Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #31
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

The DoubleTree Suites!

D & I waited in the car while Brian checked us in. It seemed like it took a little while, but we passed the time by watching people coming back in from an evening at Downtown Disney! D was bouncing in his seat waiting to go in!

Brian finally came out with our key, and we parked and took in the stuff we needed for that night. It was a really pretty room. . .I didn’t know what to expect, but I wasn’t really worried about it since we were just there for the one night.

It had a living room/kitchen area:

And a separate bedroom/bathroom area:

D grabbed the remote and made himself right at home on the bed!

I thought the room was cute, but the highlight was this cute little card on the bed. I’m assuming they do one for every day of the week, but being the Disney dork I am, I kept ours!

Brian ran down and got us some coffee, milk, and diet coke, and we wound down the evening by watching “Good Luck, Charlie”! Our plans at that point were to get up and go to breakfast at the Doubletree, and then be on our way to Walt Disney World!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #32
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

This update totally reminded me of our last trip and how we also ended up with a bonus day at the last minute as well so we had to make an impromptu hotel ressie in Downtown Disney! We ended up staying at the Wyndham.

Love how your DS' Mickey pillow keeps making it into the pictures!

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #33
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

What a cute sweetie you have on that bed!!

Love the pillow!!

How neat of the hotel to leave a note like that! Love it!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #34
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Somehow I got behind. Excellent choice for dinner. Being from Atlanta we are huge chick-fil-a lovers. So glad you liked the Doubletree. As you know it is our go to hotel for the first night! Can't wait to hear how breakfast was.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #35
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Love that Winnie the Pooh card! How cute!

We love Good Luck Charlie! It's definitely my favorite of the Disney Channel shows
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #36
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
This update totally reminded me of our last trip and how we also ended up with a bonus day at the last minute as well so we had to make an impromptu hotel ressie in Downtown Disney! We ended up staying at the Wyndham.

Love how your DS' Mickey pillow keeps making it into the pictures!
It made me think of your trip report about that too!! Yep, that pillow is gonna be famous by the time this TR is over!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
What a cute sweetie you have on that bed!!

Love the pillow!!

How neat of the hotel to leave a note like that! Love it!
Aww, thanks! He's definitely a mess! I thought that note was neat too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
Somehow I got behind. Excellent choice for dinner. Being from Atlanta we are huge chick-fil-a lovers. So glad you liked the Doubletree. As you know it is our go to hotel for the first night! Can't wait to hear how breakfast was.
Chick-Fil-A is always the way to go around here! The DoubleTree, I have to admit, was booked on your PTR recommendation! I was so glad I had read it. . .we really enjoyed the room!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Love that Winnie the Pooh card! How cute!

We love Good Luck Charlie! It's definitely my favorite of the Disney Channel shows
I thought it was definitely cute!! Isn't Good Luck Charlie great? Sometimes Brian and I think we *are* Bob and Amy! I think they might sneak into my house and film our conversations!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:25 PM   #37
StitchIsOurHero

After a restful night at Doubletree (seriously comfy bed!!), I got up early, got ready, and packed up what I could. By the time I finished, the guys were waking up. We had originally planned to eat breakfast there, but it was only like 7:45, so we decided that instead, we’d go to Wilderness Lodge, check in, and eat at Roaring Forks. We didn’t think our room would be ready, but we knew at least we’d BE there, and would have one less move after eating.

D was really draggy that morning. He got dressed, but he just wanted to lie around. Looking back on it, I should’ve been more concerned about that, but I thought he was just tired from the drive. See his poor, pitiful, tired self?

We loaded up the car pretty quickly, and headed out. In just a very few minutes, we were seeing this:

And then this!

D was SO stinkin’ excited!! And so were we!!

Next up: Arriving at the Wilderness Lodge—our first time checking into Club Level! OR. . .the day I almost had my first magical meltdown!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #38
MEK
DIS Veteran

Your room at the DoubleTree looks quite nice.

DS looks fine, but I am sensing that there is trouble ahead. Poor little guy! I hope he doesn't get sick. Either way I know there is an un-magical meltdown involved so I will stay tuned!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #39
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

I sense some foreshadowing. Hoping your little one wasn't sick during the trip. Looking forward to reading more about the trip!!

My Blog: Have Budget Will Travel

Riles_and_Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:28 AM   #40
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Love seeing the 'gate' of Wilderness Lodge. I'll never get over how wonderfully Disney does their themeing.

Oh no! I sure hope little man wasn't getting sick!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #41
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Your room at the DoubleTree looks quite nice.

DS looks fine, but I am sensing that there is trouble ahead. Poor little guy! I hope he doesn't get sick. Either way I know there is an un-magical meltdown involved so I will stay tuned!
The room was definitely nice!! Yep, stay tuned for the next update coming in few minutes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riles_and_Gabe View Post
I sense some foreshadowing. Hoping your little one wasn't sick during the trip. Looking forward to reading more about the trip!!
Definitely some foreshadowing! Coming up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Love seeing the 'gate' of Wilderness Lodge. I'll never get over how wonderfully Disney does their themeing.

Oh no! I sure hope little man wasn't getting sick!
I know--all of Disney's themeing is so terrific and immersing!! I love it!! Oh yes. . .you can see it coming, can't you??

Another update coming right up! Thanks again for reading along!!
Old 04-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #42
StitchIsOurHero

We arrived at Wilderness Lodge about 8:15-8:30. It was such a pretty day, and I was so excited, because I knew there were some non-pretty ones in the forecast!

Now, I am a little “detail-oriented”. . .that’s the nice word! I had already put our cash for the bellhop/luggage-helper and for the valet back before the trip. So on that morning, I handed Brian some money and reminded him that it was to give to that person when we arrived.

When we pulled in, a nice guy named Joe came up to help us with our luggage. The first thing he said was, “I will not be the person who brings your luggage to your room, but I will help you with it now.” No problem. Brian and I have a system. . .he handles the luggage, and I get D out of the car and get ready to go in and check us in. Brian and Joe were doing just that, and D and I got out of the car.

Up walked a nice lady in a lovely “costume” (I didn’t realize that it was a Club Level person at that time). She wasn’t smiley, but that’s ok. . .I was smiley enough for both of us.

Only, remember draggy D? Well, draggy D became shy D. She started talking to him, and he decided to hide his face. I said, “I’m sorry, I guess he’s feeling shy today”. Well, about that point, Joe walked up with the actual luggage cart. That was the only time D would react to anything. He looked at me and said, “Momma, I could ride on that!”, but he said it quietly. I said, “No, they won’t let you ride on that, buddy!” For some reason, that became the lady’s target. She got down on his level and said, “That’s a NO-NO. Do you understand me? That’s a NO-NO. That’s a RULE, and we don’t like people who don’t follow the RULES.” I said, “Ma’am, I would never let him do that, he understands.” By that point, D was having NOTHING to do with this woman. He had completely buried his head in my knee. I couldn’t say I blamed him—I was wondering if I could get by with the same thing.

At this point, Brian is still unloading the car, and while I am trying to keep D going and talk to this lady, Brian is trying to figure out what comes out of the car and what stays in, and it’s a three-ring circus. Brian hands me the stroller, and D immediately pulls his face up and says, “Can I get in my stroller, PLEASE?” That never happens. He would rather stay out of it than anything! At the same time, Brian handed him his George. (Curious George). I put D and George in the stroller, while still trying to make small talk because the lady was NOT taking us in until Brian could come too (her decision). She leaned down again, into D’s stroller, and said, “Who is that? Who is that monkey?” D just closed his eyes. I know he shouldn’t have, but he did. She popped back up and said, “WHAT is WRONG with him? He is just REFUSING to talk to me.” I said, “I’m sorry. We drove down yesterday, and I think he’s tired.” She just rolled her eyes and hmphed, with the “you may be the worst parent in the world” face.

By that time, I turned around to check on Brian because I was ready to get the heck out of Dodge. He was putting the last bag out. Well, as soon as he did, Joe disappeared. I mean, just disappeared. Brian was on one side of the car, and Joe wasn’t there anymore and neither was our luggage or our cart. Brian gave me this funny look like, “How can I give him the tip money, he’s gone?” I just sort of shrugged because he didn’t know what was going on with the lady. I thought we’d just come back and tip the guy when this was all worked out. Brian finally just walked over to us and said, “Well, I guess we’re ready to go up?” The lady turned to me, made this face, and said, “You know, I guess you don’t know this, but you really SHOULD have given him a tip.” I thought, “where did he go?” I guess I was supposed to tip him BEFORE he helped, but I didn’t. We’ve always tipped when they were finished. I was, however, floored that she stopped and said that and in a tone like I was from Stupid School and she needed to educate me, and after the way the whole D interaction had gone, I was just ready to get upstairs. I just said, “Could we just go up please?” I just was hoping for a more magical greeting than that, and I was muchly stressed. My long-planned trip was not kicking off like I thought!!

But ANYWAY. . .we finally got upstairs, and the lady left us at the OFC Check-In and took off. I was still a little shaken up because of all of that, and poor D was already asleep in the stroller.

Fran was our check-in guy, and he was great! He said our room was ready (YAY!!), and then said, “You wanted bunk beds, right?” Well, I hadn’t, and he must have noticed the look on my face, so he said, “No worries! I’ll switch it!” We got switched, and off we went! We even got our little “welcome chocolate” since I guess the other room was already ready and we weren’t going there. The good thing, though, was that there was a family who wanted bunk beds and hadn’t been able to get them (arriving that afternoon), so now they did! Love when the Disney Magic works out like that!

A little Disney “Welcome”:

Fran walked us down the hall, showing us the lounge and everything. D slept through most all of it.

A view of the lobby on our walk:

Woohoooo!! We were in our room by 9 am! When Fran had switched our room, he told us that we had a “pretty good view”. Now, just a little reminder. . .D thinks the most fabulous, BEST part of a Disney vacation are the buses and monorails. Seriously, we could do only that and he would be just as happy! So, imagine our excitement when we opened the curtain, stepped on the balcony and could see the monorail from our room!! Yes, we could also see the Contemporary (or as D calls it, “Disney’s ContempoTown Resort”) and Cinderella’s Castle (off to the left), but being able to see the monorail was easily the best part!

We were so excited to have finally arrived and to be ready to go get some breakfast!
Old 04-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #43
BridgetR3
DIS Veteran

Wow! I definitely would have said something about the lady that helped you get to CL at the Wilderness Lodge. Well I probably would have said something to her as well as to a manager but that's just me. No one should say something like that to a child, especially one who is under control and listening. Geez....... And how rude of her to tell you about tipping. You were a very patient person not to say anything back.

I'm glad it seems that your experience is beginning to get a little better.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #44
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

I here ....finally...

happy your trip down went well, the hotel looks nice!
OMG I would of been biting my tongue with that woman Brooke, how can anyone be that rude, especially to a child hope you said something about her to the manager!

great the next CM was so much nicer! and woo-hoo for getting to see the monorail, know D must of been one happy little guy! the chocolates look yummy!

btw - will be starting my TR on Wed...mailing the cars photos I told you about to D today!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #45
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgetR3 View Post
Wow! I definitely would have said something about the lady that helped you get to CL at the Wilderness Lodge. Well I probably would have said something to her as well as to a manager but that's just me. No one should say something like that to a child, especially one who is under control and listening. Geez....... And how rude of her to tell you about tipping. You were a very patient person not to say anything back.

I'm glad it seems that your experience is beginning to get a little better.
She totally stressed me out!! I was stressed just writing that update, and I thought, "I hope people don't think I was being a total crapweasel!" Glad I wasn't totally overreacting. I was just so glad to see her disappear when we got upstairs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
I here ....finally...

happy your trip down went well, the hotel looks nice!
OMG I would of been biting my tongue with that woman Brooke, how can anyone be that rude, especially to a child hope you said something about her to the manager!

great the next CM was so much nicer! and woo-hoo for getting to see the monorail, know D must of been one happy little guy! the chocolates look yummy!

btw - will be starting my TR on Wed...mailing the cars photos I told you about to D today!
SO glad you're here!!! Yep, I was biting my tongue. . .pretty much bit it in two! You know D was THRILLED that "his" monorail was outside!!

Can't wait to read your TR! Hope you are feeling better and that Megan had a rockin' birthday!!

Thanks so much for the photos!! He will LOVE it!!

Another update in next post!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: