Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
houseofmouse5
Mouseketeer

Experiences at the new CG?

Now that CG is remodeled and the menu is changed what do you think? We have an ADR for our last night there but I love Narccoossee's and want to make sure I won't be disappointed in CG.
Thanks
houseofmouse5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

I keep hearing bad reviews but remind myself that you never hear from those that leave happy... we have reservations for January and can't decide what to do.
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
chocolateavocado
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
I keep hearing bad reviews but remind myself that you never hear from those that leave happy... we have reservations for January and can't decide what to do.
We don't know what to do either - We have reservations for November, but after all the recent feedback we don't know if we should keep the reservation or change to somewhere else while there's still places available. It's our 1st Disney trip & here are so many places to chose from. We only have a few nights and want to make the most of them!

1st WDW trip- Nov 2013 @ The Polynesian
chocolateavocado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #4
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

We were in the same boat. I had an ADR 10/6/13 but just cancelled and booked Citrico instead. I hate to be swayed by all the bad reviews but I guess I am. At least Citrico gets really good reviews. It's a signature meal I haven't tried yet so I'm going with it. We'll try CG next time when things get ironed out there a little more.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
margareton27
Earning My Ears

We are thinking of cancelling as well for 10/1. Might try another signature or maybe Boma
margareton27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #6
houseofmouse5
Mouseketeer

Oh no this is not sounding good. Like all of you I certainly don't want to spend all that money and walk away with just a good viewing spot of Wishes!
houseofmouse5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
joxer1014
Mouseketeer

Can someone point me in the direction of these bad reviews? I have only seen one so far and that poster focused on the service and not much on the food itself. I have been checking the board since they re-opened and havent seen much good or bad.
joxer1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #8
SqueakyMouse
DIS Veteran

Experiencing the same dilemma.

Way, Way Too Many Trips to List

Upcoming trips:

June 2014 WBC
October 2014 WBC
December 2014 WBC
April 2015 WBC
SqueakyMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #9
dsneygirl
My little pirate is here
The mixed drinks always tasted yummy to me

Haven't read any bad reviews but we ate there on 9/16 and it was delicious. Service was impeccable. DH and I had sushi to start, he had the filet and I had the scallops. Split the ice cream sundae trio for dessert.
FW 1980, 1984, 1988, DxL 1992, Canada Pavillon CM July 1997-July 1998, (Met DH at the BeaverTails shack) Off site Feb 1999 Engaged at Cindy's Sept 2000, DL GC Feb 2001, POFQ Sept 2001, Poly June 2002, Off site March 2003, FW Hallowe'en 2003, GF Xmas 2003, DisneyLand Oct 2004, FW May 2005 Joined DVC June 2005 SSR Oct 2005, OKW Dec 2005, DLH Mar 2006,DS's 1st Trip BCV & CBR Oct 2006, VWL & POR Dec 2006, BCV & POR May 2007, BWV & ASM Aug 2007, SSR Oct 2007 VWL Dec 2007, AKL/VWL Sept 2008, March 2009 Pop/BCV, Disney Wonder and AKV/BCV May 2009, AKL/VWL Sept 2009, OKW Dec 2009,Mar 2010 Disney Wonder and BLT, May 2010 AKL, Aug 2010 VWL/BCV,Dec 2010 AKL, Feb 2011 Disney Dream/VWL, May 2011 BLT, Sept 2011 VGC, Oct 2011 SSR, Aulani June 2012, BCV/VWL Sept 2012, AKV/BLT Sept 2013, Dec 2013 VWL/DisneyDream, Aug 2014 SSR/AKL, Nov 2014 VGC
(me)(DH)(DS 8) (DS 3)
dsneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #10
collegeprogram01
Mouseketeer

so with mixed reviews...would you go to CG or one of the signatures in the Grand Floridian?
Old 09-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #11
2manypets
DIS Veteran

I'm one with a bad review (and yes I also post good reviews)

DH & I started with the Spicy Kazaan roll. We had to wait about 15 minutes to get some soy sauce to go with it because our waiter was no where to be seen and the other waiters wouldn't stop at our table. Even after the long wait to eat the roll, it was better than I've had in a very long time. Truly spectacular.

We also had the steak for DH and the scallops for me. The steak was cooked perfectly to a medium rare. It looked awesome on the plate. When DH cut into it and tasted it he made one of those ugh faces. I tried a bite and it really had absolutely no flavor to it. Well it tasted alot like liver and was just as grainy. DH will eat anything, but he only took two bites of that steak. Hopefully they'll get better cuts of meat in the future.

My scallops also looked like heaven on a plate. The first one was so good, melt in your mouth and make obnoxious sounds good. The rest had so much grit in them I started gagging. The sides were delicious though so I filled up on that.

The service however was stellar other than the first disappearing act. The waiter was on top of refills and such. I would go back, but we'll wait a few years until they get it together a little more.
2manypets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #12
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

We've decided to give CG a pass this trip and cancelled our 10/6/13 ADR. As much as I would have loved to have dinner there, especially since we're staying at BLT this trip, I think we'll give them some more time to iron out their menu and reopening jitters.

I've Google searched and read lots of reviews and besides some service issues, it seems most of the bad reviews are due to under/over cooked food so maybe they haven't quite gotten used to their new equipment. Not sure. It's a beautiful place for sure and I think if you're only interested in sushi it may still be worth a shot.

I will look forward to more awesome reviews I know will surely be coming in and to having a wonderful dinner there next trip!
Old 09-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #13
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegeprogram01 View Post
so with mixed reviews...would you go to CG or one of the signatures in the Grand Floridian?
I actually replaced my CG ADR with The Flying Fish at the BWI. Have eaten there once a few years ago and it was excellent. Really looking forward to dining there again!
Old 09-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #14
cattrix
Look deeply into my eyes...you're getting sleepy....now tell me where the Fancy Feast is.....

I have a GREAT review for CG. We were there the 2nd night it was open and were nothing but pleased with the service, the food, and all the changes.

Between 4 adults in my party it was restaurant #1 for everyone. All of our food was prepared exactly how we ordered it and we couldn't have been happier with our experience.

We eat at CG every year we go to DW, I ordered the Filet 1 time a while ago and was disappointed in the meat plus they didn't cook it right. This time I could rave enough about the Filet, done exactly how I wanted it and I could almost cut it with a fork!

The Spicy Kazan roll was fantastic also, we were a bit nervous about that one since the sushi chef had changed but they reassured us that it was the same recipe and it was.

I was shocked to come on here today and see the bad reviews or people saying that they were going to cancel their reservations.

"All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater things." Bobby Knight
cattrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #15
wdwloverz
Tigger, is that you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manypets View Post
I'm one with a bad review (and yes I also post good reviews)

DH & I started with the Spicy Kazaan roll. We had to wait about 15 minutes to get some soy sauce to go with it because our waiter was no where to be seen and the other waiters wouldn't stop at our table. Even after the long wait to eat the roll, it was better than I've had in a very long time. Truly spectacular.

We also had the steak for DH and the scallops for me. The steak was cooked perfectly to a medium rare. It looked awesome on the plate. When DH cut into it and tasted it he made one of those ugh faces. I tried a bite and it really had absolutely no flavor to it. Well it tasted alot like liver and was just as grainy. DH will eat anything, but he only took two bites of that steak. Hopefully they'll get better cuts of meat in the future.

My scallops also looked like heaven on a plate. The first one was so good, melt in your mouth and make obnoxious sounds good. The rest had so much grit in them I started gagging. The sides were delicious though so I filled up on that.

The service however was stellar other than the first disappearing act. The waiter was on top of refills and such. I would go back, but we'll wait a few years until they get it together a little more.
Wow, that is certainly not acceptable for any restaurant, let alone a signature!
Did you send the entrees back and give them a chance to make it right?
If so, did they?
If you didn't send them back I think you had every right to.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: