Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #46
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

After we got into our WL room, I called Bell Services for our luggage, while Brian took pics in the room. Here are a few:

Our Towel Mickey:

The really cute coat rack—I wish I had one of these at my house!!

And the tile in the bathroom that I LOVED!!

We really loved our room! I felt like it had a lot of space, and everything was so clean and nice! The only little thing was the vent in the bathroom was motion-activated so if you stepped in, it would come on, but then it would go off when you went to the potty. It freaked D out because it was sort of loud, and we really couldn’t predict what would make it come on!

I unpacked, and by that time, they were ready to go eat! So, off to Roaring Forks for breakfast we went!!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #47
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I'm here!!! Sorry I'm late! I also started mine as well I think I saw you when we were boarding on day one but I didn't want to say anything in case it wasn't you haha. We were in boarding group 6!
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 01:11 AM   #48
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

WOW. That lady sounds like a real (word not allowed by the DIS). I was horrified for you reading that! She should not be in the position of 'greeter' or any other in which she deals with real, live people. GRRRRR. I don't like her.

So glad that you room was ready! I hope that the rest of the morning helped you to destress and start to enjoy the vacation.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #49
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure if you remember me, but I did follow your PTR, so I have to follow your TR now!

- How awesome that your DH is a transpondster! I would use that Friends reference every chance that I got lol

- Double Tree resorts seem to have such amazing beds. Every one that I've stayed at is the same. Good to know that the one there is the same

- I cannot believe how rude that lady at WL was! That is unacceptable. There are many kids who get shy and want to hide their faces, and you would think that she would know that considering where she works.

- Great view at WL! We are hoping to stay there on our next trip, so I love seeing your pictures.

Looking forward to reading the rest

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #50
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

thanks Brooke, getting better each day! hope D like the photos and note!

love the details of the room!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #51
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

Wow...what a horrible lady. I wonder why they would give her such customer oriented job. I hope you didn't run into her again! I hate when someone catches you so off-guard like that and after I leave there a million things I wish I had said to them (If I was ever brave enough to say them ).

My Blog: Have Budget Will Travel

Riles_and_Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #52
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I'm all caught up too!! I can't believe that CM. I would have reported her or something. I know we all have not so great days working at WDW but NEVER should you say words like that..you never know who you are greeting and who works for who or is a relative of someone! You can also be audited all the time and not even know it! I would possibly write a letter or something to the GM of WL and see if you get any sort of response. A few years ago, I found bed bugs in a bed at a value and when speaking with the manager, he rose his voice to me and said his resort was clean and bug free and demanded I show him the bugs. I was appalled and wrote a letter to Disney about it and got a response!

I love the new changes of WL rooms One of my next stays will have to be CL there. I've stayed at all the resorts except AOA so now I'm going to tackle that and all the CL's eventually!

Can't wait till you get to your cruise portion too!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:33 AM   #53
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
WOW. That lady sounds like a real (word not allowed by the DIS). I was horrified for you reading that! She should not be in the position of 'greeter' or any other in which she deals with real, live people. GRRRRR. I don't like her.

So glad that you room was ready! I hope that the rest of the morning helped you to destress and start to enjoy the vacation.
Yep, she was not very magical at all!!! I was pretty stressed, but was SO glad that she just left us at the CL desk and disappeared!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I'm not sure if you remember me, but I did follow your PTR, so I have to follow your TR now!

- How awesome that your DH is a transpondster! I would use that Friends reference every chance that I got lol

- Double Tree resorts seem to have such amazing beds. Every one that I've stayed at is the same. Good to know that the one there is the same

- I cannot believe how rude that lady at WL was! That is unacceptable. There are many kids who get shy and want to hide their faces, and you would think that she would know that considering where she works.

- Great view at WL! We are hoping to stay there on our next trip, so I love seeing your pictures.

Looking forward to reading the rest
Hi!! I definitely remember you! I am following your PTR as well! Thanks for reading along!! I will have some more WL pics coming up soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
thanks Brooke, getting better each day! hope D like the photos and note!

love the details of the room!
So glad you are getting better!! Thanks again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riles_and_Gabe View Post
Wow...what a horrible lady. I wonder why they would give her such customer oriented job. I hope you didn't run into her again! I hate when someone catches you so off-guard like that and after I leave there a million things I wish I had said to them (If I was ever brave enough to say them ).
That's how I was! I was in a state of "I wish I had said. . ." for about 2 hours after she left!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I'm all caught up too!! I can't believe that CM. I would have reported her or something. I know we all have not so great days working at WDW but NEVER should you say words like that..you never know who you are greeting and who works for who or is a relative of someone! You can also be audited all the time and not even know it! I would possibly write a letter or something to the GM of WL and see if you get any sort of response. A few years ago, I found bed bugs in a bed at a value and when speaking with the manager, he rose his voice to me and said his resort was clean and bug free and demanded I show him the bugs. I was appalled and wrote a letter to Disney about it and got a response!

I love the new changes of WL rooms One of my next stays will have to be CL there. I've stayed at all the resorts except AOA so now I'm going to tackle that and all the CL's eventually!

Can't wait till you get to your cruise portion too!
I probably should have complained, but I just couldn't get up the nerve to go do it! If it happens again, though, I may not be as shocked, and I will probably complain!! The new WL rooms are terrific! Loved them!!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #54
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Hi! I'm a newbie to your reports. All caught up and ready for the rest!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #55
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

So bummed about your check-in experience. Check-in is one of my favorite parts and it definitely should not have gone the way it did. I think you must have tons of patience. I would have lasted about 1 minute with that lady. You may want to consider sending an email especially if it still bothers you even now that you are home. It's important that management gets the feedback so they can make what sounds like are some much needed changes.

Congrats on the view and the awesome room. Can't wait to read more!
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #56
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure how, but I missed the update for the check-in.

That CM may need to be reassigned to say the least. Didn't really demonstrate the proper way to interact with young children. Not to mention her rudeness. Sometimes, you just have to give a young child some space and not try to push your own agenda on to them. It never works.

I'm glad to hear that the rest of the check-in went well though.

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #57
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post

I probably should have complained, but I just couldn't get up the nerve to go do it! If it happens again, though, I may not be as shocked, and I will probably complain!! The new WL rooms are terrific! Loved them!!
you really should let them know about her lack of customer service and total rudeness! even if you don't remember her name, how many other CM's were working the CL that day, she should be written up!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #58
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Hi! I'm a newbie to your reports. All caught up and ready for the rest!
Hi!! Welcome aboard!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
So bummed about your check-in experience. Check-in is one of my favorite parts and it definitely should not have gone the way it did. I think you must have tons of patience. I would have lasted about 1 minute with that lady. You may want to consider sending an email especially if it still bothers you even now that you are home. It's important that management gets the feedback so they can make what sounds like are some much needed changes.

Congrats on the view and the awesome room. Can't wait to read more!
Oh, sadly, I don't have tons of patience!! I think I was just shocked and trying to get out of there. I may send an email soon. . .everyone else we encountered was wonderful, so I want to brag on them as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
I'm not sure how, but I missed the update for the check-in.

That CM may need to be reassigned to say the least. Didn't really demonstrate the proper way to interact with young children. Not to mention her rudeness. Sometimes, you just have to give a young child some space and not try to push your own agenda on to them. It never works.

I'm glad to hear that the rest of the check-in went well though.
Yikes!! Missing updates? Can't have that!! That's what I thought about the kids too--I even said to Brian, "If I talked to my high schoolers like that, they'd make me go somewhere else!" She just could've had an off day, but I would definitely ask for someone else if I showed up to check in again and she was my person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
you really should let them know about her lack of customer service and total rudeness! even if you don't remember her name, how many other CM's were working the CL that day, she should be written up!
You all have made me feel better about all of this! I do remember her name, and I feel less crazy for being bothered by it!!

Ok, another update coming below, and then I'll update again tomorrow!!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #59
StitchIsOurHero

I have to start this by saying I LOVE Roaring Forks!! It really is one of my favorite resort counter services!! We headed down to get our breakfast (and of course, pick up our mugs!). Even though we had the DxDP, this was an OOP breakfast for us—we had actually intended to be eating somewhere while traveling. As we walked through the lobby, I went outside, found Joe, and gave him his well-deserved tip! Too bad I couldn’t find that original woman so she could rest easy that I’d done it!

Here are my guys on their way:

Waiting on Brian to get the food:

You can see that D was still dragging, even then.

I got Mickey waffles, D got pancakes, and Brian got the bounty platter. It was only about $20-25 for all 3 of us, so I was pleased with that!

Some Disney yummy food goodness:

As you can see, D didn’t even perk up at that point. We finished our breakfast and headed back to the room for a little bit to see if we could wake up poor D. Of course, we had to make a stop at The Mercantile to buy. . .wait for it. . .a new set of Disney Buses! That purchase made, it was back up the elevator to the 7th floor!

We asked D what he wanted to do, and his answer was “get in the bed”. That was the point that I realized something really was wrong (yes, it took a while to get there!). He put himself in the bed with his buses, and he was asleep within just a few minutes (never, ever, ever does he take a nap in the morning!).

Brian and I answered emails and phone calls from our work for about 1 ˝ hours. Not too bad to do work while you can look at the monorail!!

D finally woke back up about 11:30, and he seemed ready to go! My “Momma Worry” was down a little at this point.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #60
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Hi I've read another trip report of yours so I was happy to see this one. It sounds like your family was off to a rocky start with that rude lady at the WL. I sure hope that was the last of the ugliness and the rest was pure magical.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: