Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 01:22 PM   #31
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

Walking Dead and GOT tonight! I'm in zombie/whitewalker heaven!

Sandor is my favorite character. Hope they stick to the first half of SOS with his storyline!
Old 03-31-2013, 01:28 PM   #32
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmoonstone View Post
I love Tyrion's wit and Arya's courage. They, along with Davos are my favourites (Also love Theon...I keep thinking he is going to somehow redeem himself).
I personally cannot stand the Jon Snow or Dany or Bran chapters...zzz..they put me to sleep.
I'm so with you on Jon and Bran chapters. Dany's chapters are either fantastic or boring. I think her storyline this season will be great.
Resort stays: DLR Grand Californian Jan 2011, HKDL Hollywood Hotel July 2011, WDW Wilderness Lodge Jan 2012, DLR Paradise Pier and MNSSHP Oct 2012, AKL Jan 2013, HKDL Hotel and Halloween party Oct 2013

2014 Book Challenge 19/30 read
1. David and Goliath 2. The Eye of the World 3. A Firing Offense 4. Fire from Heaven 5. The Gordonston Ladies Dog Walking Club 6. Orphan Train 7. A Most Peculiar Malaysian Murder 8. The Rosie Project 9. The New Centurions 10. The Black Echo 11. The Hall of Elders Crossing 12. Secrets of the Tudor Court 13. Al Capp 14. The Witch Doctor's Wife 15. The Headhunter's Daughter 16. The Yard 17. The Dinner 18. The Magicians 19. The All-Girls Filling Station's Last Reunion 20. The Golem and the Jinni

Currently reading: The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #33
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by low-key View Post
ahhh yes, Im looking forward to it, although Im still upset way back from season one that Ned is Dead
Yes......
Quote:
Originally Posted by low-key View Post
who all you like best in the series ? I like the Dwarf (is that the political correct term)
and yes!!! Love Tyrion but also love Jon Snow. Did love Ned...see how that worked out for me!!

Is it tonight yet????

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:44 PM   #34
smkiya
Sorta new. ;) Still gets a tag
THREADJACKER ALERT!

Has an official season 3 thread been started yet?
smkiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:36 PM   #35
Dancind
Tinkerbell's Mom
just full of pass questions
Onward and Downward!

Cannot wait. We've read all the books, but must confess skipping many chapters. Love the Stark and Lannister families, and Dany. My theory is that end game is Dany and Jon Snow.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #36
lightmoonstone
Mouseketeer

@Calibear Ditto on the Dany chapters!

I was kind of bummed not to see any Arya/Jaime or Reek...I mean, Theon.

Really glad to see the Tyrell's cementing themselves in King's Landing and Barristan Selmy!!!
2012- Art of Animation & All Star Movies
lightmoonstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #37
ZuZugal
DIS Veteran
There are many reasons to come to the dark side....

Just watched it (dvr'd it last night). I loved jon snow last season but already I am not a big fan of his just from this episode. He used to be more of a leader than a follower I guess...

I want someone to cut Joffrey's balls off, really I do.

I love all of the "bad" characters because they are the most interesting, esp the women. Cersei is my favorite. She is so darned smart and wants everything her way. Joffrey may just be her undoing.

What is going to happen with Stanis and the crazy lady?? She seems so evil and he seems so dumb to follow her. I have not read-ahead in my books; I want to watch it first!!

I do love Tyrion. Favorite line from last night's episode w/Cersei...she tells him he is not half as smart as he thinks he is, and he tells her "but I am still smarter than you!!" Those 2 have the best quick-witted one-line-zinger conversations.

Ten oughta do it, don't you think?
You think we need one more?
You think we need one more.
All right, we'll get one more.

This is our daughter Dottie...and this is our other daughter, Dottie's sister.
ZuZugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #38
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuZugal View Post
Just watched it (dvr'd it last night). I loved jon snow last season but already I am not a big fan of his just from this episode. He used to be more of a leader than a follower I guess...

I want someone to cut Joffrey's balls off, really I do.

I love all of the "bad" characters because they are the most interesting, esp the women. Cersei is my favorite. She is so darned smart and wants everything her way. Joffrey may just be her undoing.

What is going to happen with Stanis and the crazy lady?? She seems so evil and he seems so dumb to follow her. I have not read-ahead in my books; I want to watch it first!!

I do love Tyrion. Favorite line from last night's episode w/Cersei...she tells him he is not half as smart as he thinks he is, and he tells her "but I am still smarter than you!!" Those 2 have the best quick-witted one-line-zinger conversations.
I'm wondering if Joffrey's new girl is up to something or, if she is genuine, will she be the one to turn his cold heart into a warm one. You can see that his mother doesn't seem to trust her in the least.

Cersei's character bothers me a bit b/c it reminds me of the battered wife syndrome. When will her character finally realize what the right thing is to do and go ahead and do it?!

DH and I noticed that the Red Witch already has her spell on Stanis. We could tell just by looking at him that he has changed and kind of out of it.

I'm also wondering if Tyrion will eventually break away from his family. His father resents what happened to his wife while she was giving birth to Tyrion. He makes sure that Tyrion never forgets that.

As for Jon Snow, I think he is trying to get on the inside. I don't believe that he is turning his back on the Watch. I really think he's up to something.

Khaleesi - DH and I are wondering who sent the assassin after her. I'm wondering if it was the Red Witch. Also wondering if Khaleesi's dragons and the Red Witch will eventually go head-to-head in the future. Or if the Red Witch and the White Walkers will go head-to-head or will they join forces? Oh, the possibilities...

I was a little disappointed that they didn't have Arya in this ep. But, there are a lot of side stories going on in one episode.

Can't wait until Sunday

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #39
nicolita3
DIS Veteran

The assassin was from the people from last season, the magicians who stole her dragons I believe
Old 04-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #40
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn

I'm wondering if Joffrey's new girl is up to something or, if she is genuine, will she be the one to turn his cold heart into a warm one. You can see that his mother doesn't seem to trust her in the least.

Cersei's character bothers me a bit b/c it reminds me of the battered wife syndrome. When will her character finally realize what the right thing is to do and go ahead and do it?!

DH and I noticed that the Red Witch already has her spell on Stanis. We could tell just by looking at him that he has changed and kind of out of it.

I'm also wondering if Tyrion will eventually break away from his family. His father resents what happened to his wife while she was giving birth to Tyrion. He makes sure that Tyrion never forgets that.

As for Jon Snow, I think he is trying to get on the inside. I don't believe that he is turning his back on the Watch. I really think he's up to something.

Khaleesi - DH and I are wondering who sent the assassin after her. I'm wondering if it was the Red Witch. Also wondering if Khaleesi's dragons and the Red Witch will eventually go head-to-head in the future. Or if the Red Witch and the White Walkers will go head-to-head or will they join forces? Oh, the possibilities...

I was a little disappointed that they didn't have Arya in this ep. But, there are a lot of side stories going on in one episode.

Can't wait until Sunday
Haven't read the books?
Old 04-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #41
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

Is there enough interest for two threads? I can certainly keep book spoilers out of discussion as I wouldn't want to spoil it for those who haven't read the series, but I wouldn't mind a book-readers thread if others are interested.
Resort stays: DLR Grand Californian Jan 2011, HKDL Hollywood Hotel July 2011, WDW Wilderness Lodge Jan 2012, DLR Paradise Pier and MNSSHP Oct 2012, AKL Jan 2013, HKDL Hotel and Halloween party Oct 2013

2014 Book Challenge 19/30 read
1. David and Goliath 2. The Eye of the World 3. A Firing Offense 4. Fire from Heaven 5. The Gordonston Ladies Dog Walking Club 6. Orphan Train 7. A Most Peculiar Malaysian Murder 8. The Rosie Project 9. The New Centurions 10. The Black Echo 11. The Hall of Elders Crossing 12. Secrets of the Tudor Court 13. Al Capp 14. The Witch Doctor's Wife 15. The Headhunter's Daughter 16. The Yard 17. The Dinner 18. The Magicians 19. The All-Girls Filling Station's Last Reunion 20. The Golem and the Jinni

Currently reading: The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
CaliBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #42
cabanafrau
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBear View Post
Is there enough interest for two threads? I can certainly keep book spoilers out of discussion as I wouldn't want to spoil it for those who haven't read the series, but I wouldn't mind a book-readers thread if others are interested.
That's probably the way to go, and what I've seen done elsewhere on the net. There's already been some stuff dropped in here.

I'm in the same boat as a PP, DH has read some, but not all of the books & I've basically been unable to discuss the show with him since early in the first season because of the changes between the show & the books & not wanting to spoil anything for him. Some Sundays I've literally had to bite my tongue.

Note to self, try to make time tonight to check up on the red matter. I thought that referred to another incident I did not find joyous. There is another "matter" I have been in a terrible rush to watch played out.
cabanafrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #43
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Haven't read the books?
Not yet. Neither has DH. I guess I'm afraid that I would get a lot of spoilers reading it. I know that there are differences between the series and the books (like the character of Arya for example). But I like being on the edge of my seat each week wanting more rather than knowing what's ahead.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #44
Tinkh
DIS Veteran

Seriously, so excited that it is back! I am halfway through book 5 and I just haven't been able to muster my attention back into it. I loved the third book, so I am really excited for this one. Tyrion
Old 04-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #45
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrkitn View Post
Not yet. Neither has DH. I guess I'm afraid that I would get a lot of spoilers reading it. I know that there are differences between the series and the books (like the character of Arya for example). But I like being on the edge of my seat each week wanting more rather than knowing what's ahead.
Arya isn't different in the series than she is in the books (so far). Actually the show hasn't taken much in the way of liberties with the story. Only a little here and there. I have found having read the books has made it easier to keep track of who is who...DH on the other hand, who has not read it, is totally lost.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: