Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #451
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Had my phone call and got the and was offered a "Leader" role with WW!! woohoo.... I think. Now I'm getting nervous about the commitment of a "real" job, after all these years of the flexibility of subbing! Actually, the timing will be great. I should be able to do some Leader subbing this spring and over the summer before I have to commit to leading my own meetings this fall. By then DD will be away and my schedule will be exponentially lighter!
Congratulations!!! That's so great! What a wonderful thing to be invited to do. I've been inspired by so many leaders at WW over the years - congratulations on joining their ranks!

XO
Liz

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #452
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Had my phone call and got the and was offered a "Leader" role with WW!! woohoo.... I think. P
Fantastic. If the support you give your paying customers is anywhere like as good as the support you give on here, you will be a very popular leader in no time!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #453
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Quote:
Had my phone call and got the and was offered a "Leader" role with WW!! woohoo.... I think. Now I'm getting nervous about the commitment of a "real" job, after all these years of the flexibility of subbing! Actually, the timing will be great. I should be able to do some Leader subbing this spring and over the summer before I have to commit to leading my own meetings this fall. By then DD will be away and my schedule will be exponentially lighter!

I was careful to read our "internet policy" and such to make sure that my participation in these threads was still okay. It seems like as long as I publicly acknowledge my role with WW and I state that my opinion is JUST THAT...."MY OPINION" and not the opinion of WW, I will be all set!

P
Congrats on the offer. There was never any doubt in my mind that you wouldn't get that job. You are a natural at it. I am very glad that you can stay on here just to be the big supporter that you have always been.

Congrats on your daughter's choice.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #454
penguin1102
Mouseketeer

Quote:

P
Congrats that is so awesome. I have found so much support from my leaders and you have provided me so much support on this board that I think you are going to be an amazing fit.
penguin1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #455
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Popping in at the end of the challenge, seems to be my MO lately.

I'm totally off kilter but I do have an excuse! LOL
DH took last week off and we have been in Home Renovation Hell since then. We completely redid our room from the ground up, and we tore out the bookcases in the boys room and built new. I have painted, moved furniture, taken furniture out and put new in. I am so beyond tired it is not even funny.
We ate 1 home cooked meal last week, it has been hard on me emotionally and physically.

Today I have started to put my house back together again, DH left for DC today so that is making it easier. But DS12 was home sick today so I didn't get everything accomplished that I wanted to or needed to.

I'm ending April on a rough note physically but not mentally. I've decided to do the Glass Slipper Challenge at the Princess 1/2 in Feb. So May 1, I start a new training program to accomplish both.
I know I can do to the 10K, easily so I'm going to focus my efforts on the 1/2.

So, I'll jump over to the May Challenge and pick up where I left off.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #456
camnhan
DIS Veteran

So all of you disney runners...how sad am I going to be about the crowds this weekend?
I can't believe I missed this being a race weekend AND we are staying at Animal Kingdom.....AAAUUUGGGHHH
Specifically picked this time to avoid spring break & Mother's Day, and world cheerleading comp...
camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #457
camnhan
DIS Veteran

So Disney racers....how sad am I going to be that it is a race weekend? We purposely picked this week thinking it was going to be low crowds being in between cheerleading worlds and Mother's Day
I am so bummed...AND we are staying at Animal Kingdom

Well guess we will just have to make the best of it,
Old 04-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #458
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Sorry I have been so absent! Life has been crazy

I have updated our progress post... Love seeing the WISH green for those of us who have made our goals! For the rest of us... We have a last chance weigh-in tomorrow! I will update again tomorrow night!

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #459
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
So all of you disney runners...how sad am I going to be about the crowds this weekend?
I can't believe I missed this being a race weekend AND we are staying at Animal Kingdom.....AAAUUUGGGHHH
Specifically picked this time to avoid spring break & Mother's Day, and world cheerleading comp...
I wouldn't sweat it to much. We did the race a few years ago and the crowds weren't noticeably heavier, and it was Mother's Day weekend too.
The race is at night so it won't impact travel.
And we actually switched from All Star Sports to AKL.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:41 AM   #460
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:

I was careful to read our "internet policy" and such to make sure that my participation in these threads was still okay. It seems like as long as I publicly acknowledge my role with WW and I state that my opinion is JUST THAT...."MY OPINION" and not the opinion of WW, I will be all set!

Off to finish raking the front yard..... great exercise, but two blisters already!......P
Woot Woot !!! so Awesome!! congrats.. You'll be great no doubt at all!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post

DH took last week off and we have been in Home Renovation Hell since then. We completely redid our room from the ground up, and we tore out the bookcases in the boys room and built new. I have painted, moved furniture, taken furniture out and put new in. I am so beyond tired it is not even funny.
We ate 1 home cooked meal last week, it has been hard on me emotionally and physically.

Today I have started to put my house back together again, DH left for DC today so that is making it easier. But DS12 was home sick today so I didn't get everything accomplished that I wanted to or needed to.

I'm ending April on a rough note physically but not mentally. I've decided to do the Glass Slipper Challenge at the Princess 1/2 in Feb. So May 1, I start a new training program to accomplish both.

Yay for getting some big projects done! and yay on the Glass Slipper challenge!! You'll do great!!

So I am ending my month not at all where I want to be I am up a few from where I started.. however I've gotten back on track and will stay here for the May Challenge - those cute summer dresses are starting to call my name!
sending in my final now and see you all on the may thread!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:19 AM   #461
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Congrats Pamela!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:50 AM   #462
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Congratulations!!! That's so great! What a wonderful thing to be invited to do. I've been inspired by so many leaders at WW over the years - congratulations on joining their ranks!

XO
Liz

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Fantastic. If the support you give your paying customers is anywhere like as good as the support you give on here, you will be a very popular leader in no time!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Congrats on the offer. There was never any doubt in my mind that you wouldn't get that job. You are a natural at it. I am very glad that you can stay on here just to be the big supporter that you have always been.

Congrats on your daughter's choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1102 View Post
Congrats that is so awesome. I have found so much support from my leaders and you have provided me so much support on this board that I think you are going to be an amazing fit.
Thank you, than you, thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post

WOW! Wanna come tackle my "to do" list? I'm feeling CRAZY pressure right now with DD's graduation coming up quickly!! I'll bet all of that work makes the place look GREAT!!

Not sure what the "Glass Slipper Challenge" is exactly, but it sounds like maybe a combined double race weekend.... 10K and half?? What a great goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Woot Woot !!! so Awesome!! congrats.. You'll be great no doubt at all!!!

THANKS!!

So I am ending my month not at all where I want to be I am up a few from where I started.. however I've gotten back on track and will stay here for the May Challenge - those cute summer dresses are starting to call my name!
sending in my final now and see you all on the may thread!
As long as you are still trying, you are doing great! It is when we give up that we fail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Congrats Pamela!
Thank you!!

Happy sunny Tuesday my friends! Welcome to the final day of APRIL!! I cannot believe how this month flew by!!

Thanks for all of your kind words about my new job! You guys are definitely the encouragement and boost I need to put my mind in the right place and be SURE that I know what I am doing!!

I am skipping my final Bible study of the season this morning to get some stuff done around here. I am a bit sad about it, but since it is a season-ending brunch, at least I know I won't have to make lots of food decisions this morning!

I have one last load of laundry to hang today and then I will be raking, seeding, etc around the yard. I'm going to wear gloves today to avoid more blisters though.

I am using last Friday's weight as my final weight for April and as such I am pleased to say I am down a bit for the month and just .1 away from my maintenance range. Hoping to get to the BOTTOM of my maintenance range before I head to Disney in (probably) late May. Otherwise most of my summer shorts will probably be snug.

Off to check emails before starting my chores. TTYL.................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #463
camnhan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca

I wouldn't sweat it to much. We did the race a few years ago and the crowds weren't noticeably heavier, and it was Mother's Day weekend too.
The race is at night so it won't impact travel.
And we actually switched from All Star Sports to AKL.
Keeping my fingers crossed it is not too crazy
Getting our final packing done today then off for a 6am flight!! Hoping we don't get as much rain as predicted while we are there..,
Old 04-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #464
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Pamela, sorry to hear about your uncle. But you have a lot to celebrate, too, with your DD's college choice and your fabulous new job! I know you will be a success and the timing works great for you.

Kim, sounds like the CrossFit is great and challenging! I bet that you will be raring to go by the time the next class rolls around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
Jen, I think you will be fine since it is the smallest RunDisney race. You won't even know it is going on when you are at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I love that Lodge -- the ambiance, the animals, the beautiful architecture! Have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Sorry I have been so absent! Life has been crazy

I have updated our progress post... Love seeing the WISH green for those of us who have made our goals! For the rest of us... We have a last chance weigh-in tomorrow! I will update again tomorrow night!
Thank you so much for hostessing this month!

I was glad to take a little break from weighing in and I still finished down from the start at April -- take a few minutes and enjoy your successes and accomplishments in April before you make your plan of attack for May!

Congratulations to everyone for sticking with it through the whole month!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #465
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Thanks to all the hosts for this month.

Unfortunately, I ended on a bad note. I am going to go back to NOT tracking my calories and just track sat fat, sodium, and cholesterol. For whatever reason that system works better for me.

So onto May.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: