Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #196
WDWorBUST
BL II - Purple Team
Okay I need my head examined....

Diet Pop Question

I am a Diet Dr. Pepper addict....it is my one true vice However, lately my stomach cannot seem to tolerate it. I have been getting burning stomach aches from drinking it and the only thing that has changed is the improvement of my overall diet. Has anyone else had this happen? I realize I should ditch the diet pop anyway....and am now trying to wean myself off so I don't have the horrible caffeine withdrawals I know I will otherwise (I have quit before)....but this is so bizarre that it's making me sick.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #197
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWorBUST View Post
I am a Diet Dr. Pepper addict....it is my one true vice However, lately my stomach cannot seem to tolerate it. I have been getting burning stomach aches from drinking it and the only thing that has changed is the improvement of my overall diet. Has anyone else had this happen? I realize I should ditch the diet pop anyway....and am now trying to wean myself off so I don't have the horrible caffeine withdrawals I know I will otherwise (I have quit before)....but this is so bizarre that it's making me sick.
Yeah your body is definitely telling you it needs a change. I think it's like people who never eat meat and then they do, the body just rejects it. Your body is rejecting the sweetener and the syrup in the soda.

I gave up soda cold turkey about a year and a half ago and it was tough at first but now I'll smell soda when the kids get it and the thought of actually drinking turns my stomach. I still love the smell but I don't think I could do that to my body anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

Last edited by BernardandMissBianca; 04-09-2013 at 08:15 PM.
BernardandMissBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #198
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi everyone - have been rather absent, sorry! I had a good weekend. Went on a 10 mile hike yesterday with my father and then did my Ripped in 30 workout in the evening. Was very proud. Have now finished week 2. But I decided that I am going to change my workout routine. The weather is finally warming up and I really want to go out running again. So I decided that I am going to alternate runs and Jillian Michael and will take one day of rest (this week two as I am travelling). My scale is not moving anywhere and I hope by incorporating more cardio again it might shock my body into finally letting go of that weight. I am sooo tired of not losing anything. And this leads to my eating becoming less good. I am still doing ok, but I just want to lose a tiny bit more before my vacation!!!
Sorry about the scale frustration, Magdalene. With those great week-end workouts it can't be long now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
Hi Kim!

I agree with baby steps! Even though I was a confirmed couch potato, somehow it was easier to get into an exercise routine than an eating healthier routine! It's taken me about 7 months but I've gone from a strict junk food vegetarian diet to a plant based diet. I started by eliminating wine with dinner a couple of nights a week, then I added a healthy breakfast, then lunch, then dinner. Cut out most snacks, it took a long time but I think the slow approach to eating healthy is what really made it stick!

Good luck!
Melinda
Great tip, Melinda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Jill we are very similar..

My Hubs is a chef so I take care of all the cooking at home with a weekly menu - sometimes I am 3 weeks ahead.. the Hubs likes to clean - he has a bit of OCD - so I cook he cleans works for us.. we both go grocery shopping because we like it.. and thankfully he isn't too pickey (he just doesn't care for seafood) what he could do to help is get on board with being healthier - quit the soda for one! that is my biggest one for him I guess - and eat more veggies
Good job trying the get DH on board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Hi Everyone

Bit late in the day for me (dinner is already in the oven!). My routine got messed up this morning as DH developed a migraine before leaving for work, so I went without him and realised that I'd forgotten not only to set QOTD for you guys, but I also forgot to take my mobile phone with me!

Thanks for all of the great replies to yesterday's question, hugs to those of you who have no help around the house...think I'd kick him out if he didn't help...I was brought up in a family where even if you went out to work, you were still expected to contribute to household chores.

Anyway, had a busy day at work today, it was quiet in the office, so managed to get caught up on loads of stuff that kept getting put to the bottom of my in-tray. Dinner is in the oven (roasted potatoes, squash, parsnips and carrots, with pork loin steaks done with thyme, lemon zest and black pepper. I'll drizzle it all with a bit of balsamic vinegar when done). Who knows, I may even find 30 minutes to go out for a walk after eating.

Which brings me on to......
QOTD for Monday 8th April 2013

If you only had time to exercise for 30 minutes, 3 times a week, what would you do?? Aerobics, swimming, running?? Same thing every day, something different each day??

As you all know by now, exercise is not top of my list of priorities, but I do need to do something, so I'm starting Couch to 5K next week and am planning on entering 'Race for Life' which is a charity 5K run all over the UK throughout the summer. Our local one is on 7th July, so should be enough time to train and produce a convincing attempt on the day!!

Look forward to hearing from you all
Congratulations on starting the C25K!

If I had such limited time to work out I think I would just stick to walking. Fast, easy, and can be done just about anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment711 View Post
I'm almost at 20 pounds lost! Only 6 pounds away from my Disneyland goal (which is 2 months away!)
Congratulations on the great loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1102 View Post
QOTD: I would run 3 days a week. I am doing weight watchers and my leader is putting on a 5k in june. I would really like to be able to run and complete it so that is my current goal.
Sounds like fun! There is also the Jeff Galloway 5k training plan that let's you start a run/walk plan from the very beginning if you are interested. http://jeffgalloway.com/training/5k.html DH is doing this one for the Disneyland 5K in September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
OMG!!! Stop the insanity!!
I can not stop eating today. I don't know what my issue is.
I need to go do a workout and attempt to burn some of it off.
I think I'm eating to many carbs and it's making me more hungry.

But on the up side, I have been 1 month chocolate free. Holy cow, is that hard!! But it severely limits the amount of sweets I eat. There is a lot of stuff out there with chocolate and a lot of stuff I like with chocolate.

I'm not sure how long I will be able to do it because there are times when I desperately miss chocolate chip cookies and oreos, but right now my desire to be thin and healthy is trumping my need of chocolate. I don't know if that will ever change though.
Congrats on being chocolate free for a month, Buffy! Especially during Easter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Hey! You visited us! We did have nice weather here the past week
It was nice weather but my AZ allergies came back to haunt me.

Thanks for hostessing this month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
I think I would mix it up a lot. I enjoy running and circuit training the most. But, I'd also like to add in walking, spinning, and yoga to mix it up a bit. Who knows? I may even throw in a dance cardio routine if I'm feeling crazy
Jill, hope your computer woes pass quickly! Did you already have spring break? I think you need a break, girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Morning all! I'm at work today and finally found a computer I can access, but I only have 8 minutes until it is time for the kiddos to arrive. I may have time around 9:30 am to pop on again.
Busy week, Pamela. Keeping my fingers crossed for your DD's dress.

Thought of this group when I saw this post on FB this morning:

Have a great day all!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #199
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
So sorry about the tummy issues! I wonder if Diet Dr. Pepper changed their formula or did something to "new and improve it?" I confess that I still drink Diet Coke. I have cut back but giving that up is not a priority for me right now. But if it is making you ill that may be a sign. that you are feeling better soon!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #200
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

If I could choose my locales, I would swim at Trunk Bay for one day, hike through the Swiss Alps for another and canoe down a crystal blue river somewhere in the Caribbean

Otherwise, 3 days of treadmill staring at my goal jeans hanging on a hook!

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #201
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone, great answers to yesterdays question.....I particularly identify with Imhall2000's goal jeans' comment. In the past I have always had something to aim for or a reason to lose weight, but this time I'm doing it for me and me alone!!!

So, onto QOTD for Tuesday 9th April 2013

If you could change just one thing about your eating habits for a month (in a good way, not a bad way!) what would it be??

Mine would be less carbs, but I love my potatoes, pasta and rice! I dont have the strength to give them up.....I could never do the Atkins.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #202
penguin1102
Mouseketeer

QOTD for Tuesday 9th April 2013

If you could change just one thing about your eating habits for a month (in a good way, not a bad way!) what would it be??

I would try to eat my food more regularly. I tend to eat a small breakfast, a small lunch, and then graze at dinner. I am usually with in my points, but I need to try to balance it more during the day so that I am keeping my levels even and not wanting to eat everything in sight come 6:00.
penguin1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #203
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I would have to say I would change my emotional eating. Yesterday was a horrible day filled with one bad decision after another, mostly involving rum. Which did nothing for my state of mind and the reason I was emotional in the first place!!

However today is a new day, and I just have to get back on the wagon and stick to my plan. Already did my workout and we are going to have meatless tuesday since yesterday was not at all meatless!!

Now I am off to start my workweek so it will be much easier to stay on my diet! Hope everyone has a great night!

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:53 PM   #204
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Just one???

I would have to cut out diet dr. pepper's for the rest of my life!!

(But if I could cheat and have two..) I would make it so that I COULD just eat 2 french fries and be happy

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #205
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Hmm, I guess it would be so I don't always crave something sweet after eating dinner (and sometimesbreakfast and lunch ). Usually, since I am eatring so much better these days, I am okay with eating one or two pieces of sugar free chocolate or a small serving of sugar free jello (made with cocnout milk it is super yummy!) and I am okay. But it would be nice if I didn't feel the need at all

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:31 AM   #206
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Good morning all! Just popping in.

I went on a bender yesterday. Yep...I had nightmares last night. Time to get back on track up and moving.

Best wishes for a good day for all here.
The Mystery Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #207
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Morning all! They ended up NOT needing me at work today, so I have a BONUS DAY here at home! I plan to spend about 30 minutes on clean up, hit the TM, take a shower, and then spend some time at the scrapping table!

I'll catch up here now and then BBL at lunch to chat again!.............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #208
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post

I went on a bender yesterday. Yep...I had nightmares last night. Time to get back on track up and moving.

I am presuming you mean food bender, not drugs and alcohol!

Start today fresh and make EVERY MOMENT count towards a healthier you!! If you do that I can PROMISE YOU no nightmares tonight!!

Quote:

No eating after dinner time! Even after 5 years on this journey, I have not been able to give up an evening snack. Sometimes I am truly hungry, as my evening schedule is always crazy.... but most of the time I just want to MUNCH!

Mine would be less carbs, but I love my potatoes, pasta and rice! I dont have the strength to give them up.....I could never do the Atkins.
Carbs can be difficult..... but as long as you are making an effort to control the quantities and be sure that they are HEALTHY carbs (baked white potatoes... or better yet sweet potatoes, brown rice, whole wheat pasta), then don't stress about it too much. And I've heard/read that "front loading" your carbs (i.e. eating them early in the day) is preferable. When I am trying harder to watch my carbs I will eat them for breakfast if I really want something (oatmeal, Vitamuffin, cereal) and then lay off the rest of the day.

Quote:

HELLOOOO??? Does your body need to send you a singing telegram?? It is making you SICK! If a loved one (your child, mother, DH) was eating/drinking something caused them to have symptoms such as a BURNING STOMACH ACHE after consuming it, wouldn't you IMMEDIATELY tell them to stop consuming that item?????

My "tough love" advise.... give up the soda IMMEDIATELY.... cold turkey! If you are concerned about the caffeine, try having a few cups of green tea.

Around my house we call diet soda POISON!! If DH asks me to stop and buy him a cup of soda at the quick mart on my way home (I refuse to stock it in the house any more) he asks me to buy him a cup of POISON! He KNOWS that it is absolutely terrible for him, but hasn't completely stopped it. That being said, he went from a 4 liter a day habit down to just a few cups a week (that I know of at least). And most of that change is because I refuse to buy it at the grocery store any more. Although I will stop occasionally for a cup for him because gets grouchy if I refuse too often.

If you feel you MUST have some diet soda of some sort, try buying a different brand/type that is sweetened with Splenda instead of aspartame.... it is the (slightly) lesser of two evils. Waist Watchers is pretty tasty. Or consider buying a Soda Stream machine and making your own fizzy pop. They do sell some all-natural soda syrups too.

Sorry if I am coming down on you hard, but again, consider it my tough love approach... and I am telling you JUST what I would tell my Mom or DD if they came to me with the same issue.

Okay friends! Off to make the most of my bonus day!................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #209
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

Jill, hope your computer woes pass quickly! Did you already have spring break? I think you need a break, girl.
Lol! Thanks! Actually, we did have break but we don't get a true spring break here. We got off the Thursday & Friday before Easter & the Monday after. Work is better this week, so I just keep thinking...38 more school days!! I can make it! Plus, we've had beautiful weather & it's an instant mood booster after the loooong winter

Quote:

If I could only pick one, it would be adding more veggies daily. I eat 1-2 servings with dinner, but unless I have a salad for lunch, I really don't eat veggies. I actually love most veggies, but I just don't eat them before dinner time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, this is a quick check in while my students are state testing. We've had some beautiful weather & I'm loving it! Yesterday, the family went geocaching in the woods which was so fun. It was a difficult one but we eventually found it. The kids & dog had a great time running around and I got added exercise!

I also completed day 3 of 30ds. DH joined in since I had to do it last night after swimming lessons. I normally do it as soon as I get home from work. DH liked it, so we had a good time.

Today's plan is 30ds right after work, make dinner, take DS6 to gymnastics, & come home to clean & do some laundry. I've been slacking a little since we've been outside so much.

I hope everyone is having great weather as well. It's such a mental boost from the cold, dreary winter. I'll check back later. Enjoy your day

Jill
Old 04-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #210
lisah0711
her Disney office

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
If I could choose my locales, I would swim at Trunk Bay for one day, hike through the Swiss Alps for another and canoe down a crystal blue river somewhere in the Caribbean

Otherwise, 3 days of treadmill staring at my goal jeans hanging on a hook!
Love the jeans idea!

Quote:
Hi everyone, great answers to yesterdays question.....I particularly identify with Imhall2000's goal jeans' comment. In the past I have always had something to aim for or a reason to lose weight, but this time I'm doing it for me and me alone!!!

If I could change one thing about my eating habits for a month I would get rid of the witching hour between when I come home from work and when dinner is served -- I can eat a whole days calories in that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1102 View Post
QOTD for Tuesday 9th April 2013

I would try to eat my food more regularly. I tend to eat a small breakfast, a small lunch, and then graze at dinner. I am usually with in my points, but I need to try to balance it more during the day so that I am keeping my levels even and not wanting to eat everything in sight come 6:00.
I know exactly how you feel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
I would have to say I would change my emotional eating. Yesterday was a horrible day filled with one bad decision after another, mostly involving rum. Which did nothing for my state of mind and the reason I was emotional in the first place!!

However today is a new day, and I just have to get back on the wagon and stick to my plan. Already did my workout and we are going to have meatless tuesday since yesterday was not at all meatless!!

Now I am off to start my workweek so it will be much easier to stay on my diet! Hope everyone has a great night!
Sorry for the crummy day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Just one???

I would have to cut out diet dr. pepper's for the rest of my life!!

(But if I could cheat and have two..) I would make it so that I COULD just eat 2 french fries and be happy
You are coming up with some good ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Hmm, I guess it would be so I don't always crave something sweet after eating dinner (and sometimesbreakfast and lunch ). Usually, since I am eatring so much better these days, I am okay with eating one or two pieces of sugar free chocolate or a small serving of sugar free jello (made with cocnout milk it is super yummy!) and I am okay. But it would be nice if I didn't feel the need at all
Sounds like great substitutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mystery Machine View Post

Sorry for the bad day and nightmares. Today is that great, big beautiful tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Morning all! They ended up NOT needing me at work today, so I have a BONUS DAY here at home! I plan to spend about 30 minutes on clean up, hit the TM, take a shower, and then spend some time at the scrapping table!

I'll catch up here now and then BBL at lunch to chat again!.............P
Enjoy your bonus day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Lol! Thanks! Actually, we did have break but we don't get a true spring break here. We got off the Thursday & Friday before Easter & the Monday after. Work is better this week, so I just keep thinking...38 more school days!! I can make it! Plus, we've had beautiful weather & it's an instant mood booster after the loooong winter
38 more school days -- not too long and then you can enjoy one of the best perks of teaching -- summertime!

Have a great day all!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: