrific tragedy and heartache for this family and try to make some big positive change for the future and all the future little cruise swimmers and parents everywhere.

I am so hopeful that we can influence DCL to put lifeguards at the pools. Please include it on your surveys before you leave ship.

I am hopeful that many will read and learn how to recognize drowning individuals, and reach out to help others.

I am hopeful that parents will learn CPR so that we can help our loved ones and others when the need arises.

I am hopeful that we will as a community will learn to be more attentive near water and recognize how dangerous it can be.

Let's honor Chase by making positive changes in our lives.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #259
quickcat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna08 View Post
Let's all agree to take what has been a horrific tragedy and heartache for this family and try to make some big positive change for the future and all the future little cruise swimmers and parents everywhere.

I am so hopeful that we can influence DCL to put lifeguards at the pools. Please include it on your surveys before you leave ship.

I am hopeful that many will read and learn how to recognize drowning individuals, and reach out to help others.

I am hopeful that parents will learn CPR so that we can help our loved ones and others when the need arises.

I am hopeful that we will as a community will learn to be more attentive near water and recognize how dangerous it can be.

Great points and great post! I am going to take a CPR class. This horrific accident definitely shows you never know when you might need it.
quickcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #260
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

This little boy and his family have touched many hearts. They have so much strength and courage.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #261
alexandlillie
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Hear, hear!

I am also hopeful that we, as parents, will be grateful for the health and happiness of our children, and endeavor to show that gratitude every day.

Already, I hug my children tighter. Try to love them more. I watch them with vigilance in the bathtub too - something I always THOUGHT I did...but not to the level I now understand is necessary.

I want so much for some positives to come from this tragedy too.
alexandlillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #262
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell54 View Post
The title of this thread is "positive thoughts and prayers"... I continue to send mine to little Chase and his family.
I am thinking of him everyday and I will continue to pray for him. I had our church add him to our prayer list. I do believe that having an entire community pray will help the family cope and heal.

I think it is great that there is such a caring group of people on the DIS who have sent not only prayers, but donations to this family in their time of need. I am proud to be a part of this community and this thread.

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #263
quirty30
DIS Veteran

As a 4 year old child, I nearly drowned, and it is one of my most vivid early memories. My family was on vacation at a small resort. I wandered off to the pool while my parents & older siblings were unpacking the car. I was fully dressed and walking around the parameters of the small, empty pool, like I was walking on a balance beam. I lost my balance and fell in. I didn't know how to swim. I distinctly remember being at the bottom of the deep end of the pool, very close to the drain. In a word, I was mesmerized. No sense of panic or danger whatsoever. I honestly thought I was swimming & completely unaware that my lungs were filling with water. So for those who have suggested that drowning is a silent killer, for young children, this is especially true. Thankfully for me, my mother very quickly realized that I had wandered off. She saw me at the bottom of the otherwise empty pool, and dove in to rescue me. I share my story to emphasize the randomness and unpredictability of accidents. My parents lost sight of me (one of 4 kids) for a brief moment. It could easily happen to any family in the chaos at the onset of any vacation, especially on a crowded cruise ship.

Needless to say, Chase's story has touched me in that, "there but the grace of God go I" sort of way. My heart goes out to him & his family and I, too, send out positive thoughts & prayers for healing & strength. I cannot imagine the pain they are going through.

To the poster who belittled the power of prayer, this is not a time for political correctness. If you did not agree with the tone of this thread (and clearly the title made its intent known) then why read or comment at all? Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #264
4DisneyNUTS
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Amazing post!!!

Our trips together since 1996 Dixie Landings.... Carribean Beach....Coronado Springs....Son's first trip.....Pop Century TWICE!...Purchased DVC....Disney Cruise Wonder...Saratoga Springs...Hilton Head...Saratoga Springs February 2005!...Sept 2005 Disney Wonder with Boardwalk Villas
UNIVERSAL May 2006 Stayed @ SSR baby!
1st trip to Disneyland Sept 2006 Grand Californian ...Universal August 2007 stayed at OKW .......Stayed at AKV Jambo House May 2009 baby Jason's first trip!
4DisneyNUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #265
4DisneyNUTS
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirty30 View Post
As a 4 year old child, I nearly drowned, and it is one of my most vivid early memories. My family was on vacation at a small resort. I wandered off to the pool while my parents & older siblings were unpacking the car. I was fully dressed and walking around the parameters of the small, empty pool, like I was walking on a balance beam. I lost my balance and fell in. I didn't know how to swim. I distinctly remember being at the bottom of the deep end of the pool, very close to the drain. In a word, I was mesmerized. No sense of panic or danger whatsoever. I honestly thought I was swimming & completely unaware that my lungs were filling with water. So for those who have suggested that drowning is a silent killer, for young children, this is especially true. Thankfully for me, my mother very quickly realized that I had wandered off. She saw me at the bottom of the otherwise empty pool, and dove in to rescue me. I share my story to emphasize the randomness and unpredictability of accidents. My parents lost sight of me (one of 4 kids) for a brief moment. It could easily happen to any family in the chaos at the onset of any vacation, especially on a crowded cruise ship.

Needless to say, Chase's story has touched me in that, "there but the grace of God go I" sort of way. My heart goes out to him & his family and I, too, send out positive thoughts & prayers for healing & strength. I cannot imagine the pain they are going through.

To the poster who belittled the power of prayer, this is not a time for political correctness. If you did not agree with the tone of this thread (and clearly the title made its intent known) then why read or comment at all? Just my 2 cents.
another amazing post!!! Thank God you are ok!!!

Our trips together since 1996 Dixie Landings.... Carribean Beach....Coronado Springs....Son's first trip.....Pop Century TWICE!...Purchased DVC....Disney Cruise Wonder...Saratoga Springs...Hilton Head...Saratoga Springs February 2005!...Sept 2005 Disney Wonder with Boardwalk Villas
UNIVERSAL May 2006 Stayed @ SSR baby!
1st trip to Disneyland Sept 2006 Grand Californian ...Universal August 2007 stayed at OKW .......Stayed at AKV Jambo House May 2009 baby Jason's first trip!
4DisneyNUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #266
Suz D
DIS Veteran

I don't want to continue the negativity, but I felt that I must comment on the believers, non-believers activity. If anyone is reading or has read any of the caring bridge entries, you would know that Chase's family believes strongly in the power of prayer and have asked for prayers from all those who believe likewise. I believe that by offering our prayers we are honoring his families wishes, encouraging, and uplifting them in this difficult time.
Suz D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #267
DesertGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz D View Post
I don't want to continue the negativity, but I felt that I must comment on the believers, non-believers activity. If anyone is reading or has read any of the caring bridge entries, you would know that Chase's family believes strongly in the power of prayer and have asked for prayers from all those who believe likewise. I believe that by offering our prayers we are honoring his families wishes, encouraging, and uplifting them in this difficult time.
I agree!!!! The family has asked for that one small thing from those who do believe.

It's very hard to see the negativity in these boards. The anonymity of the Internet obviously makes people overly comfortable and its sad that there are people that are so angry that they would be so hurtful and unkind when the life of a 4 year old hangs in the balance. I pray for this family every night and thank God they aren't exposed to the cruel comments

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Our dreams come true:
DS Alec 7
DD Olivia 5
DesertGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #268
Heyriddle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGal View Post

I agree!!!! The family has asked for that one small thing from those who do believe.

It's very hard to see the negativity in these boards. The anonymity of the Internet obviously makes people overly comfortable and its sad that there are people that are so angry that they would be so hurtful and unkind when the life of a 4 year old hangs in the balance. I pray for this family every night and thank God they aren't exposed to the cruel comments

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I was just saying this to my husband tonight. Our pastor's son died last week. Some people online have been downright cruel. Satan attacks those who are doing the work of the Lord. The Lykken family embraces God and I for one am praying for them.

2005 Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2008 Disney Wonder Bahamas Double Dip 4-Night
2011 Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 7-Night
Heyriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:05 AM   #269
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suz D View Post
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:10 AM   #270
trishy
いいいいい

I'm not religious, but darn it, if the Lykken family want prayers then I will do my utmost to provide what I can in the form of prayers to their God for Chase's recovery. They deserve that and so does their sweet precious little warrior! Sending prayers and positive thoughts for a miracle. I wish I could hug them.
10/11/14 Fantasy "Dodged the Bullet" Cruise (formerly known as daughter's Wedding Cruise) 11/04/12 Wonder 9/23/12 Wonder Pixar Cruise 1/10/09 Magic 10/21/07 Wonder DVC (Legends) Cruise 10/29/05 Magic Halloween Cruise 7/05/03 Magic "Tore my ACL" Cruise 7/06/02 Magic 7/07/01 Magic ...and various other nameless cruise lines...
trishy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: