Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #151
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

I am on track to meet my goal this month and I really believe that being on this and the exercise thread are keeping me motivated and accountable!! Totally happy!!

I have also started using MyFitnessPal on my phone to track my food. Its been working great so far, but it might explode on my free day today!! I have never really tracked a free day so this will be a real eye opener!!

Have a bunch of errands to run today and lots of shopping to do. My toe doesnt hurt at all today so I might be able to get in a nice walk!! If nothing else, I wonder if I can count shopping at Costco as an activity?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #152
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Keep sending in those weigh-ins everybody!

I weighed-in the same this.. l guess it is good that it isn't a gain

But I have been super hungry, or maybe just snacking because I am sitting at my desk I ate a whole container of raspberries plus 2 Atkins bars (which I only usually have for a quick snack or meal on the go) PLUS I don't think I will have time to get to the gym today Oh well, I have stuffed mushrooms waiting at home for dinner so I know those will be low calorie

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #153
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
I know I ask this every challenge, but there are certain utensils in my kitchen I think are absolute genius.

QUOTD Thursday April 4

What are your top 3 favorite kitchen gadgets.

Mine are hands down--my handheld lime squeezer--No.1, my bagel cutter, and I've really started to enjoy my food processor lately.

Have a great day!
Honestly, I don't really have any favorite gadgets. I do love my crockpot, though. It's so nice to not have to stand a cook a meal sometimes. I'm currently looking for new, healthy crockpot recipes. I also agree with others on the knives and probably my mini-chopper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post

And Saturday and Sunday are new recipes. I just got Gwyneth Paltrow's new cookbook. I wouldn't have gone out for it myself, but my sister is a fan and offered me her Amazon pre-order after having decided to buy an autographed copy instead. I have her first one but have just made a couple of things from it - I have another bad kitchen habit of picking up cookbooks that look good and then never actually working from them! Trying to change that.

So anyhoo. She goes a bit farther down some roads than I care to, but I like a lot of the general ideas she espouses about eating healthy, whole foods, and I like that this new book has no sugar. Sweeteners are natural and spare. There's very little dairy, and *lots* of gluten-free. I'm not GF, but I've thought about trying to reduce my gluten intake to see how I feel when I do that.

Both recipes for this weekend come from the kid-friendly section. Saturday night will be the Italian-Style Fish Fingers, and Sunday night will be the Japanese Chicken Meatballs. Both sound really yummy! We'll do them up with fresh veggies and a pesto dipping sauce for at least the chicken, if not also the fish. Yay, cooking adventures!

XO
Liz
This sounds interesting. I may look and see if the library has this book or any other clean eating cookbooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Quotd April 5 Friday:

What's your favorite spring flower or tree?

Mine is the Tulip tree. They are so beautiful it makes me angry at our way of treating trees in general....
I love my lilacs. I also love cherry blossoms. They are beautiful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy weekend! I really have no plans this weekend, so I am pretty happy. I already did 1/2 of my grocery shopping for next week. I usually plan meals from Saturday-Friday. I try to grocery shop on Fridays or Saturday mornings. I wanted to go to Sam's Club since I haven't been for awhile. It's about 20 minutes away, so we left right after the kids got out of school. I got most of what I needed (plus more, of course). I enjoy shopping there because whatever I buy makes 2 or more meals. So, I still need to hit another store tomorrow for some small things (I really didn't need 18 rolls for DHs meatball sandwich dinner ). That's my only real plan.

I have a horrible headache today and can't get rid of it. I think we are supposed to be getting rain tomorrow, so that's probably why. I did manage to take the dog for a 30 minute walk at the park with DH, so that was nice. It's still pretty chilly, but it was sunny

I will have to weigh in tomorrow. I have to be honest, I worked out Tues-today, ate pretty good, and I feel so big! I feel so bloated I am really not expecting a loss of all, which is pretty sucky. I hope I feel lighter soon!

Have a great night! I'm off to chillax

Jill
Old 04-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #154
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

So I have been tracking my food on MyFitnessPal and today is my free day....... All I can say is....... Seriously!!!! And since when is a serving of a cinnamon roll only 1/3 of a roll...... Who only eats 1/3 of a cinnamon roll???? I am calling shenanigans!!!

Last edited by Lindaland; 04-05-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:41 AM   #155
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Well...... it seems I have killed the thread!!!

Sorry about that.....

Old 04-06-2013, 04:00 AM   #156
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Morning everyone (sorry if it's still Friday where you are). It's a lovely sunny day here, so I'm jumping in on my first time as coach........(thanks to 50'sJayne for last week)

QOTD Saturday 6th April 2013:

Now that spring is officially upon us, I'm asking 'Do you change your eating habits with the seasons?'

I eat more salads in summer, more stews in winter, and would never eat oatmeal (porridge) or soup in hot weather. I would like to eat more 'seasonal' fruit and veg, but unfortunately farmers markets are few and far between here, and the supermarkets stock pretty much everything all year round. I do try to buy British produce where I can though.

Have a great day everyone, be back to check in on you all later.

Last edited by Eliza32; 04-06-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:12 AM   #157
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
So I have been tracking my food on MyFitnessPal and today is my free day....... All I can say is....... Seriously!!!! And since when is a serving of a cinnamon roll only 1/3 of a roll...... Who only eats 1/3 of a cinnamon roll???? I am calling shenanigans!!!
This had me laughing so hard. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Morning everyone (sorry if it's still Friday where you are). It's a lovely sunny day here, so I'm jumping in on my first time as coach........(thanks the 50'sJayne for last week)

Now that spring is officially upon us, I'm asking 'Do you change your eating habits with the seasons?'
Hi and thanks for coaching! I definitely eat differently. I eat a lot "lighter" in the spring & summer. We have more veggies and fruits & less "comfort" like meals. When it's freezing out, I don't like to eat cold meals like salads, either. Like you said, I don't make soups or stews in the summer. I am very much looking toward to trying new recipes on the grill this year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My stinking headache knocked me out last night & I went to bed when the kids did at 9:00. Well, now I'm up bright & early on the only day I can sleep in & I still have the headache

I think I'll relax in bed & read for a bit. Then the plan is a yoga dvd, a quick trip to the store for a few things, and then a long walk with the pup. Hope the weather is nice today (supposed to be 57 degrees-whoop!). I better get my kids outside to burn off some energy as well.

Hope you all have a relaxing Saturday!

Jill
Old 04-06-2013, 05:33 AM   #158
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Morning everyone (sorry if it's still Friday where you are). It's a lovely sunny day here, so I'm jumping in on my first time as coach........(thanks the 50'sJayne for last week)

I do change my eating! Lots more veggies & fresh fruits. Less casseroles and more BBQ. I don't know if its the season, since we can get veggies and fruits year round, as much as it is the weather. If its hot, you don't want the oven on but the BBQ is great. Also I think people are outside more in their yard and then want to enjoy it later in the day. Picnics at the beach, vacations and shorts are also good motivators to eat a little better!
During the holidays you want the family favorite cookies and big dinners, lots of celebrations with food & drinks etc..

Old 04-06-2013, 06:50 AM   #159
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Good morning! It is going to be another lovely day here, high of 70!!!!

QOTD? Oh yea, I do change it up a bit with more fruits and veggies. I cannot wait! This time around I am going to really get out there and go to some farmer's markets.

I was on a roll with losing 2lbs and then bam bounced back to maintaining.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!
The Mystery Machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:32 AM   #160
WDWorBUST
BL II - Purple Team
Okay I need my head examined....

Good morning all! So I have bounced back from Easter finally on the scale which I'm happy about today I am going to work on a picket fence for our front yard. I have been working on this project since last July/August and would really like to get it done this weekend....I'm pretty close. Of course that just means I can start the back privacy fence project...lol! Actually I will probably try to whip out some garden boxes next. We really enjoy squash so I would like to at least get some squash plants going if nothing else. I ended up cutting down 6 foot pickets for my fence because it was actually more cost effective so I have a lot of short cedar pieces I plan to use for garden boxes and planters. We also eat more fresh foods in the summer....they're easily available and more affordable. It is supposed to be super nice here today so we will spend most of the day outside....hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #161
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
I must agree....many "serving sizes" are so whack and unrealistic!

Quote:
Well...... it seems I have killed the thread!!!

Sorry about that.....
Don't worry...I'm guilty of that on occasion!. They all do eventually return!

Quote:
Morning everyone (sorry if it's still Friday where you are). It's a lovely sunny day here, so I'm jumping in on my first time as coach........(thanks to 50'sJayne for last week)

Definitely! More fresh in-season fruits and veggies in the summer and fall...more stews, soups, and other warm comfort foods in the winter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWorBUST View Post
Good morning all! So I have bounced back from Easter finally on the scale which I'm happy about today I am going to work on a picket fence for our front yard. I have been working on this project since last July/August and would really like to get it done this weekend....I'm pretty close. Of course that just means I can start the back privacy fence project...lol! Actually I will probably try to whip out some garden boxes next. We really enjoy squash so I would like to at least get some squash plants going if nothing else. I ended up cutting down 6 foot pickets for my fence because it was actually more cost effective so I have a lot of short cedar pieces I plan to use for garden boxes and planters. We also eat more fresh foods in the summer....they're easily available and more affordable. It is supposed to be super nice here today so we will spend most of the day outside....hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
What a nice project you are working on. I like doing projects like that, but sadly I rarely have time for them.

Happy Saturday to you all! Here at the robotics competition again today. Yesterday they didn't do great with the scoring, but ended the day winning the award for Imagery! Fingers crossed that today's remaining matches go well!

Despite being surrounded by "stadium food" yesterday, I managed to stay right OP, although I didn't get any "real" exercise, outside of climbing up and down lots of stairs to my seat. And I've already climbed up and down about 5 times today already! but I will have to plan on a solid 30+minutes of real exercise Sunday thru. Thursday this week to make up for none since last Thurs.

Lunch today will be another trip to the grocery store...today we will get salad bar. Also brought along some cheese sticks and figs for snacking on this morning.

Off to continue cheering! .........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #162
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy weekend! I really have no plans this weekend, so I am pretty happy. I already did 1/2 of my grocery shopping for next week. I usually plan meals from Saturday-Friday. I try to grocery shop on Fridays or Saturday mornings. I wanted to go to Sam's Club since I haven't been for awhile. It's about 20 minutes away, so we left right after the kids got out of school. I got most of what I needed (plus more, of course). I enjoy shopping there because whatever I buy makes 2 or more meals. So, I still need to hit another store tomorrow for some small things (I really didn't need 18 rolls for DHs meatball sandwich dinner ). That's my only real plan.

I have a horrible headache today and can't get rid of it. I think we are supposed to be getting rain tomorrow, so that's probably why. I did manage to take the dog for a 30 minute walk at the park with DH, so that was nice. It's still pretty chilly, but it was sunny

I will have to weigh in tomorrow. I have to be honest, I worked out Tues-today, ate pretty good, and I feel so big! I feel so bloated I am really not expecting a loss of all, which is pretty sucky. I hope I feel lighter soon!

Have a great night! I'm off to chillax

Jill
Sorry about the headache. Hope you feel better today! Hopefully the scale wasn't too disappointing. Good job getting outside yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by araes2102 View Post
Keep sending in those weigh-ins everybody!

I weighed-in the same this.. l guess it is good that it isn't a gain

But I have been super hungry, or maybe just snacking because I am sitting at my desk I ate a whole container of raspberries plus 2 Atkins bars (which I only usually have for a quick snack or meal on the go) PLUS I don't think I will have time to get to the gym today Oh well, I have stuffed mushrooms waiting at home for dinner so I know those will be low calorie
Raspberries are a great "high volume" snack for those really hungry days!

Quote:
I am on track to meet my goal this month and I really believe that being on this and the exercise thread are keeping me motivated and accountable!! Totally happy!!

I have also started using MyFitnessPal on my phone to track my food. Its been working great so far, but it might explode on my free day today!! I have never really tracked a free day so this will be a real eye opener!!

Have a bunch of errands to run today and lots of shopping to do. My toe doesnt hurt at all today so I might be able to get in a nice walk!! If nothing else, I wonder if I can count shopping at Costco as an activity?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Glad your toe doesn't hurt. Costco definitely counts for an activity as long as you don't stop at every sample station!

I think I'm pretty well caught up for now!............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #163
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

I am in it to lose it!
Will do my first weigh in on April 12th
Goal for April will be ten pounds from 12-30

Wanting 10 off each month until Sept 1 which means I will be at goal for first time in 18 years! WDw trip to motivate me!

Exercising 5 days a week and replacing all dinner meals with spinach, kale, fruit smoothie!

Next month trying Jillian shred!

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #164
pjlla
<><

Robotics team got picked to be in an alliance for quarter finals and are tied 1-1 in a best of three! Pixie dust in the next 10 minutes PLEASE! ..........P

Old 04-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #165
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Robotics team got picked to be in an alliance for quarter finals and are tied 1-1 in a best of three! Pixie dust in the next 10 minutes PLEASE! ..........P
Good luck & lots of pixi dust!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: