Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #241
MnMomtoboys
DIS Veteran

These people can't win.

Whatever happened to having compassion for other people?

MN: The land of 10,000 lakes and at least 1 idiot.
MnMomtoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #242
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR View Post
How would that even be possible if their FB was set to PRIVATE??? Oh wait, it isn't. We teach our children to set their FB pages to private, yet these adults have chosen not to do the same thing. Sorry, but that is their problem. If, God forbid, something horrific happened to my children, the only people who could post on my wall are my small group of friends and relatives. If one of them posted something negative, I would delete the comment immediately and block that person. This isn't rocket science. They are inviting more drama into their lives than they need.
It's not rocket science to show common decency either but that seems to be a lost art on some people. Blame, blame, blame, judge, judge, judge...lather, rinse, repeat.

I would do this, I would have done that...on and on and on.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #243
nugov2
DIS Veteran

I will add that also many post that they "have better things to be doing". Have you ever spent nights in a hospital with a sick child. Well I have. You don't sleep even when they are. You sit in a chair unable to watch tv or do much else, but stare. You can't read a book because you are too scared to. Perhaps they have a tablet or a phone with internet and are looking to facebook or other social media to feel connected with people they know or even don't know who are supporting them. Maybe family out of state, but they go on to read these caring messages and then they see all this judgment. No matter how your child is injured, sick or whatever you feel as a parent it is somehow your fault. Even though it wasn't. Have any of you ever looked away from your child...took a selfish minute to check email or make a phone call and your child falls and gets hurt? It has happened to all of us...how did you feel. You weren't doing anything wrong, you just let your guard down for a minute. That is all it takes. Luckily, most times it works out and a kiss of the boo, boo and they are ok. Now imagine how this family feels. Most parents(aside from drug users or alcoholics) make the best decisions they can in the best interest of their children. Sometimes accidents happen sometimes they get really sick. Whatever it is, it is scary and you need people to wrap you in love, not judgment. Spend your time praying that this little boy heals and that you never have to experience a seriously injured or sick child.
nugov2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #244
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnMomtoboys View Post
These people can't win.

Whatever happened to having compassion for other people?
I'm all for compassion, but I am also all in favor of personal responsibility. They have been through a tragedy and it isn't over yet. My heart goes out to them. But if they are choosing to bring more drama upon their family by participating in message board debates, that is their own problem. If my son was fighting for his life in a hospital, I can't imagine I would concern myself with FB or the Dis.
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #245
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

Quote:
But why read it???? That is on them, sorry. It is time for them to step away from the computer. Considering the horrific situation they are continuing to go through, reading unflattering messages on the internet will not help their state of mind. They can't control what others think or say.
I have to agree with this. It's not going to help them.
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
lillygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #246
DJinPA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
How would that even be possible if their FB was set to PRIVATE??? Oh wait, it isn't. We teach our children to set their FB pages to private, yet these adults have chosen not to do the same thing. Sorry, but that is their problem. If, God forbid, something horrific happened to my children, the only people who could post on my wall are my small group of friends and relatives. If one of them posted something negative, I would delete the comment immediately and block that person. This isn't rocket science. They are inviting more drama into their lives than they need.
I think that the majority of people are interested and supporting the family in prayer. The family has expressed their own belief in prayer and appreciation of support. There are a lot of people who truly care and realize how quickly this can happen. Unfortunately, there are others who feel like it makes them a bigger, better person to judge. My opinion, they are bullies.
DJinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #247
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugov2 View Post
I will add that also many post that they "have better things to be doing". Have you ever spent nights in a hospital with a sick child. Well I have. You don't sleep even when they are. You sit in a chair unable to watch tv or do much else, but stare. You can't read a book because you are too scared to. Perhaps they have a tablet or a phone with internet and are looking to facebook or other social media to feel connected with people they know or even don't know who are supporting them. Maybe family out of state, but they go on to read these caring messages and then they see all this judgment. No matter how your child is injured, sick or whatever you feel as a parent it is somehow your fault. Even though it wasn't. Have any of you ever looked away from your child...took a selfish minute to check email or make a phone call and your child falls and gets hurt? It has happened to all of us...how did you feel. You weren't doing anything wrong, you just let your guard down for a minute. That is all it takes. Luckily, most times it works out and a kiss of the boo, boo and they are ok. Now imagine how this family feels. Most parents(aside from drug users or alcoholics) make the best decisions they can in the best interest of their children. Sometimes accidents happen sometimes they get really sick. Whatever it is, it is scary and you need people to wrap you in love, not judgment. Spend your time praying that this little boy heals and that you never have to experience a seriously injured or sick child.
There are some very inspirational sites out there that one can go to for support. A public FB page isn't one of them. Something personal with immediate friends and family? Sure! But allowing yourself to be pulled into a debate when your child is fighting for his life isn't helping anyone.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #248
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
I'm all for compassion, but I am also all in favor of personal responsibility. They have been through a tragedy and it isn't over yet. My heart goes out to them. But if they are choosing to bring more drama upon their family by participating in message board debates, that is their own problem. If my son was fighting for his life in a hospital, I can't imagine I would concern myself with FB or the Dis.
That's the thing. I doubt you can imagine what it is like or what you would be doing or as a relative what you would be concerning yourself with. So why not stop judging them on that because the fact is you are not in their shoes.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #249
DJinPA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
There are some very inspirational sites out there that one can go to for support. A public FB page isn't one of them. Something personal with immediate friends and family? Sure! But allowing yourself to be pulled into a debate when your child is fighting for his life isn't helping anyone.
I think the fact that anyone would debate with them when it is not their family is outrageous, that's the point . . .why on earth should this be up to debate?
DJinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #250
MnMomtoboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is your choice if you don't want a public fb page. They do. Stop judging them for their choice.

MN: The land of 10,000 lakes and at least 1 idiot.
MnMomtoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #251
nugov2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They should be able to have a public fb page so that people like me who are strangers and really care about his recovery and also believe in the power of prayer can offer that up without the fear of self-righteous bullies spewing judgment and hate.
nugov2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #252
lauracitawita
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR

Hopefully you will never have to find out what you would or wouldn't concern yourself with if your son was fighting for his life. I would also hope that whatever you do choose to concern yourself with wouldn't be judged by anyone, because the pain you would be in would be enough.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
lauracitawita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #253
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnMomtoboys View Post
That is your choice if you don't want a public fb page. They do. Stop judging them for their choice.
It is most certainly their choice to have a public FB. But then they have to expect some not so nice posts. They have made the choice to open their FB and those are the consequences. We all know there are some people in this world who aren't nice. We can't control them. My original response to this was to the poster who said it was horrible that they now HAVE to read these responses. My entire point is that they DO NOT HAVE to read these responses. They are CHOOSING to do so. You can call it judging all you want. It is simply nothing more than the truth. They are making a choice to keep this public.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #254
crashbb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugov2 View Post
They should be able to have a public fb page so that people like me who are strangers and really care about his recovery and also believe in the power of prayer can offer that up without the fear of self-righteous bullies spewing judgment and hate.
Exactly - if you believe in the power of prayer (and they clearly do) wouldn't you do everything in your power to increase your "prayer circle".
crashbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #255
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
We all know there are some people in this world who aren't nice.
That's certainly been proven to be true.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: