Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #16
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate View Post
I may have misunderstood so forgive me if I did, but I was told that Disney rarely exercises their right of first refusal unless the seller is selling for significantly less than the reseller's market. If they are selling for the "going rate" Disney doesn't typically buy the points back. Disney is only interested in buying them back to maintain the value of the new sales. As I understand it, DVC is often for sale through time share resellers in the Orlando area.
I think it depends on when in time you look. Until a few years ago they were fairly active. Their usual approach has been to keep you guessing so they might buy one contract and let another go through that was exactly the same. With the economy changes, DVC (and others including Bluegreen and Marriott) basically didn't buy anything back. That's changing with many of the timeshare companies right now. BG has been fairly active in this area very recently. They'll likely have a flurry of buy backs then things will settle down for a while but the resale prices will increase temporarily.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: