facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #376
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Oooh! Lisa! I like the UMPH!! I honestly believe that is what marked my losses last week, daily UUMPH that I never stuck with before..I'll keep that in mind!!
You do have oodles and oodles of UMPH! I was very impressed with your dedication while camping not only turning down the treats but streaming the 30DS in the woods! You rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glss1/2fll View Post
Sunday QOTD: What is at least one thing you are doing today to prepare for a successful week ahead?

=========

Since it's still morning here, I have pretty much a full day ahead to get the week figured out! I have my workouts planned (that never changes!), but need to do some meal planning!

Lisa--thanks for asking about the knee. I started physical therapy and I think that's helped. It still hurts, but not as much! One of the hardest things I have to do is be mindful of always keeping my foot in front of my knee. It's so hard not to curl up, especially when reading or watching TV!
Linda, thanks so much for jumping in and coaching a couple of days! I'm glad that your knee is slowly getting better. It is so hard to undo those long standing habits that got us into trouble in the first place -- I am very bad about curling up myself. Then once you start trying to be good other things start aching because they were getting twisted and you didn't even know it. It's like you can't win! But it sounds like you are healing. It is just a slow process. Don't be shy about coming around to say hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Haha.......Robin Hoods Bay is nowhere near Nottingham, it's on the East Coast between Whitby and Scarborough. It's such a tiny place it's not even marked on most maps. It was used for smuggling and is associated with pirates
Helen, your pictures were absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Rose, sorry the back is still bothering you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
How was the race? DS (will be 10 on race day) and I found a local 5k to raise money for 2 local animal rescues in May. We are thinking of running and I thought about making shirts that say "Running for Boston." I hope you had a good time!
How fun to do a race with your DS.

My race was great -- thanks for asking. It was in the 40's and showering so the weather was a bit of a challenge. It is a local race for United Way and they had a good turnout. Between the cold air and the high pollen here my asthma really flared up after the race so I have to take a break for a day or two here to let things calm down. My doctor told me that when you are running you have enough adrenaline in your system that it is not an issue but once you stop running that is when it flares up -- it had been so long since I had any problems that my inhaler had expired more than 2 years ago. Oh, and my glutes say "you'd better start running outside more!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post
I am STILL looking for my camera cord to download my newest pics!!!
Hope you find it soon. Can't wait to see all your hard work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy MONDAY everyone!! Here is your QOTD for today!!

QOTD for Monday, April 22, 2013:

In honor of Earth Day....

How aware are you of your carbon footprint? Have you made changes at any point in your life to try to reduce that carbon footprint? Do you think leading a healthier lifestyle helps or hinders efforts to lead a more "green" life??

...............................P
Ah, our traditional Earth Day question -- the ultimate showing of recycling!

Our carbon footprint gets smaller all the time. Our recycling bin is always full but some weeks we don't even bother taking our trash can out there is so little in it. I think a healthier lifestyle helps leading a greener life. I am probably the least enthusiastic family member about recycling -- I feel like it is spitting in the ocean and rebel about saving the trash sometimes.

Quote:
HAPPY EARTH DAY!! Happy 15th anniversary to Disney's Animal Kingdom!!! Wishing I was there today!
Don't we all? Thanks for picking up the coaching this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Magdelene have a GREAT time on vacay! It's less than 4 weeks now until my first trip to Europe so I can feel your excitement too!
And I'm right behind you so I feel your excitement, too!

Magdalene, have a great time on vacation!

Quote:
Hug a kitty when you get home... it will make you feel better.
Great advice! Susan, glad you are feeling better. Your salad sounded absolutely delish!

Quote:
The paperwork is beyond crazy anymore. I feel like don't have time to actually teach & help the students. I know progress needs tracked, but I feel like I could be such a better teacher if it weren't for all the legalities.
It is crazy but sadly the folks that make up the rules for the legalities don't spend any time in the classroom as far as I can tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
I had a couple of bags of this healthy popcorn I got in the mark down at work and I started nuking fat free cheese slices on a small bowl for a snack--it was so good! Gonna have to buy more of that popcorn...
Susan, glad you are feeling better. Your salad sounded absolutely delish! Thanks for the tip about the honey, too.

Quote:
QOTD for Tuesday, April 23, 2013:

Paper or plastic or reusable?? Plastic but it is recycled so no flaming please.

Salty or sweet?? Salty

Homebody or Adventure-seeker??
Homebody

Navy or black??
Both but not at the same time.

Neat or sloppy??
Neat

Planner or spontaneous??
Planner

Eat less or exercise more??
Both

Optimist or pessimist?
Optimist

Chocolate or vanilla?
Vanilla

Cats or dogs??
Both

Street smarts or book smarts??
Both

Apple or orange??
Apple

Introvert or extrovert??
Extrovert

Reality TV or Dramas??
Dramas

Daffodils or tulips??
Daffodils -- the deer won't eat them.

Keep up the good work all!

P.S. Neener, neener poof fairy
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #377
nocomment711
Ces Soirees-La

It's funny how when you get a head cold, everything goes down the drain.
nocomment711 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #378
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
You do have oodles and oodles of UMPH! I was very impressed with your dedication while camping not only turning down the treats but streaming the 30DS in the woods! You rock!

I agree..... she lead with a GREAT example of NO EXCUSES!

My race was great -- thanks for asking. It was in the 40's and showering so the weather was a bit of a challenge. It is a local race for United Way and they had a good turnout. Between the cold air and the high pollen here my asthma really flared up after the race so I have to take a break for a day or two here to let things calm down. My doctor told me that when you are running you have enough adrenaline in your system that it is not an issue but once you stop running that is when it flares up -- it had been so long since I had any problems that my inhaler had expired more than 2 years ago. Oh, and my glutes say "you'd better start running outside more!"

Sorry that the asthma acted up, but glad you finished.

Ah, our traditional Earth Day question -- the ultimate showing of recycling!

Didn't mean to recycle the QOTD, but I should have realized that something similar was asked on previous Earth Days!

Our carbon footprint gets smaller all the time. Our recycling bin is always full but some weeks we don't even bother taking our trash can out there is so little in it. I think a healthier lifestyle helps leading a greener life. I am probably the least enthusiastic family member about recycling -- I feel like it is spitting in the ocean and rebel about saving the trash sometimes.

It is hard to keep up the enthusiasm for the recycling when my town transfer station doesn't even help, but I keep trying!

Don't we all? Thanks for picking up the coaching this week!

You are welcome. Did you catch any of the DIS livestreaming from DAK yesterday??

P.S. Neener, neener poof fairy
Lisa.... hoping your lungs are feeling much better today. Go get yourself a new inhaler.... not the kind of thing you want to live without! (Which reminds me that DS's Epi-pen expired in November.... )

Morning again everyone! Relaxed a bit this morning and caught up on last night's DWTS and have been watching a new show with DS called Brain Games. Makes me realize that I am not nearly as good an observer and multi-tasker as I thought I was!

DH is off to Boston and then Maine today until tomorrow night. I plan to head up to my scrapping table in a bit....WOOHOO! Laundry is pretty well caught up, so I will give myself the day off of that. I will ask one of the kids to empty the dishwasher and foods today will be quick and easy. Since I will be away all weekend, can't slack off too much on the housework, but I really want to give myself a "day off" as it were.

I'll pop on again at lunch to say hello!.......................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #379
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:

No morning swim or other activities that forced me out of bed this morning. I was still up at a reasonable time (6:45) but it felt good to be up on MY schedule and not at the whim of the alarm clock. Was planning a walk outside today, but it is quite overcast. I'll wait a bit to see if it is going to rain.... plus it is cold!

Off to post the QOTD, get a cup of coffee, and start my day!..............P
I hope you enjoyed your morning without any rushing around. I can't wait until summer so I can do the same!

Quote:

Paper or plastic or reusable?? Reusable (Disney ones)

Salty or sweet?? Sweet

Homebody or Adventure-seeker?? A little of both-depends on my mood

Navy or black?? Black

Neat or sloppy?? Neat

Planner or spontaneous?? Planner

Eat less or exercise more?? Exercise more

Optimist or pessimist? Pessimist (but working on that)

Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate

Cats or dogs?? Both

Street smarts or book smarts?? Book Smarts

Apple or orange?? Apple

Introvert or extrovert?? Extrovert

Reality TV or Dramas?? Reality TV

Daffodils or tulips?? I have both in my yard. I think I enjoy the daffodils more though
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a quick minute to check in before I plug along on my IEPs. I needed a mental break for now. The weather is beautiful today and supposed to be 70 degrees! I am going to do my 30ds after work and then a friend and I plan on walking while our kids are at soccer. The fields are in a recreation area by our lake, so I can't wait to get extra exercise, have some girl talk, and enjoy nature We'll probably walk for 30 minutes so we can watch the other half our our littlest one's practice.

Okay, I am off to get some of this dreaded work done. Enjoy your day!

Jill
Old 04-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #380
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

Glad you had a great race. 40 and showering is no fun, though. Hope your asthma is better today and listen to those glutes lol. Mine tell me the same thing when I get back into outside running.

Quote:

Morning again everyone! Relaxed a bit this morning and caught up on last night's DWTS and have been watching a new show with DS called Brain Games. Makes me realize that I am not nearly as good an observer and multi-tasker as I thought I was!

P
We watch Brain Games as well. We dvr'd last night's new episode and can't wait to watch it. DS9 really likes the show, too. I wonder if they have last season on dvd yet. It would be fun to show my students on those days when I need something to fill in for 45-50 minutes (like when we give state tests or something). It is a pretty cool show.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #381
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:

Paper or plastic or reusable?? Paper

Salty or sweet?? Sweet

Homebody or Adventure-seeker?? Adventure Seeker!

Navy or black?? Black

Neat or sloppy?? Neat (usually)

Planner or spontaneous?? Spontaneous

Eat less or exercise more?? exercise more

Optimist or pessimist? optimist

Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla

Cats or dogs?? Dogs

Street smarts or book smarts?? Street

Apple or orange?? Apple

Introvert or extrovert?? Introvert

Reality TV or Dramas?? Dramas

Daffodils or tulips?? Tulips
Quote:
QOtD: Optimist!"No sense in being pessimistic. It wouldn't work anyway.”

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #382
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment711 View Post
It's funny how when you get a head cold, everything goes down the drain.
Awww.... sorry you are sick! It is hard to keep up with life with a head cold! Feel better soon!

Quote:
I hope you enjoyed your morning without any rushing around. I can't wait until summer so I can do the same!

It was nice to just get up when I wanted and not hit the TM or shower or car immediately!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a quick minute to check in before I plug along on my IEPs. I needed a mental break for now. The weather is beautiful today and supposed to be 70 degrees! I am going to do my 30ds after work and then a friend and I plan on walking while our kids are at soccer. The fields are in a recreation area by our lake, so I can't wait to get extra exercise, have some girl talk, and enjoy nature We'll probably walk for 30 minutes so we can watch the other half our our littlest one's practice.

Okay, I am off to get some of this dreaded work done. Enjoy your day!

Jill
Sounds like a lovely day! We are at mid-40's and rainy.... cold and raw and more than just a bit BLAH!

Quote:
We watch Brain Games as well. We dvr'd last night's new episode and can't wait to watch it. DS9 really likes the show, too. I wonder if they have last season on dvd yet. It would be fun to show my students on those days when I need something to fill in for 45-50 minutes (like when we give state tests or something). It is a pretty cool show.
It was really neat and something FUN to watch with DS instead of having to always compromise in HIS shows or MY shows! Even after I left the room I could still hear him chuckling at the TV!

Okay.... I made it upstairs to my scrapping table but needed to make my bed first. So I made my bed, but realized it was nearly LUNCH TIME and wanted to get something warm cooking for the kids. So pasta is boiling, sauce is warming, and I still haven't pulled out my scrapping stuff yet!

Timer for pasta is beeping so I will run! TTYL....................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #383
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:

Paper or plastic or reusable?? Reusable

Salty or sweet?? BOTH !!

Homebody or Adventure-seeker?? Homebody

Navy or black?? Black

Neat or sloppy?? Sloppy

Eat less or exercise more?? Eat Less

Optimist or pessimist? Optimist

Cats or dogs?? BOTH!!

Street smarts or book smarts?? Book Smarts

Apple or orange?? Orange

Introvert or extrovert?? Extrovert

Reality TV or Dramas?? Dramas

what a fun question today.. for yesterday we recycle our bottles/cans and paper and use resuable bags and containers.

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #384
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Paper or plastic or reusable?? All 3 lol. We use the plastic bags for cleaning the litter boxes. I take one of those and line a square bucket with it and it works really well, good to knock off the excess stuff. We use paper for our trash bags and I have a huge one for my bike basket I use if I remember to bring it in.

Salty or sweet?? Salty

Homebody or Adventure-seeker?? A little of both.

Navy or black?? Black

Neat or sloppy?? At work super neat-- at home kinds messy.

Planner or spontaneous?? Spontaneous unless it's a Disney trip.

Eat less or exercise more?? Exercise more

Optimist or pessimist? Optimist I try anyway--seems you get knocked down a lot.

Cats or dogs?? Both! I have many cats but we love dogs.

Street smarts or book smarts?? Book. I think I'm surgically attached to the internet any more. I have to have 50 opinions of the right way to do anything.

Apple or orange?? Apple. but a big juicy orange does not offend

Introvert or extrovert?? Introvert I guess. Sometimes I get really social though if I'm in a pretty good mood.

Reality TV or Dramas?? Reality. Right now I've been into 'World's worst tenants', lol, all the storage unit auction shows, I like pretty much any show on animal planet right now especially My cat from Hell. I am eagerly awaiting the new season of True Blood a the moment though, we love Walking Dead, and I've been watching Girls. We mostly watch comedies though.

Daffodils or tulips??
I love tulips! I saw some of those really dark purple ones on my bike ride yesterday, the kind that look black when they are closed-those are my favorite.

Supposed to be really nice here today--think I'll let the kittens explore the back yard grass a little later lol.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #385
penguin1102
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Paper or plastic or reusable?? reusable or plastic if not available. The walmart by us has a recycling center to drop off your plastic bags (the bags do not have to be from walmart.)

Salty or sweet?? Sweet

Homebody or Adventure-seeker?? Homebody

Navy or black?? Black

Neat or sloppy?? Sloppy

Eat less or exercise more?? Eat less

Optimist or pessimist? Pessimist

Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate

Cats or dogs?? Dogs

Street smarts or book smarts?? Sometimes neither and sometimes both.

Apple or orange?? Orange

Reality TV or Dramas?? Both. I love those true crime shows.

Daffodils or tulips?? Daffodils
I have had a tough week and am really trying to regain my focus.
penguin1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #386
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Well, the unplanned walking continues!!! I forgot my lunch today (prepped it all, then left it on the counter in the kitchen!!) so at lunchtime I had to walk to the nearest store to buy some lunch (baked beans and bananas....not together!!). My Garmin Fit app said I did 1.32km in 13mins and 32 seconds, and used 92 calories in the process!!

lmhall2000........The scotch egg recipe is really simple....boil (soft boil) and shell 4 eggs. Take a pound of lean pork sausage, skin and divide into 4. Coat each egg in a fourth of the sausage. (You can dip in egg and roll in breadcrumbs at this stage if you want, but I don't bother) spray with a little low cal spray, then bake in the oven for around 30-40 minutes at 200C.

Quote:

Paper or plastic or reusable?? Mostly reusable, but occasional paper when we go camping

Salty or sweet?? sweet, except for popcorn!

Homebody or Adventure-seeker?? Homebody mostly, with occasional thrill seeking madness thrown in when we managed to save enough!!

Navy or black?? Black

Neat or sloppy?? Neat at work, lived-in at home!

Planner or spontaneous?? Plan is my middle name!

Eat less or exercise more?? A bit of both, but mostly eat less

Optimist or pessimist? Optimist with caution

Chocolate or vanilla? chocolate (the cause of most of my problems!!!)

Cats or dogs?? Cats definitely

Street smarts or book smarts?? Street

Apple or orange?? Orange

Introvert or extrovert?? Extrovert once I know you!!

Reality TV or Dramas?? Drama, no-one makes a drama like the BBC

Daffodils or tulips??
Daffodils..so bright and cheerful.

Made the most delicious chicken and potato bake for tea, all healthy and wholesome and no syns at all on my diet plan!!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #387
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Quote:
Well, the unplanned walking continues!!! I forgot my lunch today (prepped it all, then left it on the counter in the kitchen!!) so at lunchtime I had to walk to the nearest store to buy some lunch (baked beans and bananas....not together!!). My Garmin Fit app said I did 1.32km in 13mins and 32 seconds, and used 92 calories in the process!!

lmhall2000........The scotch egg recipe is really simple....boil (soft boil) and shell 4 eggs. Take a pound of lean pork sausage, skin and divide into 4. Coat each egg in a fourth of the sausage. (You can dip in egg and roll in breadcrumbs at this stage if you want, but I don't bother) spray with a little low cal spray, then bake in the oven for around 30-40 minutes at 200C.

Made the most delicious chicken and potato bake for tea, all healthy and wholesome and no syns at all on my diet plan!!!
Super! Now I need the chicken and potato bake recipe! Can I just come visit your kitchen or awhile? I do not think our sausage tastes like yours, so you just bake, no deep frying? I can do that!

Way to go all you walkers/runners!! Great job! I got my 30 DS in but am feeling a light headed slump, trying to figure out foods I can eat that will up my energy, but usually get anemic at TOM...

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #388
pjlla
<><

Evening all! Just a quick pop on to say g'night! Just waiting for my veggie burgers to finish cooking so I can have my late dinner....already ate my roasted cabbage.....YUM!

See you in the a.m.! .....................P

Last edited by pjlla; 04-25-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:49 AM   #389
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I survived the 3 day campout! Had smores offered to me, NOPE..not a bite, had a 2 pound bag of M&M's...NOPE not one single solitary one..I even saw two stragglers laying around, I promise you in the old days (just 3 weeks ago) I would have not thought twice about picking those up and eating them or having about 4 handfuls of those things!! NOT ONE!! I succumbed to a serving of Ruffles potato chips yesterday and again today when I got home, I had about 8 potato chips yesterday (but they were big) and today I stuck to 6, but also the big ones..but honestly in the old days I could have had half the bag and still wanted more...I should be starting today or tomorrow (PMS) and I usually have horrific hunger/junk food cravings the day before so I let myself have those potato chips.

The exciting news was that I was able to stream Jillian's 30DS yesterday off the mountain, no cell service so I was worried and even better talke 2 other moms into doing it with me and their 3 daughters....they really enjoyed it but I had to give myself a pat on the back...I am roughly 40-50 pounds overweight,these moms were in normal weight zone to me...and they had to stop quite a bit during the workout..I really am amazed how much strength I have built up in just the 14 days I've been doing it! I assured them that if they start it and do it daily they would not have to stop at all...We all said how much better we felt after doing it!!

At the campsite, we were 1/4 mile from the bathroom so each trip was a half mile, I thinked I easily walked 5 miles each day just with bathroom trips and hiking to our skills field!

I just took my first shower in 3 days and am going to nap before tackling today's 30DS! I am just so amazed that I'm holding steady on this losing frame of mind and not the reward with food frame of mind!! It is tough but feels so much better!!
Sounds like a great camping trip!! I miss camping, we used to go camping in the CA Redwoods every summer, haven't been in several years now... really wanting to go back!

Quote:
Thought I'd share some pics with you from my lovely day out yesterday.........
Really lovely pictures!

Quote:
Happy MONDAY everyone!! Here is your QOTD for today!!

QOTD for Monday, April 22, 2013:

In honor of Earth Day....

How aware are you of your carbon footprint? Have you made changes at any point in your life to try to reduce that carbon footprint? Do you think leading a healthier lifestyle helps or hinders efforts to lead a more "green" life??

...............................P
I try... recycle more than I think our city is even capable of recycling, also try to conserve water seeing as how we live in the desert, and I try to get our office staff to cut down on the paper we use, though I know this doesn't even make a dent! Government jobs (much like teaching) are FULL of paperwork, a lot of which is unnecessary IMO! I do drive A LOT, but this is because our city is so spread out and my job consists of a ton of field work, so really unavoidable to drive so much

Quote:

Paper or plastic or reusable?? Reusable when I can (Disney or Trader Joes), or plastic which we reuse for trash and animal doody duty

Salty or sweet?? Hmm, both... mixed

Homebody or Adventure-seeker?? Homebody, really figured this out last week when I went out with a friend for her bday and I was simply waiting ntil a polite time I could excuse myself to go home!

Navy or black?? Black!

Neat or sloppy?? Neat! which really puts me at odds with sloppy DF

Planner or spontaneous?? Planner!

Eat less or exercise more?? Definitely both

Optimist or pessimist? I think I am a pessimist, but wishing I were more of an optimist

Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla, I do not like chocolate (shocking I know)

Cats or dogs?? cats even though DF is allergic

Street smarts or book smarts?? Book, my strong suit, plus DF and I balance each other out as he has the steet smarts

Apple or orange?? Neither, berries please

Reality TV or Dramas?? Both! Love me some Teen Mom, BL, Storage Wars, Cupcake Wars, but also LOVE Walking Dead (Daryl Dixon ), Criminal Minds, Psych (well I guess that counts as comedy huh...)

OK, off to get us updated (sorry I didn't get it done yesterday, was working on a court report)!!

Be back tomorrow to chat!

Last edited by araes2102; 04-24-2013 at 03:04 PM.
araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:52 AM   #390
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good Wed morning everyone.

I may not be posting but I am still reading everything.

Quote:

Paper or plastic or reusable?? plastic but recylce

Salty or sweet?? both

Homebody or Adventure-seeker?? homebody

Navy or black??navy

Neat or sloppy??sloppy trying to learn how to neat

Planner or spontaneous??planner

Eat less or exercise more??eat less

Optimist or pessimist?pessimist

Chocolate or vanilla?chocolate

Cats or dogs??both

Street smarts or book smarts??book smart

Apple or orange??apple

Introvert or extrovert??introvert

Reality TV or Dramas??not a lot of either

Daffodils or tulips??
daffodils

I will be seeing a lot of everyone once the AP exam is over in two weeks. I will also be hosting the May thread so maybe I can back on track.

Have a happy and healthy day.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: