Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #31
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra

Exactly! Why would we try a crappy restaurant again when there are other places that we know are darn good? Where we live you can get amazing, authentic Italian food 7 days a week. Being raised by an Argentinian mom with Italian roots myself, I learned to cook authentically as well. So we eat delicious food at home too lol! We really don't gamble on Italian food on vacation too often. And we did that in 2005. yes folks, Tony's was awful even back then. We tried Tony's, table for 2 for lunch. I had spaghetti and meatballs and my ex had chicken parm with spaghetti. The spaghetti was hard, box spaghetti and the sauce was barely edible. It tasted like pure tomato paste. Soo acidic. The meatbals were mediocre at best, same with the chicken. Service was horrible. We said we would never go back. No need to! To each his own :-)
8 years? Seriously? You're not helping anyone.
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #32
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra

Exactly! Why would we try a crappy restaurant again when there are other places that we know are darn good? Where we live you can get amazing, authentic Italian food 7 days a week. Being raised by an Argentinian mom with Italian roots myself, I learned to cook authentically as well. So we eat delicious food at home too lol! We really don't gamble on Italian food on vacation too often. And we did that in 2005. yes folks, Tony's was awful even back then. We tried Tony's, table for 2 for lunch. I had spaghetti and meatballs and my ex had chicken parm with spaghetti. The spaghetti was hard, box spaghetti and the sauce was barely edible. It tasted like pure tomato paste. Soo acidic. The meatbals were mediocre at best, same with the chicken. Service was horrible. We said we would never go back. No need to! To each his own :-)
and sorry to call you out but you haven't been so negative in the past even saying you could see how it works for families after a long day in the parks. That's why it's better to read reviews on tripadvisor. People here suffer from a mob mentality. It's cool to hate Tony's right now so that's what people do.
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #33
RichmondTiggerFan
Favorites: Splash Mountain, FOTLK, Tigger!, Chip & Dale!, and Timon!!

Location: Native Kentuckian in the Capital of the Old Dominion

I've never been there, but the March 3rd, 2008 episode of Dis Unplugged told me all I need to know about Tony's.
6/88 Offsite - 10/93 Dixie Landings(Now Port Orleans Riverside) - 6/97 Port Orleans(before they tacked on 'French Quarter') - 5/99 AS Sports - 5/01 POFQ - 2/03 AS Sports - 6/03 AS Music - 5/04 AS Sports - 9/04 AS Sports - 5/05 AS Sports - 9/06 AS Sports - 10/07 POFQ - 03/08 POFQ - 08/08 POR - 11/08 POR - 02/09 POR - 05/09-06/09 Wilderness Lodge - 10/09 POFQ - 3/10 AKL - 5/10 AKL - 7/10 POR - 10/10 AKL - 3/11 AKL - 10/11 POP - Next Trip ????

My Splash Mountain tally: 302 times
RichmondTiggerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #34
NoSoup4U
I am Art Vandelay

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine

and sorry to call you out but you haven't been so negative in the past even saying you could see how it works for families after a long day in the parks. That's why it's better to read reviews on tripadvisor. People here suffer from a mob mentality. It's cool to hate Tony's right now so that's what people do.
Wow. You need to get over it already. Many people think Tonys is garbage. Its not about being cool. Their food is horrible!!!!! Our opinions! If you like it good for you. But dont go around posting about how we're only saying it sucks cause its cool. Sorry but thats pathetic.
NoSoup4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #35
mad madam mim78
DIS Veteran

I'll be in the minority here and say I love Tony's! Been twice and I love the food and atmosphere. The chicken Parmesan is so juicy and tender. I'm one of those people that will not eat any of the fatty nasty pieces of chicken so I always go through and cut up the entire piece of chicken looking for yucky bits. Both times the chicken breast was perfect throughout. I was amazed! Love the Parmesan bread appetizer. I personally like that the red sauce is more tomato than sauce. The noodles were perfect consistency. I just have nothing bad to say. Well......one time I didn't care for how our server looked I guess. She looked like a scullery maid. I know their uniforms don't help but she looked terrible. Service was still good though. It is sure to be a tradition for my family.
mad madam mim78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #36
MyPrinceWillCome
Mouseketeer

My friend got food poisoning from their meatballs a few years back. She spent the entire next day of our vacation, either in bed or on her knees in front of the toilet. I haven't been back since.
MyPrinceWillCome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #37
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine

What are you even talking about? I have posted many times about OUR experience at Tony's. Our experience has never changed. I have no idea what you're talking about families after a long day in the parks lol. The food was hard and horrible and we have no reason to go back ever. Has nothing to do with the dis lol. In fact we went there before I was even on the dis. I knew about the lady and the tramp theme and wanted to try it.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #38
MermaidMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfggirl5454 View Post
I've been several times, usually with the plan of sitting outside to enjoy the parade. For what it's worth, as long as I've been going, they've never allowed inside guests to watch outside, as standing people always block the outside guests' view and can get in the servers' way. Management usually politely asks the other people to return to their tables.
Quick question about the parade and Tony's: Can you see the afternoon parade from inside the restaurant? Another website recommended eating there to see the parade, and said that even inside you can see most of the parade. We're going at the end of August, and really didn't want to sit outside in the heat for the parade, but I wouldn't go to Tony's otherwise. I know it won't be an unobstructed view, but I was just wondering if you can see enough to make it worth it.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #39
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie18
Tony's is by far the worst meal we have ever had in WDW from the service to the food being cold and awful.
Ditto that. Did it on our first trip in 2008, and just. Can't. Go. Back.....gak.

I know the hallmark of Disney dining is inconsistency, but this is the only place I haven't been able to give a second chance.
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #40
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

It was just ok not anything special. Will not be back. We like LTT better

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Hoop Dee Doo Strawberry Shortcake recipe & review!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #41
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

We used to love Tony's. It was one of our better meals on our trip in 2005. When we went there in 2006, it was ok, but not nearly as great as we remembered. We went again in 2008, and it was terrible. The food was bad, and so was the service so we haven't returned and won't for awhile.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #42
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Tony's food was so bad several years ago I haven't been back. I don't remember the service at all. And yes there are places at WDW where I don't mind paying WDW prices for what I get. Tony's is not one of them.

Quote:
Can you see the afternoon parade from inside the restaurant?
If you can see from inside the restaurant, you'd probably have to be right up against the window, and even then you probably wouldn't see much.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 04-02-2013 at 12:52 PM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #43
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto View Post
Gone downhill lately? Omg thats an understatement! Tony's is HORRID! Awful awful food. I went a couple of years ago, NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN. I'd even feel terrible recommending it to my worst enemy.
That's going a little overboard.

I would definitely recommend it to my worst enemy.
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #44
book_junkie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermaidMommy View Post
Quick question about the parade and Tony's: Can you see the afternoon parade from inside the restaurant? Another website recommended eating there to see the parade, and said that even inside you can see most of the parade. We're going at the end of August, and really didn't want to sit outside in the heat for the parade, but I wouldn't go to Tony's otherwise. I know it won't be an unobstructed view, but I was just wondering if you can see enough to make it worth it.
Nope, you have to be outside on the patio, and if you're inside they won't let you move up to the patio. I haven't tried it in August, but there are fans in the ceiling. It was nice (and even chilly) in October when we've gone for the evening parades.

Past Trips: Nov-Dec 20130; May 2013 WDW; Oct-Nov 2012 WDW; Oct 2011 WDW Mother/Daughter Getaway; Oct/Nov 2010 WDW; Oct 2010 WDW Mother/Daughter Getaway; Oct 2009 WDW; June 2008 DL ; Nov 2007 WDW Clan Reunion; Nov 2004 WDW; June 1994 WDW Family Trip; March 1986 WDW Family Trip
book_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #45
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Gee. I hope I am allowed to post my thoughts here, even though I didn't eat there yesterday. But my experiences 4 years ago, and then again two years ago were enough for me to know that I will not return until they give it a complete overhaul. The only positve thing I can say about it is that it has a cool location, and the food was plentiful. But a double heaping of bad food is not really a good thing. The sauce was tasteless. The chicken parm was rubbery. The pasta was what I would expect to be served in a penetentiary. I've been dining at WDW since its opening, and have seen the food evolve and devolve over time. This place is the closest thing that Disney has to its "old school buffeterias" of days gone by. And boy, do I wish those days had gone by. Comparing the food here to Olive Garden is an insult to Olive Garden. Given the location and design of the building, I would hope that they could reconsider the theme altogether and put in an upscale (or at least slightly upscale) Main Street USA restaurant. The MK needs at least one more nice sit down option besides the impossible-to-get-into BoG. This low-brow Italian joint is no longer cutting it, and hasn't for some time.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: