Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #181
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,654

Hi everyone - have been rather absent, sorry! I had a good weekend. Went on a 10 mile hike yesterday with my father and then did my Ripped in 30 workout in the evening. Was very proud. Have now finished week 2. But I decided that I am going to change my workout routine. The weather is finally warming up and I really want to go out running again. So I decided that I am going to alternate runs and Jillian Michael and will take one day of rest (this week two as I am travelling). My scale is not moving anywhere and I hope by incorporating more cardio again it might shock my body into finally letting go of that weight. I am sooo tired of not losing anything. And this leads to my eating becoming less good. I am still doing ok, but I just want to lose a tiny bit more before my vacation!!!

PlutoBaby: My current new habit that I am working on is taking smaller bites. I just love to take big bites of my food. But I really need to slow down my eating. I am already eating slower, taking small breaks between putting food into my mouth. But next step is that the amount of food going in needs to be reduced.
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #182
pix13dust
DIS Veteran
 
pix13dust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 594

Hi Kim!

I agree with baby steps! Even though I was a confirmed couch potato, somehow it was easier to get into an exercise routine than an eating healthier routine! It's taken me about 7 months but I've gone from a strict junk food vegetarian diet to a plant based diet. I started by eliminating wine with dinner a couple of nights a week, then I added a healthy breakfast, then lunch, then dinner. Cut out most snacks, it took a long time but I think the slow approach to eating healthy is what really made it stick!

Good luck!
Melinda
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #183
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.
 
bigsis1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Standish, Maine
Posts: 7,430

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Oh my! I guess everyone must be out enjoying nice weather

I totally agree with you on this QOTD. I wish DH would help a little more with the meal planning. He will grocery shop (if I ask-I actually like shopping) and he either makes dinner or assists me. He does dishes, also. But, I like to plan a weekly menu at a time. I wish he'd look for some new healthy recipes that sound good since he's the picky one.

Jill
Jill we are very similar..

My Hubs is a chef so I take care of all the cooking at home with a weekly menu - sometimes I am 3 weeks ahead.. the Hubs likes to clean - he has a bit of OCD - so I cook he cleans works for us.. we both go grocery shopping because we like it.. and thankfully he isn't too pickey (he just doesn't care for seafood) what he could do to help is get on board with being healthier - quit the soda for one! that is my biggest one for him I guess - and eat more veggies
__________________

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13


8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #184
Eliza32
DIS Veteran
 
Eliza32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yorkshire, England
Posts: 1,226

Hi Everyone

Bit late in the day for me (dinner is already in the oven!). My routine got messed up this morning as DH developed a migraine before leaving for work, so I went without him and realised that I'd forgotten not only to set QOTD for you guys, but I also forgot to take my mobile phone with me!

Thanks for all of the great replies to yesterday's question, hugs to those of you who have no help around the house...think I'd kick him out if he didn't help...I was brought up in a family where even if you went out to work, you were still expected to contribute to household chores.

Anyway, had a busy day at work today, it was quiet in the office, so managed to get caught up on loads of stuff that kept getting put to the bottom of my in-tray. Dinner is in the oven (roasted potatoes, squash, parsnips and carrots, with pork loin steaks done with thyme, lemon zest and black pepper. I'll drizzle it all with a bit of balsamic vinegar when done). Who knows, I may even find 30 minutes to go out for a walk after eating.

Which brings me on to......
QOTD for Monday 8th April 2013

If you only had time to exercise for 30 minutes, 3 times a week, what would you do?? Aerobics, swimming, running?? Same thing every day, something different each day??


As you all know by now, exercise is not top of my list of priorities, but I do need to do something, so I'm starting Couch to 5K next week and am planning on entering 'Race for Life' which is a charity 5K run all over the UK throughout the summer. Our local one is on 7th July, so should be enough time to train and produce a convincing attempt on the day!!

Look forward to hearing from you all

Last edited by Eliza32; 04-08-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #185
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,745

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Good morning everyone!

Just got back yesterday from another great trip to the Mouse! It was busy but not super crowded and there was SO much to see with the Flower and Garden festival going on. This year had a ton of booths selling stuff including and F&G version of food booths. Unfortunately, we were only there for a few hours and the DH is not one to poke around booths with me. I could easily have spent at least a day and half there racking up credit cards! We did get to see the Turtles perform and they were hilarious! Cracking jokes about their age throughout the show and they even had what we affectionately nicknamed "Grandma Groupies"!

I even managed to be pretty good about my eating weekend eating. We went to a brewhouse in Orlando on Friday night. Thankfully, the skinny margarita stunk, so I didn't even finish it. Had shrimp scampi for dinner which was way overdone with lemon, so I didn't even eat much of that. Saturday morning, we took the Wonder Mutt and our friend's dog for a one hour walk and the weather was beyond beautiful! I did have a couple of Bailey's when we were watching British Revolution in the UK but no pretzels! We stopped at this burger place on the way home and I chowed on a pretty good veggie burger, but since my stomach felt a little off on the way home, the only thing I drank around the fire that night was water. So I'm glad to say I did pretty well considering. Until we ordered Italian when we got home and I ended up having three dinner rolls with my ravioli. Oh well, can't win them all.....

Changing up my eating the habits this week with limiting my carb intake from bread and pasta (even the whole wheat stuff!). Even the DH is on board with trying something new! Our friends made us these Herbalife meal shakes (mint chocolate, yum!) So we ordered a container and are going to start having 1-2 of those a day. The DH has already lost 5 pounds over the past couple of weeks and I was SO happy to hear that! I'm hoping just making these few minor changes will get my scale moving in the right direction for both of us before we hit the skies for Italy. Which prompts me to ask this: I've read it takes 21 days for a change to become habit. What is one small thing everyone does to change their eating habits? I'm hoping maybe I can get some good suggestions here.
Sounds like you had a fun time without going overboard on the food. Sorry you had some bad meal experiences though. And good for you for trying something new. We had a friend on the BL boards for a while who was really into the Herbalife shakes. I believe she even started selling them..... but she hasn't been around since the start of the year.

Anyhow.... changing eating habits??? For me, I really need to start thinking back to the restart of this journey for me, because it is hard to remember exactly what I was doing back!

One thing I try to change is slower eating (try to put down my fork/spoon between bites when I can).... also weighing/measuring EVERYTHING (especially more calorie dense foods like fats, nuts, cheeses). And NO MORE WHITE CARBS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Good morning all!

Just returned from a little spring break trip to sunny Arizona. It was fun and we were able to see both sides of the family but also a tad stressful as I especially am feeling the pinch of being the sandwich generation. .

Glad you had a good trip!!

So sorry about the robotics malfunction, Pamela. Sounds like the boys took it well. Have fun shopping for prom dresses.

Thanks. She pretty much knows what dress she wants.... just need to cross our fingers that the store has it in stock in her size, since the next closest of this chain is over 2 hours away...

For changing habits I say pick one thing and when you have that down, pick another. I think it is natural to want to hurry things along and do everything but then you just get burned out and overwhelmed. Well, I do anyway.

Great suggestion!

I returned from vacation weighing exactly what I weighed when I left so I consider that a success!

BIG success!!!

Have a great day all!
You too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi everyone - have been rather absent, sorry! I had a good weekend. Went on a 10 mile hike yesterday with my father and then did my Ripped in 30 workout in the evening. Was very proud. Have now finished week 2. But I decided that I am going to change my workout routine. The weather is finally warming up and I really want to go out running again. So I decided that I am going to alternate runs and Jillian Michael and will take one day of rest (this week two as I am travelling). My scale is not moving anywhere and I hope by incorporating more cardio again it might shock my body into finally letting go of that weight. I am sooo tired of not losing anything. And this leads to my eating becoming less good. I am still doing ok, but I just want to lose a tiny bit more before my vacation!!!

I don't blame you for being frustrated. I definitely think that a CHANGE in your workout schedule/routine will shake things up!!

PlutoBaby: My current new habit that I am working on is taking smaller bites. I just love to take big bites of my food. But I really need to slow down my eating. I am already eating slower, taking small breaks between putting food into my mouth. But next step is that the amount of food going in needs to be reduced.
Baby steps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Hi Everyone

Bit late in the day for me (dinner is already in the oven!). My routine got messed up this morning as DH developed a migraine before leaving for work, so I went without him and realised that I'd forgotten not only to set QOTD for you guys, but I also forgot to take my mobile phone with me!

Thanks for all of the great replies to yesterday's question, hugs to those of you who have no help around the house...think I'd kick him out if he didn't help...I was brought up in a family where even if you went out to work, you were still expected to contribute to household chores.

Anyway, had a busy day at work today, it was quiet in the office, so managed to get caught up on loads of stuff that kept getting put to the bottom of my in-tray. Dinner is in the oven (roasted potatoes, squash, parsnips and carrots, with pork loin steaks done with thyme, lemon zest and black pepper. I'll drizzle it all with a bit of balsamic vinegar when done). Who knows, I may even find 30 minutes to go out for a walk after eating.

YUMMMMM!

Which brings me on to......
QOTD for Monday 8th April 2013

If you only had time to exercise for 30 minutes, 3 times a week, what would you do?? Aerobics, swimming, running?? Same thing every day, something different each day??
I think I would stick with two days of cardio and one day of weight training. If I wanted more cardio, I think I could manage to "sneak" it into my daily routine (taking the stairs more often, walking from across the parking lot, etc).

****************

Exercise done, beds made, two loads of laundry hanging in the sun, bedrooms picked up, emails answered, lunch made and consumed, showered and dressed!! I got most of the things I needed to do DONE today!!

Off to finish up some stuff around the house before I pick up DD! TTYL.........P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #186
pix13dust
DIS Veteran
 
pix13dust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 594

QOTD for Monday 8th April 2013 If you only had time to exercise for 30 minutes, 3 times a week, what would you do?? Aerobics, swimming, running?? Same thing every day, something different each day??

Good question!

I would run two days a week and do yoga one day a week! In the winter, no running, so I would yoga 3 days a week!

Thanks
Melinda
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #187
nocomment711
Ces Soirees-La
 
nocomment711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 335

I'm almost at 20 pounds lost! Only 6 pounds away from my Disneyland goal (which is 2 months away!)
nocomment711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #188
penguin1102
Mouseketeer
 
penguin1102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: 10 minutes from Disneyland
Posts: 136

QOTD: I would run 3 days a week. I am doing weight watchers and my leader is putting on a 5k in june. I would really like to be able to run and complete it so that is my current goal.
__________________
Me DH
~Jessica
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/w4iEkqP/]
penguin1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #189
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.
 
PlutoBaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 984

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post

PlutoBaby: My current new habit that I am working on is taking smaller bites. I just love to take big bites of my food. But I really need to slow down my eating. I am already eating slower, taking small breaks between putting food into my mouth. But next step is that the amount of food going in needs to be reduced.
I love that idea and I'm definitely on board with that one already. I'm always the last one to finish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
Hi Kim!

I agree with baby steps! Even though I was a confirmed couch potato, somehow it was easier to get into an exercise routine than an eating healthier routine! It's taken me about 7 months but I've gone from a strict junk food vegetarian diet to a plant based diet. I started by eliminating wine with dinner a couple of nights a week, then I added a healthy breakfast, then lunch, then dinner. Cut out most snacks, it took a long time but I think the slow approach to eating healthy is what really made it stick!

Good luck!
Melinda
Thanks! I think the next step is cutting back on those nighttime snack attacks. Either a WW snack OR a little popcorn but not both.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post

QOTD for Monday 8th April 2013

If you only had time to exercise for 30 minutes, 3 times a week, what would you do?? Aerobics, swimming, running?? Same thing every day, something different each day??


As long as my IT's were healthy, it would definitely be running. Since I try my first CrossFit class this Friday, that answer may change. I think I would see the best results though if I changed it up often.

As you all know by now, exercise is not top of my list of priorities, but I do need to do something, so I'm starting Couch to 5K next week and am planning on entering 'Race for Life' which is a charity 5K run all over the UK throughout the summer. Our local one is on 7th July, so should be enough time to train and produce a convincing attempt on the day!!

Look forward to hearing from you all


Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Sounds like you had a fun time without going overboard on the food. Sorry you had some bad meal experiences though. And good for you for trying something new. We had a friend on the BL boards for a while who was really into the Herbalife shakes. I believe she even started selling them..... but she hasn't been around since the start of the year.

Anyhow.... changing eating habits??? For me, I really need to start thinking back to the restart of this journey for me, because it is hard to remember exactly what I was doing back!

One thing I try to change is slower eating (try to put down my fork/spoon between bites when I can).... also weighing/measuring EVERYTHING (especially more calorie dense foods like fats, nuts, cheeses). And NO MORE WHITE CARBS!!
I had started doing this along with sipping water in between bites, but forgot about it. Definitely an easy thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment711 View Post
I'm almost at 20 pounds lost! Only 6 pounds away from my Disneyland goal (which is 2 months away!)
Yippee!!!

Kimberley
__________________
www.blackdogrunsdisney.com

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #190
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!
 
BernardandMissBianca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blink and ya miss it, CT
Posts: 23,278
DISboards Moderator

OMG!!! Stop the insanity!!
I can not stop eating today. I don't know what my issue is.
I need to go do a workout and attempt to burn some of it off.
I think I'm eating to many carbs and it's making me more hungry.

But on the up side, I have been 1 month chocolate free. Holy cow, is that hard!! But it severely limits the amount of sweets I eat. There is a lot of stuff out there with chocolate and a lot of stuff I like with chocolate.

I'm not sure how long I will be able to do it because there are times when I desperately miss chocolate chip cookies and oreos, but right now my desire to be thin and healthy is trumping my need of chocolate. I don't know if that will ever change though.
__________________
~BuffyDHDS18DS13DS12DD8
Focus your attention.
BernardandMissBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #191
araes2102
Mouseketeer
 
araes2102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: the desert
Posts: 490

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
DS's Robotics alliance ended up with some bad luck and didn't advance past the quarter finals. One of the robots in their alliance threw a wheel in the third round and was essentially dead in the water. That being said, their alliance only lost by 11 points and if that robot had been working properly they would have DEFINITELY won their round and advanced to the semi-finals. But that's the way the cookie crumbles, right??? The kids seemed to take it well, but I felt especially bad the the Seniors in the group to end their robotics years on a down note.

I am not working today, but have plenty to do to keep me busy here.... plus I pick up DD early on Mondays so that she can make it to practice by 3:30.... and after practice today we are going shopping for a PROM dress!!
Sorry about your DS's robotics experience But so exciting to get a prom dress for DD today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
YUM!! DH got one of those Mr. Beer kits for Christmas, but I don't think he really has any interest in it. Wish you were closer and I could give it to you! For now it just takes up room in the garage.
Oh, DF would LOVE you for it too! He just went to the homemade beer making store we have in town today and was practically drooling... But that's how he is, gets super into something for a bit and then moves on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Just got back yesterday from another great trip to the Mouse! It was busy but not super crowded and there was SO much to see with the Flower and Garden festival going on. This year had a ton of booths selling stuff including and F&G version of food booths. Unfortunately, we were only there for a few hours and the DH is not one to poke around booths with me. I could easily have spent at least a day and half there racking up credit cards! We did get to see the Turtles perform and they were hilarious! Cracking jokes about their age throughout the show and they even had what we affectionately nicknamed "Grandma Groupies"!
Sounds like you had a super trip to the Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Just returned from a little spring break trip to sunny Arizona. It was fun and we were able to see both sides of the family but also a tad stressful as I especially am feeling the pinch of being the sandwich generation. .
Hey! You visited us! We did have nice weather here the past week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
QOTD for Monday 8th April 2013

If you only had time to exercise for 30 minutes, 3 times a week, what would you do?? Aerobics, swimming, running?? Same thing every day, something different each day??
I think I too would do 2 days of cardio and a day of strength, and most likely the elliptical for my cardio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
OMG!!! Stop the insanity!!
I can not stop eating today. I don't know what my issue is.
I need to go do a workout and attempt to burn some of it off.
I think I'm eating to many carbs and it's making me more hungry.

But on the up side, I have been 1 month chocolate free. Holy cow, is that hard!! But it severely limits the amount of sweets I eat. There is a lot of stuff out there with chocolate and a lot of stuff I like with chocolate.

I'm not sure how long I will be able to do it because there are times when I desperately miss chocolate chip cookies and oreos, but right now my desire to be thin and healthy is trumping my need of chocolate. I don't know if that will ever change though.
We have all had those days, hang in there!! And congrats on the choco-accomplishment

************************

I guess I didn't mark the post about making smal changes... Mine was to start carrying a water bottle wherever I go. It really helps! I usually get 15 glasses of water a day Also, being mindful of when I am eating, as in making sure I eat something every 4 hours or so, that way I don't get famished!

Okey doke, BBL to update our progress!!
__________________
Amanda DF (Engaged in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle 7/10/12!) DS-13 DD-7



araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #192
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Hi Everyone

Which brings me on to......
QOTD for Monday 8th April 2013

If you only had time to exercise for 30 minutes, 3 times a week, what would you do?? Aerobics, swimming, running?? Same thing every day, something different each day??

I think I would mix it up a lot. I enjoy running and circuit training the most. But, I'd also like to add in walking, spinning, and yoga to mix it up a bit. Who knows? I may even throw in a dance cardio routine if I'm feeling crazy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, I really don't have time to reply tonight. My computer was acting up and it took like 30 minutes to connect to the internet Hopefully, I will have time for replies tomorrow. I'm going to head off to relax a bit. It's been a crazy busy day with work (state testing started today for math and reading-yay!), 30ds, a long walk with the dog, dinner, and drums for DS. Have a great night & I'll be back tomorrow sometime.

Jill
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #193
araes2102
Mouseketeer
 
araes2102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: the desert
Posts: 490

Our progress post has been updated! Lovin all the color change!

Please let me know if I missed you!

Also, as a reminder (and friendly solicitation) we have the following coaching positions open:

April 20-26 OPEN
April 27-30 OPEN
__________________
Amanda DF (Engaged in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle 7/10/12!) DS-13 DD-7



araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #194
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,745

Morning all! I'm at work today and finally found a computer I can access, but I only have 8 minutes until it is time for the kiddos to arrive. I may have time around 9:30 am to pop on again.

They also need me here at work for the entire rest of the week, so it is going to be a crazy one! DH is away for work, so at least I am not worrying about creating family meals every night. The kids and I are content with leftovers, etc when DH is away.

Didn't find "the" dress that we went looking for last night (DD had found it online), but were able to locate it in another store in MA and decided to order it. Fingers crossed that it looks as wonderful as we think it will because I don't think it is returnable! DD knows pretty much what looks good on her and what flatters her and she has tried on this style of dress before, so I have high hopes!!

Kids are filing in, so I will try to read just a bit here before I have my first students and then I will pop on later to chat a bit more!.........P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #195
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,745

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomment711 View Post
I'm almost at 20 pounds lost! Only 6 pounds away from my Disneyland goal (which is 2 months away!)
Great job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1102 View Post
QOTD: I would run 3 days a week. I am doing weight watchers and my leader is putting on a 5k in june. I would really like to be able to run and complete it so that is my current goal.
Is your WW leader putting this on herself/himself personally or is this a WW event?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
OMG!!! Stop the insanity!!
I can not stop eating today. I don't know what my issue is.
I need to go do a workout and attempt to burn some of it off.
I think I'm eating to many carbs and it's making me more hungry.

But on the up side, I have been 1 month chocolate free. Holy cow, is that hard!! But it severely limits the amount of sweets I eat. There is a lot of stuff out there with chocolate and a lot of stuff I like with chocolate.

I'm not sure how long I will be able to do it because there are times when I desperately miss chocolate chip cookies and oreos, but right now my desire to be thin and healthy is trumping my need of chocolate. I don't know if that will ever change though.
Maybe you need to find another satisfying HEALTHY sweet? I understand giving up the chocolate as it leads to overeating.... but if you are feeling deprived.... well... you know what can happen.

Carb eating definitely leads to CARB CRAVING! I try to keep reminding myself of that fact! But good for you for being ONE MONTH chocolate-free!! That is pretty amazing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Sorry about your DS's robotics experience But so exciting to get a prom dress for DD today!

I'm anxious to hear what the overall team feeling is this week once they have a time to sit and talk about how the competition went.

Pixie dust and prayers appreciated that the dress is just perfect when it arrives!!



Oh, DF would LOVE you for it too! He just went to the homemade beer making store we have in town today and was practically drooling... But that's how he is, gets super into something for a bit and then moves on...

DBrother bought it for DH for Christmas. I thought DH might have some interest in it and he desperately NEEDS a hobby.... but so far the box has sat untouched.

I guess I didn't mark the post about making smal changes... Mine was to start carrying a water bottle wherever I go. It really helps! I usually get 15 glasses of water a day Also, being mindful of when I am eating, as in making sure I eat something every 4 hours or so, that way I don't get famished!

Okey doke, BBL to update our progress!!
Water is another great suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
I think I would mix it up a lot. I enjoy running and circuit training the most. But, I'd also like to add in walking, spinning, and yoga to mix it up a bit. Who knows? I may even throw in a dance cardio routine if I'm feeling crazy

Whatever it takes to keep us moving, right??~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, I really don't have time to reply tonight. My computer was acting up and it took like 30 minutes to connect to the internet Hopefully, I will have time for replies tomorrow. I'm going to head off to relax a bit. It's been a crazy busy day with work (state testing started today for math and reading-yay!), 30ds, a long walk with the dog, dinner, and drums for DS. Have a great night & I'll be back tomorrow sometime.

Jill
Prayers that your day goes smoothly. Our computer has been acting crazy too... maybe it is spring fever!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Our progress post has been updated! Lovin all the color change!

Please let me know if I missed you!

Also, as a reminder (and friendly solicitation) we have the following coaching positions open:

April 20-26 OPEN
April 27-30 OPEN
I could probably coach April 20-26 if that would help!

***************

Okay.... .caught up and first student finished! Onward to the next group!........P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: