Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #61
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

even though D looks tired, those are some very cute photos of him!
breakfast does look yummy! yay for a new bus!!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #62
AGPrincess
Princess at heart

Subbing! Can't wait to hear more about the WL - I love the Old Faithful Club. They have such tasty snacks, too!

Oh my goodness, I was APPALLED at how that curbside cast member treated you - that is terrible! I used to be a concierge/curbside cast member, and that is definitely not how a club level arrival should go, or any arrival. Glad that it didn't affect your day too much though.

Can't wait to hear about the cruise as well!
AGPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #63
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Hi I've read another trip report of yours so I was happy to see this one. It sounds like your family was off to a rocky start with that rude lady at the WL. I sure hope that was the last of the ugliness and the rest was pure magical.
Hi!! I remember you!! Thanks for coming along!! There is just a tiny bit more yuckiness (in tomorrow's update), but the rest is good. . .even when it's a little chaotic, it's good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
even though D looks tired, those are some very cute photos of him!
breakfast does look yummy! yay for a new bus!!
Awww, thanks!! And breakfast WAS yummy! I could eat some of those Mickey waffles right now!! Yep, you know my boy. . .SO excited about a new bus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGPrincess View Post
Subbing! Can't wait to hear more about the WL - I love the Old Faithful Club. They have such tasty snacks, too!

Oh my goodness, I was APPALLED at how that curbside cast member treated you - that is terrible! I used to be a concierge/curbside cast member, and that is definitely not how a club level arrival should go, or any arrival. Glad that it didn't affect your day too much though.

Can't wait to hear about the cruise as well!
Hi!! Thanks for joining!!

They really did have tasty snacks!! It was our first Club Level experience, and I really liked it! I could get used to that!

Yes, she was not what I had in my mind that the arrival should be! I do feel better knowing that that's not how most CL arrivals go!

We had a blast on the land part and on the cruise part!! I can't wait to share all of it with y'all!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #64
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Breakfast looks great! I sure hope that D was just sleepy. I'd hate to hear that he was sick for the trip.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:33 AM   #65
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Breakfast looks great! I sure hope that D was just sleepy. I'd hate to hear that he was sick for the trip.
Wellll. . .let's just say it ended up working out! And it so was a great breakfast. . .I could start my day that way every morning!

Have a totally terrific Thursday, everyone!! I will post another update tonight!
Old 04-11-2013, 06:17 AM   #66
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Yum, breakfast looks good!
I don't know much about kids, but I don't remember ever hearing one ask to go to bed! Poor D, hope he's feeling up to par soon!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #67
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I'm glad that you had such a good breakfast - and at a good price too! Your poor DS looks so tired (but still very cute ) I love the picture of him in bed with his buses

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #68
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Joining in
Old 04-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #69
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Yum, breakfast looks good!
I don't know much about kids, but I don't remember ever hearing one ask to go to bed! Poor D, hope he's feeling up to par soon!
It is definitely rare for him to EVER ask to go to bed! Even at night when I think he should!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I'm glad that you had such a good breakfast - and at a good price too! Your poor DS looks so tired (but still very cute ) I love the picture of him in bed with his buses
He carried those buses everywhere. Even now, one must accompany him every where he goes! I was definitely pleased by the breakfast and the price! I try to have everything paid off ahead of time, so it seems "free" when I go (yes, that's how my crazy mind works), so it was nice to get a good deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Joining in
Hi!!! Welcome! Thanks for joining!!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #70
StitchIsOurHero

Time to head back to Roaring Forks for a little lunch! I know some people don’t like Roaring Forks, but we’ve always gotten good food there. D was perked up some, so we went to get a table while Bri got the food.

Happier guy:

Brian got himself a roast beef sandwich with horseradish sauce, I got a pepperoni flatbread (how’s that for culinary adventure??), and D got the chicken and fries (I know you’re shocked!!).

A little more Disney food:

(How bad is it that D knew to hold his plate up for a food pic without being asked?? )

We were eating our lunch and having a good time, and all of a sudden (as Gaspard and Lisa on Disney Junior would say), “CATASTROPHE”. D was in the middle of telling me what all we would do that evening at DTD and promptly vomited ALL. OVER. EVERYTHING. It was all over our plates of food, all over himself, and all over the table. I guess it went on for 3-4 minutes. He was so upset because he thought he had made a mess.

Brian got him, and they went to the bathroom to clean up what they could. I was going to clean up the table. Luckily, it was still kind of early for lunch, so a whole crowd of people didn’t get to enjoy our experience. There were two college-aged CMs working in the dining room area of Roaring Forks. I asked them if they could get me a wet rag so I could clean the table. About 10 minutes later, they still hadn’t found one, so I just cleaned it all with paper towels, and then with wipes.

By that time, Brian and D had made their way back from the bathroom. Bri was laughing because another guest had come into the bathroom while they were in there, and D said, “Good morning”. The guy said, “Good morning!”. D said, “I threw up EVERYWHERE in that restaurant.” The guy said, “Wellll, ok. I guess that happens sometimes.” Bless that man’s heart. . .I’m not sure that’s the Disney update he wanted for the day!

Brian decided they would run upstairs and change D’s clothes and then come back and try to eat something else. They did that, but by the time they came back downstairs, Brian said, “You know, I don’t think I can sit here and eat anything.” Yep, I understand!

Come to find out, there had been a stomach bug going around the primary school (where D’s daycare is). Yep. Kids who had it were out of school for . . .wait for it. ..8 days!!! Once I heard that, I was really in a Momma Panic! I didn’t want him to be sick, and I certainly didn’t want him to be sick the whole time!

So, we headed back upstairs and I tried to wash out his clothes—I will go ahead and tell you that I ended up having to throw them away before we left. I hated to do that, but there was absolutely NO saving them. I also knew how bad the smell would be if they were in our hot car during the time we were on the cruise!!

After that, we took a little nap, hoping that would work its magic for D, and we could have a fun night ahead!

Next up: Downtown Disney Adventures!!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #71
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

Oh no...that poor little guy. At least he seemed to be in good spirits!!

My Blog: Have Budget Will Travel

Riles_and_Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #72
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Oh no!!! I hate sickness at WDW.. I got food poisoning when we stayed at AKL a few years ago and my mom ended up washing my clothes for me. She felt like they were okay being left at AKL and that if anyone really wanted to take them then that's okay too haha. They ended up being fine and problem solved. Sorry you had to toss them I'm assuming the sickness didn't last!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #73
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

I can completely relate. A very similar event occurred for our DS as well on our last day at Disney during our last trip - it'll be detailed near the end of my trip report. The scene of the crime was in front of the Tomorrowland Speedway. And we ended up throwing away his shirt as well.

Hope your D started feeling better soon.

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #74
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Ohhh no poor boy! How horrible! I can totally understand panicking when you heard others were out for 8 days. I hope D gets better and soon. What a total cutie.
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #75
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

It totally stinks when they get sick on vacation. Poor little man. Can't wait to read the rest of the story(channeling Paul Harvey)
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: