Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
vettechick99
Why do I open these threads?
Car Snob
Oh snap, I'm Bree!!
my mom used to call me "gagootz"

Price matching at Walmart

I just read a blog about price matching at WM. The author said that she uses dealstomeals.com to find sale items for the week, and uses that to price her items.

But my questions is, do you have to have one of those other stores nearby? GA has just 6 stores listed on that site - 2 of them drugstores - and none are in the same town my WM is. I just didn't want to go to WM and them say they can only price match the stores in the same town/county.

Here is the blog.

Thanks!

Check out the Official Bonnet Creek Thread or You too can do Disney Pregnant! or Our Budget In-Ground Pool
vettechick99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
khaoskat
Mouseketeer

No clue, as we are in a bigger city. But I know the do not price match buy 1 get 1 free type of offers.
khaoskat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper

I don't price match at Walmart much mainly because I just don't shop there much, but I like Iheartthemart.com for Walmart deals and price matching, I always check that site before I make a trip.

ETA: I guess I didn't really answer your question, I'm not sure.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
mrsbornkuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #4
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Here is the official policy
http://corporate.walmart.com/ad-match-guarantee

They won't match prices outside of a store's local trade territory.

It won't hurt to try. I don't think the store has to be in your town but should be a reasonable drive. I don't think there is a definite number of miles.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #5
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
Here is the official policy

They won't match prices outside of a store's local trade territory.

It won't hurt to try. I don't think the store has to be in your town but should be a reasonable drive. I don't think there is a definite number of miles.
agreed - you can ask but generally the store manager has set guidelines for the area. They want you to shop at WM rather than a competitor but if the other store is 20 miles away it's really unlikely they'd pricematch.

The other store's ad (as I understand it) must list a price not a buy one get one free or % off - they won't match those ads.
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Good Morning Dewdrop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #6
FLLDYTRKR
Earning My Ears

Here as long as you bring the ad with you they will match the ad price...No B1G1 deals offered.
FLLDYTRKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:34 PM   #7
tzeitel
Toadi Acceleratio Semper Absurda

I have only done the price match thing at WM once. When I asked if they price matched they asked me what store my ad was from. It said Target and they were - "oh yeah, we pm Target". So I am guessing that they do not do it for every store.
tzeitel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:21 PM   #8
vettechick99
Why do I open these threads?
Car Snob
Oh snap, I'm Bree!!
my mom used to call me "gagootz"

This is rural GA. Three county seats, all within 20 mins of each other-- one has a Kroger and WM, one has a WM and other local grocery stores (this is the WM closest to me), and my county has only two local grocery stores. Guess ill just have to call and ask.

Check out the Official Bonnet Creek Thread or You too can do Disney Pregnant! or Our Budget In-Ground Pool

Last edited by vettechick99; 04-01-2013 at 04:13 AM.
vettechick99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #9
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLLDYTRKR View Post
Here as long as you bring the ad with you they will match the ad price...No B1G1 deals offered.
Per Walmart's policy you do not need bring the ad.

*The following are guidelines and limitations:

We will match any local competitor's advertised price.
We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor's ad.
Items purchased must be identical to the ad (size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc.)

livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:47 PM   #10
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
Per Walmart's policy you do not need bring the ad.

*The following are guidelines and limitations:

We will match any local competitor's advertised price.
We do not require customers to have the ad with them to honor a competitor's ad.
Items purchased must be identical to the ad (size, quantity, brand, flavor, color, etc.)

very true but I price match at Wal-Mart a lot and I always find it easier to have the ad in hand.
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Good Morning Dewdrop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #11
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
very true but I price match at Wal-Mart a lot and I always find it easier to have the ad in hand.
You don't need to bring them, the cashiers keep the ads at the registers
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:29 PM   #12
Straitlover
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
You don't need to bring them, the cashiers keep the ads at the registers
Not everywhere. My local store do not. You don't HAVE to have it, but they give me a hard time without them (rolling their eyes, etc, acting like I'm lying or something) so I bring them in.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:13 AM   #13
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

I would definitely bring the ad(s) with me, just in case. You more easily avoid the eye rolls, the loud sighs, the doubtful looks, etc.

Case in point - we were at a WM this evening and the young man in front of us wanted to price match something. He didn't bring the ad with him. She doubted him and wanted to verify the price he was stating. She pulled copies from a shelf under the register and ... he ended up being right.

I would imagine by the end of the week, if very few shoppers brought their own, those copies would be dog-eared, if not missing altogether. I'm not sure what would happen in that instance. Do they just have to take you at your word?
Old 04-01-2013, 02:26 AM   #14
squirrel
DIS Veteran

I have only price matched at Wal-Mart a few times. I always bring in the ad.

My best one was a Graco Nautilus carseat that Real Canadian Superstore had on for $99.99. They had to call over the manager and she double checked it was the same model and color as the one in the ad. I know they were hoping to get out of it since it was at least $80 more at Wal-Mart.

Funny thing is that RCS was able to get away with putting it in the flyer and only having one in the whole lower mainland/fraser valley area (120 km). They wouldn't give out rain checks. I even called Graco to see if RCS had ordered recently, she wasn't able to tell me when or how many they ordered. Graco was shocked at the price. I was sure RCS was bordering on false advertisement.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #15
auger
DIS Veteran

OP, if u are in a rural area, most walmarts take that into account.
I live in a rural area, and Walmart is the only real store around.
We always price match whatever is on sale at the stores that are 25-30 miles in any of three directions from us.
If there are no other local stores, walmart considers their competitors to be whatever stores the local customs would otherwise go to, even if those stores are 30 miles away.
A good rule of thumb is, if your Sunday paper has ads in it, WM will definitely PM with those stores.

As for showing the ads, Walmart's policy is that you do not have to have the ad in hand. They are supposed to keep them on hand so that they can check them if they want to.
I NEVER take ads in with me, and I PM almost everytime I go to Walmart.
Now, will some cashiers be snotty about it? Yes. But it is the company policy, so I don't worry about it. Most cashiers are great about it, and it's amazing how many of them know exactly what is in the ads, because they PM as well!

Now, as to online deals, at least for my local store, the policy is they will not PM. There must be a physical ad for the PM policy to be valid.

Last edited by auger; 04-01-2013 at 09:51 AM.
auger is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: