Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
ali78
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 32

Jedi Training Question?

My son really wants to do this and last time we went I didnt know you had to sign up pretty much when the park opens. Does anyone know exactly where I go to do that?

thanks!
ali78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran
 
Luvchefmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 30 minutes from Chef Mickey FL
Posts: 12,203

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali78 View Post
My son really wants to do this and last time we went I didnt know you had to sign up pretty much when the park opens. Does anyone know exactly where I go to do that?

thanks!
Go to the left when entering the park and head over to the area of Indiana Jones I've seen a CM in the general area there for the sign-ups (across from it if I recall) you'll see her/him they have a sign Your DS will have a great time
__________________

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
GTRARNP
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9

We did this in Feb with my cousin. It's to the left wen you go into the park. There is a building on the right before you get to the Jedi training stage where you go in. It's adjacent to a gift shop area. There was a cast member hanging around by the building sign and a line formed pretty quickly. And yes, get there when the park opens and go straight there!
GTRARNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #4
ali78
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 32

okay thank you! we have breakfast reservations for 9:00 at hollywood and vine so I was planning on going there before the breakfast if I can
ali78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #5
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran
 
Luvchefmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 30 minutes from Chef Mickey FL
Posts: 12,203

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali78 View Post
okay thank you! we have breakfast reservations for 9:00 at hollywood and vine so I was planning on going there before the breakfast if I can
definitely need to get over there BEFORE the breakfast to sign him up
__________________

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #6
ali78
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
definitely need to get over there BEFORE the breakfast to sign him up
how long will they hold our table for once we have checked in?
ali78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:40 AM   #7
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran
 
Luvchefmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 30 minutes from Chef Mickey FL
Posts: 12,203

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali78 View Post
how long will they hold our table for once we have checked in?
when you check in for your ADR you stay at the restaurant, no leaving to go do something else you'll have time to do both
__________________

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:32 AM   #8
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust
 
Itinkso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 7,996

Hollywood Studios lets guests into the park before the stated opening time. Most people report getting in the park at least 30 minutes early so plan on arriving early and head straight to the Sounds Dangerous sign-up area.
__________________
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #9
ali78
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post
Hollywood Studios lets guests into the park before the stated opening time. Most people report getting in the park at least 30 minutes early so plan on arriving early and head straight to the Sounds Dangerous sign-up area.
I was planning on getting there early. should get I get there early and get in the normal line up to be let in early and then go back to the front to sign in for breakfast? Or should I change our breakfast for 8:05 and hope to be done in time for rope drop? OR should I make it later than 9:10?
ali78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #10
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust
 
Itinkso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 7,996

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali78 View Post
I was planning on getting there early. should get I get there early and get in the normal line up to be let in early and then go back to the front to sign in for breakfast? Or should I change our breakfast for 8:05 and hope to be done in time for rope drop? OR should I make it later than 9:10?
I think you and your child should go sign up for JTA and then go directly to the restaurant after that. You do not need to return to the front of the park.
__________________
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #11
ali78
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 32

how long does it take for the jedi training sign up? should i keep my 9:10 reservation or change to 9:30?
ali78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #12
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust
 
Itinkso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 7,996

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali78 View Post
how long does it take for the jedi training sign up? should i keep my 9:10 reservation or change to 9:30?
Keep your 9:10 and go directly there after signing up for Jedi. If shouldn't take that long at Jedi and it isn't that far to walk to H&V. The later you set it back, the more you miss in the park!
__________________
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.