Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #286
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

Bummer that you did not get the traditional sail away party. A storm at sea my worst phobia . I love the backpack! Awesome that you got three of them. The porthole looks very relaxing. It is much bigger than I would have expected. Great idea with the gift baskets. Looks like the boys are all set for Pirate night.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #287
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

What wonderful pictures!!! DF and I got he same chip and dale pic!!! Seeing your pic and reliving mine makes me want to go again asap!!! lol. DF and I are considering a 7 day Fantasy cruise for our Disneymoon if we don't want to shell out the $$$ for Aulani..tough choice either way!!
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #288
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
Bummer that you did not get the traditional sail away party. A storm at sea my worst phobia . I love the backpack! Awesome that you got three of them. The porthole looks very relaxing. It is much bigger than I would have expected. Great idea with the gift baskets. Looks like the boys are all set for Pirate night.
The storm was definitely scary!! D thought it was fun to watch the rain, but didn't grasp the severity of the storm! I loved those backpacks--we are gonna get serious use out of them! I didn't realize how huge the porthole would be. . .they were terrific! Glad we got them instead of the verandah. I would've spent the whole time with a verandah telling D to close the door because he'd want to go repeatedly in and out! The gift baskets turned out well! I am hoping to do something similar for our upcoming WDW trip, but I may pack them myself just from things I can get together here. They were a great surprise for the cruise, though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
What wonderful pictures!!! DF and I got he same chip and dale pic!!! Seeing your pic and reliving mine makes me want to go again asap!!! lol. DF and I are considering a 7 day Fantasy cruise for our Disneymoon if we don't want to shell out the $$$ for Aulani..tough choice either way!!
Your TR does the same for me--makes me want to go again RIGHT NOW!! How cool that you got the same Chip and Dale pic--wasn't it awesome??
We actually booked a 7-day Fantasy while onboard, but we ended up changing it to a 4-night Dream because we could get the same stateroom we had this time. I would be torn between that and Aulani! We hope to get to Aulani for our 20th anniversary in 2019 (yes, I like to plan WAY in advance!)

Update coming below!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #289
StitchIsOurHero

Main Dining, so our dinner was at 5:45. I had looked over the Navigator, and I knew there were several picture opportunities that evening that I wanted to take advantage of!

Ok. . .a little side story here. You know how I said I knew I was buying the CD and prints? Well, I did that on the first night. On the final evening (before we disembarked the next morning), I picked up the prints. 162 of them!! We picked up our CD the next morning. . .I just got it from the CM and we left. When we got home, I put it in the laptop and WAIT. . .those pics aren’t us. They are someone else entirely. So, long story short (and it was a LONG drawn-out drama), I got 2 more CDs from Shutters with our pics on them by the middle of May. They tried to reconstruct everything on them, but it says “April” instead of “March”. I’m ok with that—I was just glad to get them. We only got about 130 of the 162 on the CD—most of the ones we are missing are from the first night. Moral of the Story (and the guy I talked to at the picture company did NOT seem to want to do this): CHECK YOUR CD BEFORE YOU GET OFF THE SHIP. I know it might be a pain to pull a laptop out or to ask to check it, but check it! 

Now. . .back to this. We headed down to Shutters to do the purchasing of the CD. They weren’t open yet, but I didn’t know that. As we walked into that area, who did we spot? Only one of my FAVORITE princesses ever!! TIANA!! So, D and I had to get a pic!

Then, we came around to the Main Atrium, and there was CAPTAIN MICKEY!! I mean, for someone who is a pic-aholic like me, this was AWESOME!!

About that time, Andrew and Victoria were setting up in the atrium. Andrew and Victoria were a singing duo who performed 3 of the 4 nights. D took one look at Victoria and was in LOVE. That was it. We HAD to be where she was, whenever she performed.

So, we drug him away, and it was off to Enchanted Garden for dinner!
Old 07-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #290
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran

Great updates! That was a bummer that the Sail Away Party was held inside. I'm sure it would be very loud inside - I don't blame you for doing your own sail away party in your room AND you had that great porthole to look out of as you pulled out of port.

OMG! My worse nightmare come true - the wrong pictures on your CD from Shutters. Thanks for the tip on checking the CD before you leave the ship. I will remember that and do it if we decide to purchase the CD.

Upcoming Trips:
Beach Club ~ June 27-June 30, 2015/Polynesian Village ~ June 30-July 6, 2015
Disney Fantasy: 7-night Western ~ November 28-December 5, 2015
Past Trips:
* Polynesian ~ August, 2014 *
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *
disny_luvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #291
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by disny_luvr View Post
Great updates! That was a bummer that the Sail Away Party was held inside. I'm sure it would be very loud inside - I don't blame you for doing your own sail away party in your room AND you had that great porthole to look out of as you pulled out of port.

OMG! My worse nightmare come true - the wrong pictures on your CD from Shutters. Thanks for the tip on checking the CD before you leave the ship. I will remember that and do it if we decide to purchase the CD.
Yeah, the porthole was wonderful!! Definitely beat all of the noise!

I was SO stressed about that CD!!!! And it took FOREVER to get the problem resolved. . .only after they sent one CD with only 90 something of the pics, and I wrote a complaint email, and then they just sent about 40 more (I would assume the others had been deleted by that time). It took 2 months to get it fixed. Buying the CD, to me, was worth it for the value, but I will definitely check it every time!

Update coming below!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #292
StitchIsOurHero

As I told you before, dinner that night for us was in Enchanted Garden. We got there right at 5:45, and there was no line, but there were quite a few people who had already been seated. They took us to our beautiful table. ..right by the window!

At the time we got to the table, there were glasses there for us, as well as a cup of ice water with a lid and “Welcome, Dalton!” written on it! Too cute! D, on the other hand, was feeling the effects of the very early morning and no nap. He was not having his finest hour, but he was hanging in.

We met our server—his name was Z and he was from Croatia. We also met Alex, our assistant server. I am not sure where he was from. Z was very outgoing and very friendly. Alex was a little more reserved, so I decided my goal was to bring him out of his shell!

This was the menu that I liked the least. I didn’t know what to order. I am allergic to garlic, and a lot of the stuff had garlic in it or it was just something I didn’t think I would enjoy. I looked on AllEars to remember what all we ate, but the menu we had was a little bit different, I think.

I had the Vegetable Spring Roll for an appetizer, and Brian had the Ahi Tuna Tower. D wasn’t much into any of the appetizers (he really wasn’t into the whole meal thing), but he asked Z for some crackers, and boy did Z come through! I guess he brought him a plate of 30-40 crackers!

I also had the romaine wedge (great dressing!) and Brian had the carrot soup. For entrees, I just ordered the plain grilled chicken breast and baked potato (from the light offerings side). Brian had Sea Bass. He said it was very good! He also had a ravioli type thing that looked good! Here are some lovely Enchanted Garden Dinner photos:

I thought I got everything, but I think I missed some stuff.

Toward the end of the meal, our head server came by. His name was Selo (as he said, “like Jello with an S”) and he was terrific! I loved him! He mentioned that he had noticed I ordered the “plain” food. I explained that I hadn’t seen anything on the menu that looked like I would love it. He said he understood, but that if I wanted to branch out, they would either get me stuff from other menus or take the plain food and “kick it up a notch”! Love that customer service!

At the end of dinner, Brian and I both had the Bananas Foster sundae, and D had vanilla ice cream!

I got another pic of the fountain on the way out! I was glad our first meal went well!

I probably should’ve let D call it a night at that point (even though it was early), but I wanted to take some character pics. We went over to have pictures made with DCL Minnie (you’ll just have to take my word for it, since this is one I don’t have the digital file for). D kicked back in the windows as we waited in line!

We also had some family pics made with the white background. I love them, but again,they are not on the CD. Oxsana was the one who took those, and we LOVED her! She was great with D!

Then, D realized Victoria was performing in the atrium, so off we went! I think he caught his second wind, and he was all about the dancing!

We went back to the room after that and Brian changed into comfy shoes. We headed off to the Walt Disney Theater to see the Golden Mickeys!

A CM outside of the theater took this family pic for us!

The show was really, really good, and I was glad we went to see it! D, however, was exhausted. He fell asleep about ¾ of the way through, and woke up just as it was over!

We ran through the shops really quick and came back to the room. Layli had fixed D’s bed so cute! We also had a towel swan and a little pirate box from DVC. . .it had an awesome pin in it! Yay!!

We also started D’s favorite part of the trip. . .ORDERING ROOM SERVICE!! I got coffee, some diet coke and a Mickey bar for Brian, and cookies and milk for D. D thought that was the COOLEST THING EVER. He still talks about it!

After room service, showers, and watching some old Disney shows, we were off to DreamLand!! My plan at that point was to get up early the next morning and get ready to hit Nassau! Would we do it??
Old 07-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #293
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #294
dspruell
Earning My Ears

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Love the pictures! Helps feed my Disney addiction until my trip in December!
dspruell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #295
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Dinner looks really yummy, and the customer service sounds wonderful! I love all the pics, glad D got his second wind and did some dancing!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #296
jwgm2012
Geaux Saints!

Just got caught up on your trip... absolutely great updates! Sarcasm is my 2nd language and I love how you throw it in occasionally! D is adorable and such a ham!

Can't wait to read the rest!

gina

June 2012 - Our First Semi-Blended Family Trip - CSR
December 2012 - DBF and I's First Ever Disney Christmas
June 2013 - Celebrating DD's 15th Birthday - OKW
November 2014 - DBF and I Celebrating My Big 4-0 at AULANI!!
jwgm2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:34 AM   #297
StitchIsOurHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspruell View Post
Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Love the pictures! Helps feed my Disney addiction until my trip in December!
That's what I love about trip reports. . .they keep me "there" even when I'm not!! Thanks for reading along!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Dinner looks really yummy, and the customer service sounds wonderful! I love all the pics, glad D got his second wind and did some dancing!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thanks!! The service was terrific! D was definitely rocking it out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwgm2012 View Post
Just got caught up on your trip... absolutely great updates! Sarcasm is my 2nd language and I love how you throw it in occasionally! D is adorable and such a ham!

Can't wait to read the rest!

gina
Hi! Welcome aboard!! Thanks for the compliments. . .and yep, sarcasm is definitely a native tongue to me! Glad to have you along!

Ok, y'all, today is my first day at my new job. Any prayers, pixie dust, or positive thoughts would be greatly appreciated!! More trip report updates will probably be on Sunday! As always, thanks for reading!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #298
disny_luvr
DIS Veteran

Great update! I think the food looks delicious. My boys are very picky but I'm hopeful DCL will be accommodating. Glad you ordered room service. We plan on doing that too.

I love how D has a "crush" on Victoria. So cute!

Good luck with your new job. What are you going to be doing?

Upcoming Trips:
Beach Club ~ June 27-June 30, 2015/Polynesian Village ~ June 30-July 6, 2015
Disney Fantasy: 7-night Western ~ November 28-December 5, 2015
Past Trips:
* Polynesian ~ August, 2014 *
* Disney Fantasy: 7-night Eastern ~ November/December, 2013 * Disney Magic: 2-night Cruise ~ August, 2012 * Beach Club Villas ~ June, 2012 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November/December, 2010 * POP/CBR ~ May, 2009 * Wilderness Lodge ~ November, 2004 * Dixie Landings ~ April, 1996 * CBR ~ June, 1991 * Fort Wilderness ~ June, 1984 *

Last edited by disny_luvr; 07-20-2013 at 02:27 PM.
disny_luvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #299
courtneybelle
What foolishness would you like to see?

Oh my gosh, the dancing pictures are so adorable! I'm melting!

Good luck at the new job! Pixie dust coming your way!
courtneybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #300
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
Ok, y'all, today is my first day at my new job. Any prayers, pixie dust, or positive thoughts would be greatly appreciated!! More trip report updates will probably be on Sunday! As always, thanks for reading!
I'm a little late for your first day, but I do wish you luck at your new job!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: