Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #16
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
I think people just get it in their heads that that is the way their vacation will be. I really don't understand why you would wait until the last minute to book it, if you know you want it. Is there certain reservations that you have to wait until closer to time?
I think it's likely the way you have to pay. With a package deal, it has to be paid in full by a certain day. With a room only, you can wait til you get there to make the final payment. So you make your room only, then when you're about a week out, you change to a package and payment is due in full on the phone.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #17
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I've seen it too and was totally baffled by it. It's not like you aren't allowed to eat without the DDP! If you have money to pay at the desk just use it for the food
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiths02 View Post
Why would someone cry? You can still buy food!
I know the Dining Plan doesn't make a lot of financial sense for a lot of people - but if you have a few kids and are planning a lot of character meals, the Dining Plan can save them a whole lot of $$$.
Our last trip was the first time we had been without a Dining Plan - and the first time I look at the *real* cost of Character Dining meals.
Certainly you can eat in the Parks without the Dining Plan - but depending on your families plan to dine, the Dining Plan can definately have an impact on where you are going to eat.
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #18
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post

I know the Dining Plan doesn't make a lot of financial sense for a lot of people - but if you have a few kids and are planning a lot of character meals, the Dining Plan can save them a whole lot of $$$.
Our last trip was the first time we had been without a Dining Plan - and the first time I look at the *real* cost of Character Dining meals.
Certainly you can eat in the Parks without the Dining Plan - but depending on your families plan to dine, the Dining Plan can definately have an impact on where you are going to eat.
I'm a dxdp user. Totally understand wanting to save but I still can't understand being brought to tears in public.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #19
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Because you can't make changes to a package reservation later than 3 days before arrival (and it's 3 days, not 6). You can always change the amount of days on your tickets by upgrading them when you get there...but you can't do a package add-on for DDP at the desk.

And if you have a room only reservation, you cannot add a dining plan to that reservation unless you make it a package. That means it must be cancelled and rebooked as a package. If you're within 6 days you can't cancel it without giving up your deposit. And you certainly cannot do that at the desk after you have arrived.

With Disney, never wait until the same day to add things.

Last edited by TDC Nala; 04-10-2013 at 08:16 AM.
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: